Would You Give Your Dog Ice-cream?

Atanquin

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mine love a Macca's cone as a treat every now and then. I think it's incredibly rude to tell someone what they can and can't feed their dog. Not a shop I'd be in any hurry to go back to.

Edited by GayleK

Our ice cream has 80% pure cocoa bean it's real strong stuff :p Like i said it's not your normal ice-cream.

Where is this fancy, not normal, 80% pure cocoa bean ice cream you speak of - I MUST HAVE SOME :laugh:

I had forgotten - the local gelato shop (frequently ranked as one of Sydney's best) used to give my previous dog his own gelato when I stopped in for a cone on a walk. He'd also get some pieces of broken cone.

Our ice cream has 80% pure cocoa bean it's real strong stuff :p Like i said it's not your normal ice-cream.

Where is this fancy, not normal, 80% pure cocoa bean ice cream you speak of - I MUST HAVE SOME :laugh:

Oh come on, where can we get some - I WANT SOME!! :laugh:

Okay so I work part time in an ice cream shop to pay for my education. Today a lady came in and got her ice-cream then asked if I do half scoops? I said no because we don't it's that simple we don't have a price for half scoops I said if she really wanted half a scoop i would have to charge to full price that is the rule of our shop and most other places you go. She didn't like that and went on to say it was for her little dog he liked chocolate ice cream? So I told her we couldn't sell her chocolate ice-cream if it was intended for pet consumption as chocolate could make him sick and we use real chocolate in our ice-cream and it's rather strong. Then she has a go at me about telling her what not to feed HER dog. And I kindly explained to her that if I gave her chocolate ice-cream knowing it was for the dog and he became ill we could get in trouble as chocolate is bad for dogs. Then she swore at me and walked out only to walk back in to ask for a cup with water in it for her dog? Once again I told her that I can not give out free cups because they cost us money? And that if she would like I can sell her a cup and a bottle of water? So she once again swore at me and walked of say I was cruel for not giving her dog water? I dunno about anyone else but I never go out without a bottle of water and bowl for my dog? I was so polite to her and that is our shop rules sorry but I had to vent some ppl are so rude

P.S sorry about and spelling / grammar mistakes just a bit upset after all that

I can't believe you wouldn't give her a cup with some water! I bet the cup wouldn't even have cost 2 cents.

I can't believe you wouldn't give her a cup with some water! I bet the cup wouldn't even have cost 2 cents.

If it's a store policy, there's nothing you can do and customers need to realise that rather than get pissy at the staff. When I worked at Disney, every single cup had to be accounted for. If it was ruined, it had to be kept to prove it was ruined. Your pay was docked if there were missing cups, because missing cups add up. Cups are a stocktake item, and stocktake items need to be accounted for. Even leftover popcorn was kept and weighed before being thrown out. After all, we can't account for the amount of syrup we use in a fountain drink, but we can account for the cups.

If it's a store policy, there's nothing you can do and customers need to realise that rather than get pissy at the staff. When I worked at Disney, every single cup had to be accounted for. If it was ruined, it had to be kept to prove it was ruined. Your pay was docked if there were missing cups, because missing cups add up. Cups are a stocktake item, and stocktake items need to be accounted for. Even leftover popcorn was kept and weighed before being thrown out. After all, we can't account for the amount of syrup we use in a fountain drink, but we can account for the cups.

yep, i have worked in jobs where everything was counted. You cant go breaking store policy just so someones dog can have a drink.

And today kaos got to try fig and macadamia and cookies and cream and strawberry and Ferrero Rocher AND cherry ripe ice cream :o

Mum, Dad, my niece and myself went to the Molong gelato factory and ordered way way way too much ice cream, so kaos got the left overs :laugh: (its ok, we both went for a run tonight to work it off!)