What Is The Worst Thing Your Dog Has Eaten?

dubbleyoo

So I was just sitting here giggling at how people chose their DOL names and my 2 yr old walks in and says

"shoes".

Sad face, hands out. "Chilli"

"Has Chilli got your shoes?"

Holding back tears. "Mm yeah"

They are new. "CHILLI" :laugh:

A few days ago she ate a puzzle piece. She likes pens too. My last dining table was like a big teething ring. I use blankets instead of beds because they leave fluff everywhere.

My biggest worry was a foster we had, Sammy, a shih tzu. He chewed through an extension lead and a fridge cord. at the time he did it the cord was plugged in to 2 outdoor flood lights. :eek: We were/ he was lucky he wasn't hurt.

I am sure you guys have some stories to tell... :D

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monte chewed through a brand new lamp cord.. He also chewed my OH's brand new phone he left out.

Ivy chews on the corner of the walls, the shower tiles, the shower screen...

Too many other normal household objects to name whilst Monte and Ivy were puppies, but those are the worst ones from our household..

Edited by melinda10786

Not Orbit (cause he would have been standing back saying 'guys, I really don't think you should be doing that!) but my boss's (Vet) dogs dug up something from his backyard that had been in a body bag with some swabs and things. No idea what it was or how long it had been buried there, but it was at least 2 years as it would have been buried by the previous owner at some point. But anyways, they ate it and needless to say spewed it back up. I'm not sure I've smelt anything so bad in my life...

I was cleaning out my budgie cages and nest boxes when the phone rang.On my return dog was eating container full of bird droppings;i felt sick myself .Was always very carefull where i put the container after that.Yuk.

James is more of a chewer than an eater. He crunches possessions up and then spits little pieces out with an expression of distaste.

The worst thing he's actually swallowed would be parts of my iPhone headphones. I later found vomit with small pieces of chewed up wires.

This thread needs photos!

Worst thing - chair legs all 4 contributed to this, when the last one grew out of chewing we replaced the whole table and chairs. :laugh: and an electric blanket cable.

Stinkiest/grossest thing - Human poo and cat poo.

Hmm let's see...

This was all eaten in only about two weeks:

My laptop charger

Replacement laptop charger

TV cables about 3 times (they were wired under the house and tacked up to the floor, but he still managed to pull them down and eat them)

My hair straightener - managed to eat it while it was still in my overnight bag, and was still perfectly tucked away when I found it!

Part of a bamboo lounge in our sun room

OH's thongs

My shoes from my best friends wedding - after the wedding, luckily!!

I think that's about it, but yes, there was about a two week period where he was desperate to get to anything that had our scent on it. :laugh:

Edit: Forgot about one lot of bedding. Oh and too many food items to mention :laugh:

Edited by Minxy (Kyojin)

Spartan:

Bag of minties ... with wrappers

full bag of fruit and nut mix plus half a kilo tub of honey (he vomited that back up and turned me of those honey fruit and nut bars for life)

Chicken (allergic)

bags, freezer bags, paper and plastic containers, anything that may have once had food in it.

James

he dug up and chewed the retic pipes

Ari

too many sprinklers to count

playstation controller (I found the coloured bits days later cleaning up her poo!) and part of the playstation

a cord from the Wii

the power box and cords from the xbox

the cord from the dryer

The back of a photo frame (i maintain she was jealous because it was a photo of my old weim girls)

There is plenty of other stuff i choose to forget about...