An Amazing Breeder.

spyda62

My friend and neighbour has been in hospital for the past 6 weeks. She probably wont see this weekend out.

I managed to find a foster carer for her beautiful 13 year old Dalmation with one of my close friends. She is very much loved and well cared for by this family. (They also have a 10 year old Dobermann and 7 year old Manchester Terrier).

To my suprise, the breeder of this dog has managed to track me down and contacted me. He has offered to take this dog back. When I explained where the dog is and how well she is being cared for, he has said that he is happy for her to stay there. He has only 2 conditions....1. That he wants to be financially resposible for any vet bills that will occur and that...2. when the dog dies that he will be allowed to get her cremated (at his cost). He also offered to pay her food costs, but I have that covered.

I am so impressed that after nearly 13 years that this breeder still cares so much about one of his puppies. Wish more people had this kind of dedication to their animals.

What a lovely, decent person that breeder must be.

Way back when tragedy struck the life of one of the tibbie breeders, a Victorian breeder of one of her dogs put up her hand to take back a 12 yr old fellow. She had last seen him when he left her at a few months of age.

And she didn't regard it as an imposition. He was welcomed 'home' with love and care.

Thanks for posting a positive story about a registered breeder.

Edited by mita

That is pretty special - he sounds like a lovely caring man. I wonder if this girl was homed as a puppy or was older when she left the breeder - not that it matters what he has offered is pretty amazing given the age of the dog but he is obviously cares for her.

That is pretty special - he sounds like a lovely caring man. I wonder if this girl was homed as a puppy or was older when she left the breeder - not that it matters what he has offered is pretty amazing given the age of the dog but he is obviously cares for her.

The dog was about 10 months old when they got her. The breeder was going to keep and show her but her colour was not good enough.

That's lovely. :)

I also has cause to contact a Pug breeder last year after a couple contacted me regarding an 11 year old who needed to find a new home. The breeder had stopped breeding many years before, and in fact this pug if I recall was from her last litter, but she welcomed her back with open arms.

THIS is the sort of breeder who should be nominated for an MDBA Award. Not sure of the category and it is probably too late for this year but can I recommend the nomination? As someone who has been nominated (and was very honoured to win one year) there is nothing like having your nomination read to you over the phone and to recognise that your hard work, blood, sweat and tears is appreciated. :thumbsup:

THIS is the sort of breeder who should be nominated for an MDBA Award. Not sure of the category and it is probably too late for this year but can I recommend the nomination? As someone who has been nominated (and was very honoured to win one year) there is nothing like having your nomination read to you over the phone and to recognise that your hard work, blood, sweat and tears is appreciated. :thumbsup:

I agree totally. This needs recognition. :thumbsup: