Unable To Keep Dog Thats Under A Contract

pinkpuppy

Wow what an interesting thread. If I had sold you a dog I would be very disappointed in myself and I would be equally disappointed that you choose to air this publically and not come straight to me first. As a breeder I would give you a full refund JUST to get rid of you and to get the dog back - contract or no contract.

I'm wondering if this is the point of the whole Thread. :(

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow what an interesting thread. If I had sold you a dog I would be very disappointed in myself and I would be equally disappointed that you choose to air this publically and not come straight to me first. As a breeder I would give you a full refund JUST to get rid of you and to get the dog back - contract or no contract.

I'm wondering if this is the point of the whole Thread. :(

+1 :laugh:

I don't think they will be back on this thread anyway so but the idea is still silly to me if you sign a contract read it first if you don't like it don't sign ( if this was about the breeder not wanting to give the deposit back unless she signed that would be a different Matter altogether )

I think this person has lied about most of the details they have posted if not all, just to get a rise out of us. :mad

Yes i must admit ive been watching the thread and thinking the OP is nothing but a troll trying to stir the pot for ones own amusement too.

I honestly don't think the OP's that savvy. ;)

I don't think they will be back on this thread anyway so but the idea is still silly to me if you sign a contract read it first if you don't like it don't sign ( if this was about the breeder not wanting to give the deposit back unless she signed that would be a different Matter altogether )

Someone who is experienced in the show and breeding world should have known to ask about a contract BEFORE handing over a deposit.

hmmm....funny how breeders get all the rights.

I have complaints from my neighbors because of this dog barking alllll the time, she has destroyed my backyard aswell....how can I know this was going to happen???

I guess you could know this was going to happen because she lacks training and stimulation. You signed the contract and you have absolutely no evidence the breeder will actually breed her...she may not be suitable. I am guessing you have a contract with a good breeder who cares about her puppies and their future. I wish all breeders were the same.

I think this person has lied about most of the details they have posted if not all, just to get a rise out of us. :mad

I totally agree!

I don't know why everyone is replying ;)

sorry I only just saw this post and you are absolutely correct...will slap myself now and am cross with myself for rising to the bait but hey it feels good to have a rant :)

well we all cant live off hugs and kisses now can we?...and i said above in a different context. If I were a breeder, and it was my own puppy, money wouldn't be the issue, id refund, and guess what... I have!

I have found out before, after people have paid me money that they weren't suitable and I have sent their money back, happy to get rid of them... i wouldnt be fighting over it because there are way to many good homes out there!

so really if money wasn't important to this breeder...then she would pay for the dog, as I have done and then either keep her or sell her

So are you saying that you are a breeder? Are you registered with your state canine council? If the answer to these are yes on both counts then surely you must realise the postion the breeder of your dog is in and why they have such a clause in their agreement

I have such a clause in our contracts but I put it there to help protect any pups I breed from ending up in the hands of people similar to the OP

Edited by yarracully

Why don't you invest some time in training your dog? I mean seriously do you think they pop out fully trained? :p This problem is fully solvable. Though a contact is a contact you will need to seek legal advice to understand where you stand in the contact. You can normally find a lawyer who will look at your case for free for the first 45 minutes.

Edited by Moochacha