Dog Stealing

maysiemoo

This is a story about a man who was physically knocked down in granville and had his dog stollen. (Lovely Bull Terrier called snowflake). http://parramatta-advertiser.whereilive.com.au/news/story/bring-back-snowflake/

Also have other people heard about recent dog stealing? I think about two weeks ago a dog thief may have tried to take a jack russell I know of.

On the news round up on ABC this morning they were saying that there seems to be some activity around stealing of Staffys at the moment. A man in Parramatta reported that he was approached and asked if he wanted to make some money by selling his dog?

And another couple of reports were mentioned about staffys been taken from backyards.

Edited by maysiemoo

This is a story about a man who was physically knocked down in granville and had his dog stollen. (pitt bull called snowflake). http://parramatta-advertiser.whereilive.com.au/news/story/bring-back-snowflake/

Also have other people heard about recent dog stealing? I think about two weeks ago a dog thief may have tried to take a jack russell I know of.

On the news round up on ABC this morning they were saying that there seems to be some activity around stealing of Staffys at the moment. A man in Parramatta reported that he was approached and asked if he wanted to make some money by selling his dog?

And another couple of reports were mentioned about staffys been taken from backyards.

Best make that Bull Terrier

we had several BC's go missing round here last year

current thing atm here is to steal horse rugs off the horses :mad

Horse rug theft has been big around here for years, our rugs have a lot of graffiti on them and touch wood have never lost one.

A few months ago their was a fair few dogs stolen in our area. What was happening was people were walking their dogs down to the local shops, tying them up outside while they went in. Someone was stealing them and then responding to the lost dog posters to collect any reward money!

• 3 weeks later...

Poor Snowflake, and poor owner! It's criminal that the police don't make this a priority. For a lot of us, the dog is family, and dog theft amounts to kidnap. Especially horrid for bull breeds, where the owner may have real, or inflated, fears that the dog has gone to a dog fighting ring. Awful, awful, awful, awful.

Lots of Staffys get "stolen" everywhere. Many of them are just clever enough or lonely enough to get out and end up somewhere else. Especially when there were thunderstorms about, I used to see heaps of it when I was dog washing, you would see the same dog missing from one client turn up at a new home, the new people whould think the dog was obviously bashed in its old home as it cowered for the first few days or was scared of the vaccuum or something and think they were doing the right thing by keeping him.

Edited by KatrinaM

A number of years back, our local police issued a warning via the newspaper. They said a bunch of people were going around, in our area of Brisbane, stealing attractive small breed dogs from people's front yards. It was assumed they would then offer them for sale.....somewhere else. Advice was to keep your dog secure behind side gates or inside.

Since then, there's been a greater emphasis on microchipping. Wasn't so common then.

I am of the belief that these breeds of dogs are stolen for illegal dog fighting. :(

Yes, I remember when it was thought they would steal strongish type dogs who would be used as a bait/ easy kill dog, with a bit of fight, to give the dog much confidence just prior to a fight.

Just saw on Facebook there have been a lot of thefts of Bullbreeds around Bendigo too. This is the post I saw on Facebook:

"Dogs are being stolen in bendigo and surrounding areas in big numbers!

Mainly staffys, bull terriers, Pitt bulls and other similar breeds.

A white male covered in tattoos and another man with no description at this stage may have something to do with it. They are driving a white (possibly vr or similar model) commodore.

These 2 men were driving around a young boy yesterday 3 times and on the 4th time pulled over and made a remark "nice dog ya got there" not sure on the rest of the details of the conversation.

Anyone with breeds of dogs like this please be very careful with them when not home or at night.

It has been suggested that these dogs are being stolen as "bait" for other dogs in illegal dog fighting rings!"

:mad:cry: Poor babies. :cry:

Edited by Sezz

we had several BC's go missing round here last year

current thing atm here is to steal horse rugs off the horses :mad

stealing horse rugs has been going on for 20 years or more, i used to have to have a padded chain curcingle sewn to my rugs and paddlock them along with front straps and leg straps we would also have our phone numbers painted on them and also the horses name, just to try to deter the theives. many times we would go down to the paddock to find rugs were gone and our horses naked :mad .