Dog No Go Zones

Cavstar

Just wondering if anyone has any rooms/areas that are out of bounds to their furkids?

When we first got Lucy the OH said no dogs on the couch... which lasted a minute :laugh: Then no puppy in the kids rooms - yeah right! :laugh: Then no puppy upstairs.. which lasted a good month :laugh: The one that he was most adament on is his man cave (theatre).. well guess who I caught snuggling up to him there ON THE COUCH watching a movie on the weekend? :rofl::rofl:

The only one he won't cave on is letting her on our bed.... which I do when he has gone to work & I'm getting ready for work :laugh:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't go in the formal lounge room, can't go into any of the studys or any bedrooms (except mine- she sleeps on my bed :o). Can't get up on the couch unless invited.

The dog learnt remarkably quickly considering there are no doors at all downstairs. There is an "imaginary line" for the lounge room and she is very good at not crossing it.

sounds very strict, but in reality she is very spoilt and there is generally no need or want for her to go into any of the "forbidden" areas.

Edited by aussielover

The only permanent no-go zone is the bathrooms. He'll steal any underwear off the floor and go in the shower and gets wet paws.

A few of the carpeted rooms are kept with doors shut when not in use simply so he doesn't get up to any mischief, but he's allowed in under supervision.

Cavaliers on the bed only when invited. ;) Which is usually when I'm sleeping.

There are dog gates everywhere so that the no go zones are dependent on what's going on.

The BIG no go zone is my 19 year old daughters bedroom. It has a baby gate on to keep dogs out as it is just too dangerous, and at times too messy. Too many G strings have been chewed up to count!! :eek: Chocolate has been left within reach! :eek: And Clover decided, that despite having an excellent bite, she needed to chew on my daughters retainer! :eek::eek: I was lucky that time as she had both top and botton clear braces which look like they are made out of a plastic biscuit tray and it cracked! Fortunately we had a spare from the last set as daughter had cracked the other one herself. Phew!!

When the G. Shepherd was a puppy and lived indoors he stayed in the family room...because he was told to. No gates then. :D

Edited by LizT

Like Lizt we have baby (doggy) gates everywhere, definately no go Loo, Bathroom & Laundry, its great there, one gate cuts off those 3 rooms, other than that most gates open & run of the house :laugh:

I found them the best thing since sliced bread with multi amount of dogs :rofl: