Your Dogs Weird Quirks

W Sibs

Charlie has a thing about plastic bags. He sees one on the floor, he insist he has to go sit or lay on it, and will sit/lay on the bag for hours.

The other week, I left a shopping bag from Myers on the bedroom floor, Charlie saw it and quickly rushed over and laid on it and went to sleep. Out of curiosity, I wanted to see how long he will use that as bed. It last a week, but I think it would last longer if Mr CW didn't clean the room and threw out the bag.

This started off as a puppy, when we leave grocery shopping bags on the floor, Charlie was known to pull out the shopping from a bag, so he can sit/lay on it (we rarely leave shopping on the floor now because of him). We have no idea why he does that, but he does it.

He has a great love for the green environmental shopping bags too. He uses it as a sleeping bag sometimes...

So, anyone else dog/s have this issue?

Share your dogs weird quirks!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hugo pokes everything he shouldn't with his nose. He's just like his cousin Erik in this regard, I hear. :laugh: Door is open, he pokes it shut. Bin is full of lightweight rubbish, he'll jab it just enough to knock it over. Don't want to pat him, he'll stand there nosebutting your hand.

Lucy eats sotcking socks (if she ever gets a hold of them). My newphew left some Songe Bob Square Pants lego at my palce and she loooooves/haaaates it and attacks it whenever she can. She actually cries at the door of the spare room to be let in to get it.

Barking at dogs in the tv running in to walls when he is not looking where he is going and doesn't like dogs unless he is able to sniff their bottoms then he will jump all over them. Oh and stealing washing out of the basket wait for me to see him then runs of with it hopping I will chase him. I think that it is it for now.

Askari hates it when I spend too long on the computer playing computer games. She will come up and nose boof my hand and if I ignore her she will start barking until I tell her " just a little longer". That gets me five minutes to shut it down and prepare for bed or it all starts again.

She also does similar if she wants me for something. If I get up and ask does she want "out for empty puppy", "cat room", "dinner" she will wag her little bottom really fast when I hit the right one. If its not one of those then I say " what - show me" and she will poddle off with me trundling along behind whilst she tittle tats on whoever has dones something they shouldnt'. A bit reminiscent of skippy really.

Flipping open the laundry basket lid to pinch socks... Only socks... Mine have both learnt from a young age how the basket works, and to get what they want out of it..

I think this started from my OH giving Monte his work socks to play with when he gets home (why on earth he would want to play with stinky socks I don't know but he loves it), he continued the trend when we got Ivy, so any kind of sock is a hot item in our house. They prefer to have one each, but playing tug with them is just as much fun!

Monte will also sit and bat at you with a paw if you're not patting him enough.

Ivy grabs a toy when you walk in the door, doesn't matter which toy, but she has to greet you with a toy in her mouth. This applies to any visitor in the house.

Edited by melinda10786

Askari hates it when I spend too long on the computer playing computer games. She will come up and nose boof my hand and if I ignore her she will start barking until I tell her " just a little longer". That gets me five minutes to shut it down and prepare for bed or it all starts again.

She also does similar if she wants me for something. If I get up and ask does she want "out for empty puppy", "cat room", "dinner" she will wag her little bottom really fast when I hit the right one. If its not one of those then I say " what - show me" and she will poddle off with me trundling along behind whilst she tittle tats on whoever has dones something they shouldnt'. A bit reminiscent of skippy really.

:rofl:

Love the poddle and trundling description! She sounds like a cute little dobber....

My pup Reggie is a bona fide hoarder! He will collect anything that takes his fancy. Missing clothes? Check Reggie's crate. Shoes? Check Reggie's crate. Coathangers? cutlery? the honey jar? Yep! Check Reggie's crate! And his absolute favourite? Stuffed Toys! He has a pile already but if he sights another one... it has to be his too! :rofl:

He definately is a kleptomaniac...... sigh.

James harrasses other people to make me do things :laugh: If someone else is in the room and he wants dinner and I'm ignoring him, he will prod the other person until they pass the message onto me that he wants food.

Similarly, if he wants to go outside and I'm not paying attention he'll go and take a turn about the room in a sort of, "I'm not sure if you've noticed but I've been standing by the door for a while now" manner with a pointed look at me when he passes. Rinse and repeat until I get up.

Mica will not let me have a shower with the door shut. Our door won't latch properly and if you try and close the door, she will come ip the hallway and barge it open.

She won't come in mind you. It just has to be open. If you go and close it again, she will open it. Once I tested how long she would persist. I shut the door 6 times during one shower. As soon as she heard the door shut, up she would come and barge it back open. Eventually she sat outside the door guarding it!

I have to put he outside if we have guests staying and they want a shower lol!

All of mine have to chaperone you to the bathroom... must be something scary in there... *grin*

Rather disconcerting to have dogs watching you go potty if you don't own said dogs... lol!

Pickles HAS to meander in front of you whenever you are running to get the ringing phone... grrr!

T.

Maggie stores things in my washing basket. I always give her something when I leave for work in the morning (eg greenie, dentabone, pig's ear) and sometimes when I get home, she'll RUSH into my room and dig it out. As if NOOOOOOOO I HAVEN'T FINISHED YET YOU CAN'T TAKE IT YET. I've also found things in there that she's fished out of the bin. Last week it was an old piece of toast. :D

She's also a notorious sock stealer; my housemates have to keep their doors closed at all times because she'll fish them out from wherever they are.

Hugo pokes everything he shouldn't with his nose. He's just like his cousin Erik in this regard, I hear. :laugh: Door is open, he pokes it shut. Bin is full of lightweight rubbish, he'll jab it just enough to knock it over. Don't want to pat him, he'll stand there nosebutting your hand.

Erik spied a large, empty plastic container balanced somewhat precariously on another plastic container this afternoon and gave it a poke, then was forced to flee inside as it crashed down. Nice one, Erik. :laugh: He just couldn't resist, could he?

ETA Erik seems to think a comfortable way to travel in the car is to flop over the edge of the backseat hammock so that the legs on one side are dangling free, then he rests his chin on the top edge of the hammock and assumes this odd, partially suspended U-shaped position that looks anything but comfortable.

Whenever Kivi gets excited to see someone he has to pick something up and walk around in circles with it in his mouth and his ears pinned flat so he looks earless. He prefers to carry socks, but in the absence of socks, I have found him with receipts, bottle lids, tiny pieces of cardboard, shoes, large empty cereal boxes, hats, gloves, newsletters and so on.

Edited by corvus

They both like to chew up tissues, rip em to shreds all over the floor if they get one.

Lola is a bit OCD and chases reflections or shadows. She chases anything that moves really, She chases fish in the inlet which I think are imaginary half the time but when she is hunting them she bounds. Like bounces along through the shallows. On-lookers laugh out loud and point at her.

Chester does loud or squeaky farts but they don't smell. Lola does silent but violent ones!

And they both come running when I head to the toilet too. They want to sit with me, maybe to make sure I don't fall in? :laugh: