52 Week Photo Challenge 2012

~*Shell*~

Oh my gosh, tell me about it! I knew it would be hard but I seriously must have taken 100 photos of myself yesterday and they were all completely rubbish. I tried serious faces, silly faces, thoughtful faces and I can now safely say I look nothing like I think I do when I pull a face and am most definitely not destined for acting!! :laugh:

I actually blogged about it when I started and said that I get a shock at how I look :laugh: It's weird!

Very cute, Larissa :)

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awwww Katie hope his first day at school is heaps of fun, and that you cope ok :D

Fantastic photos everyone :thumbsup: I really don't envy those of you brave enough to do selfies - it was hard enough capturing this little guy yesterday when I was on thr right side of the camera :laugh:

3/52 - I was searching the garden yesterday trying to get a last minute pic for the week, when I spotted a bunch of recently hatched praying mantis in a plant pot, however trying to get a decent pic of something a few mm's long, moving in the breeze in the WA sun was a very sweaty job indeed :laugh:

6740765027_a46ebc80a9_b.jpg

Juvenile Praying Mantis by HairlessHounds, on Flickr

Crazy Cresties - amazing picture! I think a micro must be next on my list... after a new camera :)

Katie - absolutely beautiful photo. I'm sure your children will thank you when they are older. They will have so many beautiful photos of themselves, and you, to look back on.

MnDM - how cute are coati babies! I've absolutely no idea though what a coati is so I'm off to google it.

I felt bad that Zephyr, one of my greyhounds, missed out on having his picture taken this morning so we headed out into the hay field next door for some time with the camera. Hope it's OK to post another pic for Week 4 :o

6741016203_97fd460281_z.jpg

Edited by gapvic

Enjoying all the shots....been really busy doing pics for other people & editing etc.... havent taken many shots for me this week....havent been able to take shots the last part of the week because all batteries are flat & chargers at another house (dont ask LOL) Hoping there is something I can put up for week 3 as my theme is around the house...all my shots this week have been everywhere else but the house :laugh: it would be cheating to put one of those up.

Ok, I'm going to try and do some catch-up comments. I apologise if I miss anyone!

AnnieK - Cody is beautiful, such lovely eyes. I love Ben catching a wave, he looks like he's having fun!

Mr Red Dog - Cute little figurines! I like your use of shaddows

Gapvic - fantastic shot of you and your horse. I don't actually mind that you've cut her ears off, it gives the impression that she's just a bit too big to fit in the shot. She looks very strong. I also love your family portrait, I agree that the first one is cuter.

ButterNut - Nice cemetery shot. The sky looks rather foreboding.

fattima - awesome wall! I like how you've captured it's continuity

Gila - I love that photo. Looks like it could be a Ray Ban commercial. :D

Misteri - Peaceful puppy! Can almost feel the breath on the lens

Dogfan - love your little dragon, so cute!

Dwynwen - Great perspective on the train. Very clever.

Snook - Nice photobombing by Justice there. I love the look of surprise on your face, great capture :)

MnDM - How cute are those babies!

Huga - Adorable photo, you boys are going to have such great memories. Hope the first day of school isn't traumatic :)

CrazyCresties - Wow! Amazing photo, the green is just so vivid

Kym and Adrian - How adorable is Easy!

Guess this one I was working on early this week will have to do for week three, not too keen on it personally (was for a blog message about reframing your view of life) hopefully the battery chargers are back for this week pic.

post-25842-0-89241300-1327276538_thumb.jpg

Edited by redangel

Butternut - fascinating cemetery, don't think I've seen another cemetery where all the gravestones are so uniform. Where is it?

Butternut - I'm a sucker for a cemetery shot .. where was it taken? Are they soldiers graves? Unusual to see so many matching headstones, although I saw lots in europe last year in war cemeteries.

The graves were behind St Michael the Archangels Chapel at Rookwood, they were for the Reverends. :)

Another shot of those graves :o

gravesreverseedit.jpg

Ooh, I'm going to join the bandwagon! I know that I'm a bit late but I've been on holiday so I've been missing in action haha. I'm going to set up a Flickr set for this later this arvo and get posting to catch up! My theme is going to be 52 weeks of dogs, not very creative I know but should be some fun :)

I love your use of depth of field and the background to set a scene dwynen. Is that a painting behind the vehicle?

Thanks, it's pretty close to what I was after - the background is an a4 print of a snapshot from my holiday last year (Devon, UK).

6752793167_4d04ce92c8_m.jpg

(This is not a weekly photo, nothing to see here..)

I'm really enjoying this project. It's making me try stuff I wouldn't otherwise.

Okay so since I've missed three weeks, I guess I'll just do a quick catchup now!

6753574453_e9f8ae8577.jpg

1/52 by nooziemac, on Flickr

This is Jack, he belongs to my friend and he was such a lovely dog!

6753576343_2412700cea.jpg

2/52 by nooziemac, on Flickr

It's Jack again! He was tired here so he was being a wonderful model haha.

6753578329_cbbbebfb4f.jpg

3/52 by nooziemac, on Flickr

Just Jack's nose!

I certainly got a lot of photos of Jack, next week I'll photograph someone else hehe.

My week 4 shot:

6758869025_055d48f8b9.jpg

04/52 - Up, up and away by KumaAkita, on Flickr

I spend a fair bit of time on planes - travelling for work. Nothing exciting, just trips to Sydney and Melbourne... sometimes Brisbane. I'm living the highlife. :laugh: Travel, especially work related travel, is not glamorous at all. Anyhoo, I snapped this shot from my window on the flight home from Melbourne last night using my iPhone. Nice clear shot, with a bit of help in Aperture to make it pop.

Edited by KumaAkita

KumaAkita: Love it! What are they? And LOVE the plane shot! I wish I was in a plane all of the time :D

dwynwen: Awesome photo! :)

Snook: :laugh: Justice is a silly boy :D Love it

Gapvic: Aww, love those photos :D

Monet: So cute! :love:

Huga: Aww love it!

CC: Awesome close up!

Kym and Adrian: :love: Gorgeous puppy!

Redangel: Love it! Very creative! :)

LMSW: Cool photo!

Millie-Moo: Great pics :D

MTD: :eek: :eek: :scared: HOW did you take that photo!? :scared: Great pic!

Commenting now so I don't have to comment on a heap of photos when I post my weekly photo :)

Edited by dogfan