2012 Brags Thread

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cricket had his first trial on the weekend, he had three runs, Agility, Jumping & Gamblers. Agility he was DQ'd & jumping he got third place after getting two faults, however he did the 36 sec SCT in 19.6 seconds :thumbsup: In the Gambles he got 36 points in the opening sequence (he only needed 20), but he was mid-air over the last jump in the Gamble when the buzzer went :cry: I am so pleased with the way he ran...just glad that I didn't run him in Gamblers or I would have been well & truely b...g...rd :laugh:

Here is a video of his Gamblers run

Congratulations Tassie and Ptolomy and bad luck Bedazzledx2. Very frustrating this udx.

I wont be doing it for another couple of weeks. We had a trial yesterday and the winds were very strong and I think the brain cells were swept away at the trial and I am still looking for them so hopefully it will be there for the next trial

TASSIE I am very happy for you & RORY. I think that you showed great patience & good sportsmanship with RORY

This has now paid off. WELL DONE!!

My own most recent brag, is ROXY, got 2 additional UD Passes &as well as a Highest Score In Trial, in the afternoon at Melton this weekend It was VERY windy & very gusty. It made the scent discrimination more difficult & the dogs had to work hard with the scent being blown around.

I want to start teaching ROXY UDX , AFTER ROXY gets her O.CH., whenever that happens.

As a future trainer of a hopefully, eventual UDX dog;

I would be interested in hearing more about ANY UDX Rule changes. Based on listening to comments/suggestions, from numerous people, over the past year,, I now hope a couple of the UDX exercises are modified/changed or eliminated I would venture a guess that the latter is probably not going to happen?

Please give details if you have them

Thanks!!

As a future trainer of a hopefully, eventual UDX dog;

I would be interested in hearing more about ANY UDX Rule changes. Based on listening to comments/suggestions, from numerous people, over the past year,, I now hope a couple of the UDX exercises are modified/changed or eliminated I would venture a guess that the latter is probably not going to happen?

Please give details if you have them

Thanks!!

Well done Canine Coach with Roxy and her HIT - she can't have too many left now for her OC.

Bedazzled and I hung off teaching our boys UDX thinking that there would be many UDX rules changes and we were very disappointed to find only minor tweaking the last time around. Hence they were 8 years old when we started teaching them and had been in UD for many many many years so found it difficult to begin with. There is a UDX thread which may be a better place to chat about possible improvements to the class.

Really pleased with my girl, Bindi, at the ADAA Grand Prix today. Out of 5 runs, she scored 3 "Q"s, the last one being in Jumplers which she did in 22 seconds minus 10 bonus points for me staying within the exclusion zone, so 12 seconds in all. Not bad for a motion reactive dog which 12 months ago I had trouble keeping her in the ring :thumbsup: We lost the other 2 runs purely because of bad handling on my part. :(

Had a brilliant day one at the Perth Royal. Brookie worked beautifully in UDX for a win but sadly a non qualie...frigging MR! He won UD on a good score of 192, but the best bit was a win and title in Masters Snooker with a timely "Heel" allowing us to get down the ring past the tempting jumps....go the obedience dog!!! :rofl:

Had a brilliant day one at the Perth Royal. Brookie worked beautifully in UDX for a win but sadly a non qualie...frigging MR! He won UD on a good score of 192, but the best bit was a win and title in Masters Snooker with a timely "Heel" allowing us to get down the ring past the tempting jumps....go the obedience dog!!! :rofl:

The snooker run was the highlight for me today - I think I introduced the obedience heel into agility a couple of years ago and glad to see you are carrying on the tradition. The UDX and UD wins were the icing on the cake - a fantastic day thumbsup1.gif

Wow Sheena something to be mighty proud of you have both come a long way in 12 months - good luck tomorrow

At the Melbourne Royal Trial today there were VERY strong gusty windy conditions, which made the UD seek back & scent discrimination exercises VERY hard

The noise from kids screaming, roller coaster, clapping form Conformation rings, men standing right on the edge of with small kids on their shoulders eating ice cream & hot dogs OMG It was the most extremely noisy & highly distracting environment I have ever trialled in .

MY BRAGS

DUAl CH. (O.CH.) GiDay Violet Crumble RE ADX JDX ET

"VIOLET" won 1st place UD

CH. Cosalta G'Day Roxy UD RE AD JDX ET

"ROXY" won 2nd place UD

VIOLET won 1st Place In Open Bitches with 196 Points

ROXY won 2nd Place Open Bitches with 193 points

VIOLET won the run off for BEST IN TRIAL /WINNER OF WINNERS

ROXY only needs 1 more Qualifying Pass over 185 for her Obedience Champion title

Roxy is just 3 years old & attained her NOVICE title just 1 year ago when she won Novice at the 2011 Melbourne Royal

AFTER she gets the final O.CH. Pass from UD I will train for UDX

I LOVE the PROCESS of training!

Lovely to read about great work from wonderful dogs .. and happy working dogs who enjoy the team work with their handlers.!

LOL about the use of the heel command in agility....hey whatever works I say :-). I've used Kirra's emergency threadle/wrap cue to help get us through the off set figure 8 in Rally ;-)

1 to go for the lovely Roxy .. Won't be long now.

Brag from me - both kids were entered in their first Rally-O trials today and I managed to get them both through with reasonable passes :thumbsup:.

A little surprised that Ness who turned 12 a week ago scored better then Kenz but considering Kenz has had a pretty rough year so far I am just happy we managed to make it into the ring and hold it together :D.

Kenz also had the misfortune of being first out of my two and I think I had my head around what I needed to do by the time I took Ness in :laugh:.

Bring on next weekend :thumbsup:.

Edited by ness