Supermarket Conversation

I was down at Woollies the other day, waiting for the checkout operator to finish scanning my shopping and he says to me "dog or cat?". I didn't have any pet food, so was a bit confused but quickly realised he had noticed the hair on my jacket. "Dog" I say, thinking to myself that he's lucky I'm a fairly relaxed sort of character. I suppose I should run a sticky roller over my jacket before going out in public but if it's only Woollies, I can't see it happening soon.

When were you last sprung as a crazy dog person?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was down at Woollies the other day, waiting for the checkout operator to finish scanning my shopping and he says to me "dog or cat?". I didn't have any pet food, so was a bit confused but quickly realised he had noticed the hair on my jacket. "Dog" I say, thinking to myself that he's lucky I'm a fairly relaxed sort of character. I suppose I should run a sticky roller over my jacket before going out in public but if it's only Woollies, I can't see it happening soon.

I notice other people all the time then look down at my shirt etc and think man I really should get me a roller. lol

:laugh: last weekend on a rare trip into Big W. We were picking up some puppy treats & toys in anticipation of Wilbur's arrival (Friday). The checkout girl asked if we had a puppy and we said "no". she gave us a weird look and must have thought we were fruitcakes as we didn't offer any further explanation :laugh: then she made another comment about us having a puppy and i put her out of her misery and said the puppy hasn't arrived yet :D

:laugh: The worst was about a month or so ago, i had just walked Roxy down to the vet to get her nails done, which entails me having to wrestle her down a bit coz she hates getting her nails done and cries.

Silly me wore a white shirt, Roxy dusty and unwashed, covered me in doggy smell, dust and brown hairs. Afterwards i walked down to the Post Office which is always crowded, was getting a few looks and realised i really reeked of dog and then noticed all the hairs :o as soon as i got to the counter i had to apologise and explain i had just been to the vet with my dog. I will learn to leave the doggy things til last one day :laugh: !!

Recently I was asked if I was being paid to walk all those dogs, I had a very puzzled look on my face and just said 'No they are mine'. Walking off I realised that 3 dogs seems like a lot to someone who doesn't own any dogs. I don't feel like 3 is many to own at all thanks to DOL and the DOLers who have lots more :laugh:

ha ha funny stories! :)

I dont know if this counts but heres mine! I went to the shopping centre the other night, and I wore my dog club jumper that has my name on it.... went into Gloria Jeans and they automatically knew my name - then realised it was on my jumper! Then went into one of those Millers type shops to get some work shirts and signed up for their club card and again she just entered my first name from my jumper!

Good publicity or crazy dog lady???? :laugh:

When I went into Woollies not realising I still had four leads wrapped around me. :o

ETA: I get the "are you a dog walker" question a lot too. Usually I'm with another dog friend who has as many dogs as I do. ;)

Edited by poodlefan

Recently I was asked if I was being paid to walk all those dogs, I had a very puzzled look on my face and just said 'No they are mine'. Walking off I realised that 3 dogs seems like a lot to someone who doesn't own any dogs. I don't feel like 3 is many to own at all thanks to DOL and the DOLers who have lots more :laugh:

I get asked the same, 'are you a dog walker?' I quickly say no and the look of dissapointment on their faces. I usually have 4 dogs with me, more if I am babysitting any. It has got me thinking tho, maybe I should, I can always do 2 walks a day, one with mine and one with others............ might be profitable? Nope, too much like hard work!!!!

When any time I go out without the dogs, I get asked where they are :laugh: and comments from people I have never met saying they see me walking the dogs. I also get asked if I am a professional dog trainer from time to time when out training my dogs (probably because they see me with different dogs lol).

When I went into Woollies not realising I still had four leads wrapped around me. :o

ETA: I get the "are you a dog walker" question a lot too. Usually I'm with another dog friend who has as many dogs as I do. ;)

:rofl: :rofl:

I have the treat pouch still around my waist.

I'm always finding dry dog treats in my jackets pocket. Sometimes I'm sitting outside at the park and I will have dogs coming over sniffing my jacket pockets and I get weird looks when I take out a treat and ask the owner if I can give it to their dogs... :o

I was in the Athletes Foot on the weekend being fitted for shoes when in the middle of conversation, the lady helping me said "Jack Russell" :confused: I said "Pardon?" and she asked me if I had a Jack Russell because apparently I had white hairs on my socks :laugh::o They were actually tan GSD hairs but still, that was my crazy dog lady moment!

When the Customs Beagle indicated on the liver treats in my handbag. :D

That happened to me as well except the treats were in my pocket. Fortunately the handler was must understanding when I explained I was an obedience instructor.

The beagle kept coming back to me for treats. :)

Brand new car, dogs not even in it, after 4 days seats covered in hair. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

lol - when my hubby bought his new car he made sure it had leather seats - the dogs are never in his car - I have only driven it ONCE and been in it less than 6 times and there is still some dog hair in it. Can't avoid it - he won't even give me a key to his car :o

I got his old car and have placed sheets on the seats but as you know hair still gets in to everything.

I was going to sell my wagon but we have kept it for the dogs :laugh: .

As for dog hair on clothing :eek: :eek: .... :laugh:

Edited by Andisa