2012 Brags Thread

That's fantastic TO - see you Saturday I imagine!

ness - congratulations - the old girl's got a bit more to give I reckon :thumbsup:

Thanks Tassie - slacked off after the nationals so didn't expect a lot. I'm going to miss training and trialling soooo much!

Edited by The Spotted Devil

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this is my first ever brag on here! :wave:

Kenzie and I had our first weekend of obedience and rally-o trialling. This is my little reactive girl who I have been working super hard with to just try and get her to be in a trialling environment and stay calm. And I have to say that was one of our biggest achievements of the whole weekend, she coped really well in the environment and only reacted maybe 3 or 4 times over the 2 days and was in really close proximity to strange dogs and dogs doing super fun things. So for me that is my first big brag - we can actually go to trials and not have a meltdown!!!

Obedience we found out she can do a brilliant stand for exam (we were entered in CCD, although on the 2nd day everyone was saying the stand for exam was much more than what it should be for CCD and she got 19 for it - yay!!), however, heeling in a ring is not her strong point (or any point at all for that matter!!!). Down stays great, sit stay we have some work to do. So I was really pleased that although there was no way we would pass that, particularly, she would do a stand for exam and not have a problem with a complete stranger touching her! :thumbsup:

Rally-o I was hoping she might be ok, but Saturday showed that the environment was just a bit too much for her and she really struggled to focus on me in the ring. Sunday first trial she was similar to Saturday, we were scoring ok, but not passes (I was just happy she was scoring and we weren't being DQ'd!!). But her second trial somehow we managed to pull a pass and not just that it was a pretty decent pass at that!!! She scored 7th in her ring, and we were up there with some pretty experienced dogs and handlers!!! :whee::cheer::party:

Cannot tell you all how proud I was of my little girl (well proud enough that when I found out the score all I could do was burst in to tears!!!)!! :heart::happydance2::heart:

Hi Guys

Just had to put in my brag from the weekend. We had our State Agility Championship over the weekend it was cold. It started out quite bad getting ready for the first run tripped over the rope that is the gate going in and fell flat on my face. So one very sore and stiff person. I was tough and still ran my `16 runs for the day. Both of my girls qualified in both open and master agility and open and master agility. What good girls they were. So after running the finals the results are:

Gabby is the 2012 Open and Master Agility State Champion and 2012 Runner up Open Jumping Champion

Inka is the 2012 Runner up Open Agility Champion

Proud of both of my girls :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Pretty Miss Emma, You should be so proud of your girl. She came into a house she didn't know with dogs that she didn't know and just took it all in her stride over the weekend.

To see how excited you were Sunday afternoon when you got your pass was just fantastic! We knew that you and Kenzie could do it!

Congrats again :)

Congrats Xena98 on your weekend, that is fantastic results.

My brags for the weekend is that I gained my Rally Novice title with my boy Bosco (On a score of 98 :D ), Rally Novice title with my Mum's dog Shelby, Rally Novice title with a friends dog Kira and so Dad's dog didn't miss out I handled her to her first two passes in Rally Novice, Dad gained her third pass and title and I handled her to another pass.

I was especially excited with Kira as it's a dog that I last handled Anzac day and a dog that I have only seen a couple of times since then.

Congrats to everyone else that did well over the weekend!

Great results guys. Did anyone catch the faceplant on vid xena98 ? You did well to get yourself going so well after that.

lol not what I know off I did go around asking but everyone said no so hopefully I dont get to see it on funniest home video. At least I saved my face lol

Good ol pain killers does well and so does the cold spray that the footballers use but I am very very sore now though

cheers

Danni

Woooo go Xena98 your girls are amazing :) I loved seeing them run at nationals..

I'm so slow on my brags just had alot on.. Dens last trial was. Nationals and he's now at my parents enjoying being free and they have missed him so much and are so thankful as he keeps their 11mth old puppy in line lol!!

Anyway Den pulled 10th in the 500 GDX I was thrilled as that's 10th nationally and it was a big class :) he also had a 3rd in 400 SPD with jason the cocker sadly we were 2 sec over time so NQ but we had so much fun!!

Miss Ella where to start, well she changed totally from her first trial, this dog has no fear of mistakes or ignoring me now lol and is faster then jock so those who knew jock know that's fast at 10.5-11 he was still winning classes or placing high in them, I reckon with maturity and more work shes gonna knock him off the scales, anyway Ella gave me everything for a young girl, I was so proud of her and she got her first Q!! 4th in novice 300 snooker for a dog that I didn't think would pull the course off we did, she's come a long way! She nailed 3/4 sets of her weave poles had her first pairs run which was awesome as well I didn't think she'd do it but she did lol no Q as we were over time but still yay Ella!!

Next trial is the 7th August evening comp for us so I'm very excited to run her again!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Finally a massive brag!

Jovi got two novice jumping passes today! Very proud of my little girl, it's only her second trial and while I thought a pass would have been nice I did not expect two in one afternoon!!

Big brag today - the Cocomonster handled the 5 and a half hour drive down to Grafton and the 0 degrees temperature to pass her track 4 yesterday. Last trial for us this year as I don't feel ready to go up to the next level yet :). So very proud of my little girl

TO makes me think I need to blow the dust off the young kids and give them another go at agility.

You should :) It was a bit sad that there aren't more Tollers in agility seeing as they are so well suited.

Thanks everyone, she is a special little girl and will be interesting how she goes at her next comp (about a month away) as she did the same with flyball, started of slow and unsure and then her third comp she stunned everyone myself included by knocking nearly 2 seconds of her time :D

We are having heaps of fun though which is I wanted more than any pass (plenty of time for those!)

TO makes me think I need to blow the dust off the young kids and give them another go at agility.

You should :) It was a bit sad that there aren't more Tollers in agility seeing as they are so well suited.

Thanks everyone, she is a special little girl and will be interesting how she goes at her next comp (about a month away) as she did the same with flyball, started of slow and unsure and then her third comp she stunned everyone myself included by knocking nearly 2 seconds of her time :D

We are having heaps of fun though which is I wanted more than any pass (plenty of time for those!)

You & your little girl are on a roll....congratulations...keep up the fun :thumbsup:

We had our games trial today and considering that I was sick Gabby won master gamblers and master snooker and a third in master strategic pairs with her brother. The twins went a bit crazy in there first run and was like mmmmm 10 sec over time :rofl: Inka got a second and a third in strategic pairs masters failed snooker by taking out the spread and gambler masters had her dropping at the contacts so we could actually do them but we mucked around there so we didnt get enough points but at least we are doing those contacts again

cheers

Danni

I get a brag :)

Jazz had her first agility trial today and came away with a JD qualification from her first run. Would have been 2 but for stupid handler this afternoon causing a refusal. She also had a run in AD and for whatever reason popped a weaving pole and then I asked her what that was so she missed the next couple due to looking at me. I have proofed lots of things with weaving but apparently not me talking to her, lol. No idea why she missed the 1 she did, she made the entry well. I half expected before I entered she might have a problem due to the metal bases so I suspect that was the cause but they didn't appear to be bothering her and she has done them a few times at club.

ETA: It is a nice change having a clean jumper. I dont think I have ever come home from a trial with my 3 previous dogs and been able to say every bar was up! LOL.

Edited by piper

I get a brag :)

Jazz had her first agility trial today and came away with a JD qualification from her first run. Would have been 2 but for stupid handler this afternoon causing a refusal. She also had a run in AD and for whatever reason popped a weaving pole and then I asked her what that was so she missed the next couple due to looking at me. I have proofed lots of things with weaving but apparently not me talking to her, lol. No idea why she missed the 1 she did, she made the entry well. I half expected before I entered she might have a problem due to the metal bases so I suspect that was the cause but they didn't appear to be bothering her and she has done them a few times at club.

ETA: It is a nice change having a clean jumper. I dont think I have ever come home from a trial with my 3 previous dogs and been able to say every bar was up! LOL.

Congrats!!

A clean jumping Border? Surely you jest :p