Black Hawk Holistic

Guest belgian.blue

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes I have to say it took me a while to realise...not that they weren't 100% but that it was ongoing, and yes this is certainly feedback and not an attack, it is a great food

I 100% believe there has been no formula change, but I am simply wondering if there could be some sort of contaminant in the manufacturing

Genuine question Sherel, is there any sort of lab testing involved in the manufacture of the food or the machines it is manufactured on? I just find it very coincidental that a number of dogs have all had similar problems, and it could just be that, a coincidence...but it could also be something else

For what it's worth (and this goes for all pet foods)...

If you think your dog(s) may have had an adverse reaction to any dog food, and your vet thinks it may be pet food related as well, you can ask the vet to report it to the "PetFAST - Pet Food Adverse Event System of Tracking": http://www.ava.com.au/petfast

Edited by Luke W

Guest english.ivy

How are all the BH dogs with their sore tummies today?

Thankfully mine are all ok.

I only had one day where Cooper was off, his stomach heaved all day he had the runs and vomited a couple of times but it only lasted one day. I didn't put it down to his food as he still ate and wanted to eat and it only last one day. If there has been a bad batch somehow we have definatley dodged it. I think if it was the food for CJ to be sick then all 4 of mine would be sick. I've just started a new bag yesterday. My guys just love the stuff and can't get enough of it. I'm sure them looking for a bit extra is due to winter. I got a pamphlet yesterday and it has info about the chicken and rice in it. I'd like 2 of mine to go on the chicken and rice as its lower in fat but the other two need to stay on the lamb and rice. Will decide once it's on the shelves, shouldn't be too much longer now.

Am finally taking the plunge and giving BH a try. Hope they don't get sick! Am getting a sample pack sent up from Townsville, then the lady is kindly bringing up a 3kg and a 20kg at the Cairns ag show for me to pay for and pick up, which is in 2 or 3 weeks time. Fingers crossed this food goes well as it is so cheap and high quality!

I've spoken to my supplier as well and there has been no issues either regarding the food (one dog did have an upset stomach but turned out to be a bug)

I will continue feeding it, can't wait for the chicken and grain free :)

I haven't re introduced the BH to Luka, he is enjoying the Nutro and doing well so I am reluctant to try the BH again but I have changed Mya over to the BH (both the big dogs have been on Uncle Albers for ages but Mya tends to get fed up with the same food and a change seems to increase her appetite) and she is fine on it. Maybe it was the lamb content that didn't agree with Luka after all.

I've spoken to my supplier as well and there has been no issues either regarding the food (one dog did have an upset stomach but turned out to be a bug)

Oh, I thought it was already grain free. Darn :(

It's corn, wheat & soy free

It's corn, wheat & soy free

Oops having a blonde moment, it was corn I was thinking of :hitself:

I am happy to say that I have not had any issues with BH at all, it has done what I wanted and that was to put weight on my male Rottweiler who had a pancretitis attack just before Christmas last year - he looks great. Mine are fed a combination of barf and chicken bones (lamb for the girls) and the BH. The only time my dogs seem to fart bad is when they have eaten too much - of anything. I have also noticed that you don't need to feed BH in large amounts to keep the weight on the dogs. I am currently feeding 3 Rottweilers and 1 Pug. Very happy with the product.

what suits one dog won't suit another, doesn't matter what the brand or the price tag' dog food is not a one size fits all. If it was, feeding a dog would be oh so easy, they would all maintain perfect weight, skin condition, mental health etc on the one food and people wouldn't have to even think about it.

Guest english.ivy

what suits one dog won't suit another, doesn't matter what the brand or the price tag' dog food is not a one size fits all. If it was, feeding a dog would be oh so easy, they would all maintain perfect weight, skin condition, mental health etc on the one food and people wouldn't have to even think about it.

+1

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one. Since starting new bag over the last few days, all my guys have been pooing really bad like jelly like and also have vomits. . I haven't changed anything in their diet. so I put it down to black hawk. Also notice kibble colour change. So ATM I'm awake at 1:30am cleaning pops up. Only dog not sick is the one on nutro. Lol

Edited by TeamSnag

Haha yep! The old girl does so well on Eukanuba, whereas the Aussie does well on Holistic Select, but I haven't yet found the food Biscuit does the very best on. So far he does best on Eukanuba, but I still think he could do better. Dogs just make it so hard for us these days :laugh:

ETA: Eek, after reading all these posts of dogs getting really sick, I'm worried now! Hopefully it's all good.

Edited by rusty&biscuit