Our Journey

Arash

We first met him when he was only six weeks old, a gorgeous puppy who was playing happily with his brothers and sisters. I never forget that day in October 2007 when we picked him for the first time and hold him in our arms for the first time. what an amazing feeling it was. We named him Kasper.

We bought a house just a few days earlier so we can have him as part of our family. Finally the best day of our life arrived and we took him home when he turned eight weeks old, I remember my wife was driving and I hold him in my hand. he was a bit upset in the car in the beginning but soon he felt asleep. my wife has always been worried about him feeling sad thinking about his mom and siblings.

We watched him grow but he was the same playful puppy for the best the first two years of his life.

It was me that insisted on having a dog but very soon he became my wife's boy, they were inseparable. I guess Kasper liked me as well but I knew that he's mommy's boy.

It passed so quickly 3 years and 9 days, my wife has been crying for the last few days. We had to let him go yesterday morning, for me it wasn't hard at the beginning (or maybe I didn't realize what's happening to us) but this morning it hit me so hard that I can't believe it, my heart is full of pain and it doesn't go away. I didn't realize how much I loved him till I woke up this morning and couldn't find him in the house. I've lost close family members and have always coped pretty well but this time ... I just want to be dead.

He was so special for us and we loved him so much but I regret that I didn't realize what a special dog Kasper was till we lost him.

Kasper you're always in our hear, forever. :)

What a beautiful reflection, yet confronting as the reality of the last few days hits home.

It is difficult when it is their time to leave us. But you will always have your memories of your time together and although you feel sad, always remember what a great life and the love you gave him, and how much love he gave back in return. It was a short life but one full of love and happt memories.

Thinking of you both at this time

Guest RANDCMOORE31

I'm so sorry to hear about Kasper. They take over our hearts, don't they? I hope in time, that the memories of your special boy will bring you happy memories and reflections - and he will still walk beside you every day - even though you may not be able to see him. There are some lovely poems on the Rainbow Bridge forum that might help you at this very sad time.

Thanks everyone for your kind replies.

It's so true that our dogs are not 'Just a dog'. They become such important part of our life that it becomes so hard to accept they'll leave us one day. Enjoy every moment you have with your beloved dog, I feel so sad when I remember him lying down calmly watching us with his beautiful eyes, following us everywhere we went, making sure we're safe. We used to share everything together I wish he didn't go alone.

RIP boy, you'll never be forgotten.

so sorry to read your sad news

overwhelming feeling when you lose a pet..and it can take a person by surprise...the intensity of the grief and sometimes it is hard to find someone to really talk about your feelings so it is a good thing we have these forums where people know that a pet is sucha huge part of your life

pass on condolences to your wife and take it easy with each other...some animals are so lucky to have a life with humans who love them so much

Oh Arash, I'm so sorry you lost your gorgeous boy :D

However his short life may have ended, he lived it being loved and cared for from when he was a tiny baby. That's what matters, and that's what he will take to the Rainbow Bridge with him. Mourn him as you need to, but keep remembering the good times. We're all thinking of you :thumbsup: