What Would U Do?

Kristina

9wks ago my boy was used at stud by a guy who has had litters before, he also bred the girl. It was her first litter.

He emailed me pics of her last wk, didn't look very big, and i thought she'd go early. She did, only by 2 days. He left her that day on a chain and when he came home he found 4 pups and very cold. Poor girl and poor pups.

So he got them all settled and she was doing her job i guess. Now 3 days later he emails again saying they're all gone. I guess he didn't spend much time helping and keeping an eye on them. He doesn't know what happened, but i'm sure they'd be ok if they were given a hand.

So my question now is, would you give him another mating for free? Would you give a mating at all again? If you would, would you charge same as last time?

I feel bad, they were such nice pups too. Such a shame.

Guest Doglady0419
9wks ago my boy was used at stud by a guy who has had litters before, he also bred the girl. It was her first litter.

He emailed me pics of her last wk, didn't look very big, and i thought she'd go early. She did, only by 2 days. He left her that day on a chain and when he came home he found 4 pups and very cold. Poor girl and poor pups.

So he got them all settled and she was doing her job i guess. Now 3 days later he emails again saying they're all gone. I guess he didn't spend much time helping and keeping an eye on them. He doesn't know what happened, but i'm sure they'd be ok if they were given a hand.

So my question now is, would you give him another mating for free? Would you give a mating at all again? If you would, would you charge same as last time?

Kristina......NO! You don't give him another mating....he got his litter of 4 pups and couldn't, wouldn't look after them....that is his problem....you and your dog did what you were paid for. The buck lays with him....definitely NO repeat mating.

[He emailed me pics of her last wk, didn't look very big, and i thought she'd go early. She did, only by 2 days. He left her that day on a chain and when he came home he found 4 pups and very cold. Poor girl and poor pups.

Any person who keeps a dog on chain would get short shift from me.

Give him nothing he doesn't deserve anything.

I would never allow a person who looks after their dog like that person to use a dog of mine.

I don't know if i would... two days early I'd have her inside getting her used to her box etc... chained in the garage seems... odd

But anyway! is there anything in your stud contract that he could come back on you with if you refuse a second mating?

Edited by SparkyTansy

Only had a verbal contract, she fell pregy that was it. My side done.

So far he's only told me the pups are no more, his words were they're gone, so i'm assuming that means dead rather then no bodies in sight. He said he was very sad, etc. Didn't say about another mating, but i want to prepare if it comes up

No No NO !!! I agree. . . As you said - bitch got pregnant your bit done. I wouldn't return stud fee and I wouldn't be a part of another mating / litter - not if thats the way he has treated her. Poor babies and poor bitch - hope she is now getting the care she needs, but I am doubtful. Poor girl.

I'm also a NO.

On an unemotional level my stud agreement says the birth of a live litter. To me that is healthy live puppies born. I think if the pups died after that and had been well cared for I would give a return service.

On an emotional level - what was he doing having a feeding bitch chained in a garage in this cold weather?

I'm guessing he chained her so he knew where she was incase she went into labour and decided to hide them somewhere. Just a guess. He's got land, not sure how much tho.

For me personally, that's the worst he could have done. Should have had her inside, laundry even, and i bet when pups got cold he didn't warm them up but relied on mum to do it, in which case i'd say they stayed cold.

So i'll be going with NO if he does ask again. Such a waste of really nice pups.

Give him nothing...........that poor bitch on a chain...........those poor pups..............he should be whipped.

She was chained in the garage, that's what he said. Don't think she was outside, but who knows.

He felt bad about it all.

Obviously he didn't feel bad enough not to do it. :laugh:

I don't even know why you speak to this person anymore. How callous to chain a pregnant dog anywhere. Disgusted.

It's called WARMTH, BLANKETS, A PUPPY PEN and A WHELPING BOX........................ :D :D

FFS - if he wants a litter, he treats the bitch like a queen.......and please don't tell me this was a Chihuahua.... :(

It's called WARMTH, BLANKETS, A PUPPY PEN and A WHELPING BOX........................ :D :)

FFS - if he wants a litter, he treats the bitch like a queen.......and please don't tell me this was a Chihuahua.... :(

I was starting to wonder this to.

Not only is it wrong to breed a litter in those circumstances and on chain into the bargain.

I would be letting every breeder know what happened to the litter.

Of course we can not stop other people allowing this retched person using another dog next time but I would be doing my best

to see they never used another dog.

Nothing makes me more mad than cases like this. On a chain, no heating and no supervision :D