How Old Have Your Last Dogs Lived?

Blackdogs

What such gorgeous dogs that have passed over the bridge, what a wonderfull place it must be with all these pets there.

Patch (Alaskan Malamute) PTS at 7 for kidney failure about 12 years ago

album_4669_47.jpg

Patch was my first pedigree/show dog, he was the 2nd Alaskan Malamute to win a Best in Show in SA and the 3rd Alaskan Malamute to pass grade 5 obedience in Australia

Gemma (Basset Hound) PTS at 12 from old age last August

gemma10yrsold.jpg

Gemma was my heart dog and not a day goes by that I don't miss her, in the end she was blind and deaf and riddled with cancer :cry:

Leanne

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Faith - Rotti - 2 weeks shy of her 13th Birthday - Died of old age

Jessie - Aussie Bull Dog - 8 years - Bowel Cancer

Annie - Aussie Bull Dog - 11 months - Bowel Cancer

Annie, she was PTS about a month later.

Annie21.jpg

Jessie

Jessie1.jpg

Unfortunately I don't have a picture of Faith on the computer.

Lynn

Keiran; German Shepherd we lost at 10 years from suspected heart attack. He wanted out for a wee break. We went out to the back yard to let him in 15 minutes later and he was dead in his bed.

Casper: Labrador Retriever, 14 years. He'd been struggling with incontinence for the year prior to his death, but the straw that broke the camel's back for us was when he lost the use of his back legs; we made the big decision to give him his wing.s

last dog died here was a jrt... aged 18 still healthy and died of snake bite.. yes he killed the snake.

most of ours have lived past 14...

the odd one has died of no real sign found dead... in those cases i assume snake, or bad luck.

seems a lot of younger dogs on here pts... or dying young.

eddited to add... i have a chi who was at deaths door last year... just got home from a trip and it was a long weekend.... i thought it was time but i chickened out... he came right and has been fine since.... but his time is coming....

Edited by voloclydes

Last few oldies that passed

14.5yr large Purebred entire male pts arthritis unable to keep painfree

15.5yr toy Purebred entire female pts arthritis as above

14yr purebred desexed female medium purebred pts heart failure

Get ready for a long list and should anyone wonder, each dog had all the love, attention and vet care possible at the time. And no, just because I go through losing dogs on a fairly regular basis, losing them doesn't get any easier, I grieve long and hard for each of them. I miss them all as the individuals they were. All were rescue dogs so I've indicated how long I had them as well, some of their ages are approximate. I have lost 2 dogs in earlier times but haven't included.

Name Type of Dog Age/Illness how long I had them

Wonder-dog Foxie cross 7yrs/Brain tumour 2 yrs

Gloria GSD cross 12 yrs/Ovarian cancer 6mths

Pippa Terrier x 12 yrs/kidney failure 1 yr

Cindy Westie x 14 yrs/back legs went 2.5 years

Dixie Border T x 15 yrs/Cushings 7 yrs

Luigi Italian Gyhd 16 yrs/neurological 9 yrs

Herbie JRT x 12 yrs/Cushings 18mths

Rompe Italian Gynd 5 yrs/jaw crumbled* 2 days *his jaw crumbled when my vet tried to remove his teeth which were left rotting in

Bebe Tenterfield 11 yrs/crippled 2.5 yrs his head and he had many other issues, all of which could have been treated but it was

too late when I got him - my website has the story: www.iggyrescue.com.au - Iggy Rescue

was set up in his memory

Sally Cattle dog x 12 yrs/liver cancer 2.5yrs

Pepper Keeshond x 11 yrs/lung cancer 2 yrs

Roly Aust Terrier x 18 yrs/old age 18mths

Sienna Min Pin x 2 yrs/brain damage 6 mths

and 2 dogs I rescued due to a brain tumour and advanced peritoneal hernia

Taz Chi x 15 yrs/heart failure 10mths

I'm happy to provide any advice to someone who might be facing any of the above illnesses. Dixie outlived medical expectations with her Cushings, she survived 4 yrs on meds rather than the expected 3 yrs. She had a pituitary tumour.

I've currently got another Cushings dog whose been on meds for a couple of years, it's unfortunately common and sometimes hard to spot, diagnosis is also a challenge and expensive.

During the years above, I've had between 4 and 7 dogs, including foster dogs, living with me at certain points and as I take the older and sometimes sicker dogs, I'm going to lose them no matter how hard I might try.

This thread reads like an Honour Roll.

I feel like it is an honour roll, all the dogs on my list have been truly beautiful beings some of whom suffered for many years before I found them, for some it was too late to fix their medical issues but for whatever time I had them, they were truly loved.

This thread reads like an Honour Roll.

I feel like it is an honour roll, all the dogs on my list have been truly beautiful beings some of whom suffered for many years before I found them, for some it was too late to fix their medical issues but for whatever time I had them, they were truly loved.

:grouphug:

Jasper, pound mutt, 16, cancer.( got him as pup).

Ben, pound mutt, 14 ,pts due to illness, ( got as pup).

Razzle, BT, 8, dementia, pts due to other ailments.

Roadie, BT, 3 ,pts due to chronic skin problems ( i now now better and could have helped her :( ).

Mason, BT, 10, lymphoma, had him 6 months from pound, my sons shadow missed dearly.

Meg, whippet, petshop, 12 months, pts due to chronic health issues.

Girl dog, kelpie x corgi, pound, approx 14, cancer, had glorious 6 months with her.

Marie Claudette, Maltese, dodgy 'reg' breeder - passed away at 10 weeks old due to neurological issues

Armand, APBT, rescue dog - PTS at about 8 due to on going health and behaviour issues

Satu, Alaskan Malamute, rescue dog - PTS at about 3 due to kidney failure

Sera, ChixPom died at the age of 13 years 9 months from mitral valve disease, was suppose to take her to the vet that morning because the medication wasn't working anymore but she had died, still miss her and wish i had gotten out of bed earlier so i could have been with her.

Family dog, GSDx - suffered a stroke at 17, PTS

Aussie Terrier x - Hit by a truck and died instantly at 3.6 years old

(he was my heart dog, still miss him 14 years on)

My old boy is now 13-14 (got him from a rescue so not exactly sure of his age, but he was supposedly 2, and we've had him 11 years) and I hope he lives another few years yet. He is happy & healthy so far.

Lost Gracie (Border Terrier) at 7 years due to a snake bite. Lost her the day before Christmas last year.

394984_2887165137896_1223209651_33224348_1546979802_n.jpg

Maizie died in an accident at the breeder's when she was only two years old in November last year. Miss this girl like crazy. She was so special and taken way too soon.

59826_439092358258_625208258_4950414_3261155_n.jpg

Bridget was an Irish Terrier who was PTS at 14 1/2 years to kidney failure.

Lily was a Staffordshire cross who died at 6 from a lung infection that didn't respond to any treatment.

Zsa Zsa was a Bull Terrier cross who was PTS at 5 due to heart failure.

Gemma was a papered toy poodle, died of old age at approximately .. 17?

Blitzen I believe was also papered (though not 100% sure), miniature poodle, PTS 4 years ago at age 15-16 ish. He had some sort of heart problem and was on meds from about age 7, also had arthritis toward the end.

Mr Darcy, pedigree Great Dane, 1 year and 3 months. Was pts after he suffered a stroke during surgery to fix cervical vertebral malformations. He was expected to only have about 6 months left without the surgery.