Kristin's First Foster Puppy

kja

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww such awesome photos, I keep coming in here hoping you are going to say your keeping him. :laugh: I know you said you wouldn't but OMG he is so cute and your girls just love him! They all look so happy together!!

He is such a little gem of a guy. Sometimes I'd be happy to keep him but really I don't want a third dog and there are too many puppy things that irritate me :laugh:

The vet doesn't seem to be in any hurry to get this guy to his new home. He was meant to be picked up on Friday and the vet nurse was going to call me to tell me to come down & drop Pup off, but she never did. I finally rang her at 7pm and asked what was up.

She said "oh the guy hurt his leg and I haven't spoken with him since I saw him [which would have been Wed night/Thurs morning] and so I think probably Tuesday now." Why Tuesday - coz that's when they are open again :eek:

I was silent and she added "oh, if you can't keep him you can drop him off with us"

I'm fuming thinking a) it's a good thing I didn't sit around waiting for a phone call Friday, b) she KNEW he wasn't going to go to his new home Friday so why didn't she ring me to let me, too, c) how is hurting one's leg (unless he's in hospital, I guess) relevant to caring for a dog?? I've totally destroyed my ankle and I keep pace with my brood. It's just what you do when you have pets and d) wtf is up with this guy? If I adopted a doggie, I'd want it home with me ASAP.

The vet nurse is also trying to get my friend who's donated $$ to the new owner to give them the money instead of the new owner. From where I sit it looks like the vet is totaly in this for a profit...see my other thread in general. My friend is not amused either. It's all very frustrating.

On the upside, my Girls love him and he's a lot of fun mostly :)

Doesn't want to leave the beach

APR12_126kja.jpg

Before figuring out that he may be a little too close to Dora - though look at that face, he knows he pushing his luck :laugh:

APR12_127kja.jpg

I'm going to miss the photos of this little dude when he's gone to his new home!

That new 'owner' sounds like he is not the right one and I think your right about the vets.

Hypothetical question, if you were to keep him would you have to pay for him? Sorry to sound clueless, I have no idea how it works?

Edited for spelling, also went and read your other thread and I'm guessing you would have to pay for him. The fees are phenomenal. You would think the vet wold donate his time for a rescue dog and only charge for the fax and chip etc.

Edited by tlc

The vet sucks. I think the new owner might be OK. Who knows?

I do know we're going to miss him lots on our daily walkies!

APR12_134kja.jpg

Edited by kja

Well, just dropped the Pupster off at the vet as supposedly his new owner is picking him up in a few minutes. The vet was an ass imho but I really shouldn't have expected anything more. And I didn't get to meet the new dad -the vet totally hustled me out, no time for me now, clearly.

We're sure going to miss him around here but are so happy he's found a forever home!! Had to get in a few more puppy snuggles before I dropped him off but he was just up from a nap and totally squirmy worm so didn't get anything great - oh well, I have the memories!

APR12_145kja.jpg

You know what I find sad about all this is that the new owner has no idea of Pups routine with you, what he likes, etc and you have all this amazing photographic history of him that the owner wont get to see. What a loss.

Good on you for giving this little man such a great start in life! I've loved watching him and your dogs grow through the photos!

Awwww that early morning shot is awesome :thumbsup:

PS is right, such a shame pups new owner misses out on so much and some great photos. You have given this lad a brilliant start to his new life and you should be proud kja :thumbsup:

Gonna miss seeing your photos of him I reckon