LizT

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest donatella

Apologies anyone I offended today, I promise I'm a nice person really and dont mean harm :)

I do have a issue with the lady not wanting to sit next to the child on the plane - just plain discrimination and uncalled for. I'm sure there would have been a uproar if she'd have asked not to be seated next to a obese person or a male.

I do have a issue with the lady not wanting to sit next to the child on the plane - just plain discrimination and uncalled for. I'm sure there would have been a uproar if she'd have asked not to be seated next to a obese person or a male.

Considering men are not allowed to be seated next to children on their own I'd say there's already a bit of discrimination going on.

I was seated next to a lady on a plane once, that had a baby, I admit to having a :eek: this is gunna be a long journey moment,but the bub was very easily amused and we shared a few drinks and chatted all the way home,mind you it was only a 2 hr flight :laugh: I wouldn't have a prob with being next to them, but I wouldn;t last long if they were crying all the way or mucking up , I often end up playing with them if they are well behaved. Doesn't mean i wont groan when I see one coming to sit next to me , seems that being a female travelling alone instantly targets you for a child next to you , but i don't immediately ask to be moved , think that is being just a bit precious and don't assume all kids are feral, just some , ones that aren't associated with me cant be berated by me , so I stay away generally :laugh:

You should be able to expect that a normal, adult, male/obese/whoever, can act like a calm adult. Regardless, if the person smelt really bad or threw up in their lap or something, I'd consider it within my rights to quietly find a hostess/host and ask to be moved! Sheesh!

Babies and very young children are generally unpredictable in that regard, and are also not capable of reasoning. Discrimination my butt if someone doesn't want to sit next to a baby. :laugh:

You should be able to expect that a normal, adult, male/obese/whoever, can act like a calm adult. Regardless, if the person smelt really bad or threw up in their lap or something, I'd consider it within my rights to quietly find a hostess/host and ask to be moved! Sheesh!

Babies and very young children are generally unpredictable in that regard, and are also not capable of reasoning. Discrimination my butt if someone doesn't want to sit next to a baby. :laugh:

I don't blame anyone who doesn't want to sit next to a baby...I wouldn't want to unless it was a quiet one... embarrass.gif I'm irritable enough in a plane as it is (sitting still for 5 hours or more? Fun...not being able to sleep? Funner. BUT I control myself and am polite and try not to wriggle.) - let alone listening to a baby cry the majority of the time. And turning up the movie/music to drown out the blood-curdling screams doesn't work unless you're trying to go deaf.

Edited by Scootaloo

Animal Lovers That Dislike Children - WHY

good grief - WHY NOT? I do not see the connetion..lol

I love animals (especially my dogs) but I dislike children - so what?

Would be horrified if I had to sit next to, behind or in fron of a young bub/child on a long haul flight - oe dare I ssay it, an obese person who was hanging over half of my seat.

I am obviously a very bad person ...............

I don't see anywhere in my post where I mentioned the behavior of an obese person/male person? Not really sure where you pulled that from?

Would be horrified if I had to sit next to, behind or in fron of a young bub/child on a long haul flight - oe dare I ssay it, an obese person who was hanging over half of my seat.

I am obviously a very bad person ...............

For me add smelly people and those who scratch themselves a lot!

I don't see anywhere in my post where I mentioned the behavior of an obese person/male person? Not really sure where you pulled that from?

I read it as defining a big difference in the behaviour of the young child/baby, and the male/obese person you mentioned in your post. ie: babies are more likely to be loud and smelly.

I read it as defining a big difference in the behaviour of the young child/baby, and the male/obese person you mentioned in your post. ie: babies are more likely to be loud and smelly.

Ahk - good point! But then if you going on the smelly thing you need to add people who've consumed alcohol as you can smell it on them, smokers, people with body odour, tacky aftershave - the list goes on and on!