What Would U Do?

Kristina

I'm adding a big NOOOOOO to letting this person use your male again.

When a female dog is pregnant you do whatever you have to do to ensure she has a safe and healthy pregnancy and then you make sure she is set up for labour in a warm, comfortable, safe place to give birth. How is she supposed to move around properly and do what she needs to do whilst giving birth if she is chained up?

Poor mum and bubs :confused:

Not a chi, she's a shepherd.

I asked him what he meant by GONE, and he meant he can't find the pups. Which is strange. Doubt mum would eat them, if she moved them surely she'd be there with them. Unless another dog moved them??? Not sure if his other girl was allowed near them, she was the grandma.

It's all so sad :smashpc:

I asked him what he meant by GONE, and he meant he can't find the pups. Which is strange. Doubt mum would eat them, if she moved them surely she'd be there with them. Unless another dog moved them??? Not sure if his other girl was allowed near them, she was the grandma.

It's all so sad :D

Want to bet on it. :champagne::provoke::):love:

Actually, I thought about this after I wrote it and I decided I wouldn't be breed biased - NO WHELPING bitch should be chained up and the breed doesn't matter. :rofl::(

Kristina, I'm finding it really hard to be sympathetic to this so-called "breeder" - it sounds like EVERYTHING has been neglected which is sad for the bitch and the pups. :( But not for him......and if he's so clueless that he thinks the bitch *didn't* eat the pups well......I'm with Bilbo on this one. A bitch chained in a shed with nothing, whelping without supervision - anything could've happened but by and large the bitch eating the pups is a LIKELY outcome.

Be tough - no extra stud - he got his pups - he neglected them and they died - you don't owe him anything.

Edited by t-time

Anyone that treats a bitch and pups like that, either intentionally or through not knowing any better, should have their prefix taken off them.

Totally agree.

And Kristina, I wouldn't be contemplating return studs ect. I'd be planning how fast I could report his ass to his states' canine body.

From what you've described, his actions must at the very least indicate a breach of the COE.

fifi

Sounds like you don't really have all the facts..

You think he said she was chained.... but perhaps was she in a shed.... your not sure....

The pups are gone..... and he is sad..... but then you don't have more details than that....

I think you have to make up your own mind about the situation.... it is not something people online should judge as we don't have the facts..... just a smattering of details from one side......

Poor girl and poor poor puppies.

I'd hate to imagine the trauma this bitch was going through all by herself restrained on a chain and no help or warmth. :(

Maybe she ate the pups to protect them from her owner.

Horrible horrible, just makes my heart break thinking about it.

When I have puppies due I take time off from work for a full week before the due date and then another 2 weeks at least plus I make up a bed in the whelping room and sleep there for 2-3 weeks.

Edited to add: I forgot to answer the question...No I would not let this person near any of my dogs again.

You've carried out your end of the bargain and the rest was up to him to give due and proper care.

Edited by peaceful

I know it all sounds terrible, but i'm sure there's worse. He is an older guy, lives alone, works, he is also a veteran.

He felt bad that he missjudged it and had her chained up. She's normally loose and was loose after that and before. She was put in a whelping box and was comfy. It happened during later afternoon and morning.

We all have our way of looking after our bitch, some will take time off work, like me, and some can't. I'm sure he was doing best possible.

Anyway, i won't give him another mating.

I gather this person doesnt show ,it sounds like it was just a litter to have.

veteran or not we choose to mate our bitches,we then have to make arrangements to be there when the time comes or provide an alternative that is suitable.

4 live pups where born so no i wouldnt offer a refund/re service & certainly not with the situation that supposedly happen.

As a stud dog owner i too have ethics as to what i deem suitable