Alaskan Malamute ~ Needs Help

HollyE

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of a friend knows some Malamute breeders and one of them is going to have a look at him tomorrow! Oh I hope this is the start of a happy ending! Please keep your fingers crossed for this beautiful boy :)

:o

It will be a happy ending, never fear. I was contacted this morning to see if I could foster him. If he can't find a foster carer in NSW, he'll be flown here and I said I would be honoured to take him...though I think he'd be classed as a foster failure because I don't think I could part with him after all he's been through! I know there are offers of a permanent home as well if he turns out to be cat-friendly. There's no way this gorgeous old man will be allowed to be PTS...there are many, many people outraged by his situation. His owners are the ones who need to be put down! :(:

an update ... please!?!??

As far as I know he is being transported to Brisbane to be adopted by a carer with BFR. That's what it says on their Facebook today.

Hmm, probably tigerlily73 above even???? Hope so!

Hi everyone :) Wolf is flying here to Bris Vegas on Friday night. He's being tested this week to see if he's cat-friendly, in which case he has a forever home to go to. If he turns out not to like kitties, he's coming to stay with me and my clan. I'm very excited to meet him...ooh, I'm going to spoil that old boy rotten...I'll be sure to give him a tummy rub from all of you too! :laugh:

YAY!!! OMG THAT IS GREAT NEWS!!! Please pleaseeee post piccies :rolleyes:

Fantasic outcome... No words (well I do but I have yet to have a warning off Troy, thought it would be worth it..) for the people that have dumped him like they have, I am just happy that he will live out his remining years spoil and loved unconditionally...

I've seen pics of Wolf with his foster carer, who picked him up Friday night. He is smiling with happiness! He goes to his new forever home tomorrow - I think with tigerlily73 so hopefully she will send some pics our way. But from the ones I saw on Facebook he is over the moon to be back in a family environment. Great save for a boy who didn't deserve to be discarded like this!

We need an update and some photos... so pleased he has a loving home to go to. What a beautiful big boy he is shame his previous family did not see such qualities an older dog can bring to your life.

*edited for a spelling mistake.

Edited by PRADA68

:laugh: That is such awesome news for a handsome gent, huge thank you to all who stepped in to help this gentleman find the forever home he so deserves

His story has made me :laugh: but happy tears at the end to hear how lucky he is

:laugh: hope karma bites hard on his old owners!!! ggrrrrrr

This actually makes me sad. His needs are obviously so freaking simple - to just be part of a family. He is obviously a responsive dog but they wanted a puppy instead? For an older dog he still makes the effort so why couldn't they? I hope he wants for nothing in his retirement years.

This actually makes me sad. His needs are obviously so freaking simple - to just be part of a family. He is obviously a responsive dog but they wanted a puppy instead? For an older dog he still makes the effort so why couldn't they? I hope he wants for nothing in his retirement years.

+1

We just came across this thread with disbelief(DA and I) and have read with happiness to the end - partly because were a lil bit crook and a drive down to Blacktown to pick him up this weekend would have been stretching us both but it would have been done. Cant tell you how happy we are to know Wolf is in a far far better place than he has ever been before and will live out his days how he deserves.

Well done rescuers - brilliant save.

I would so like to come across his x owners some day soon.

Edited by Snowysal