Havanese

Tibetan Terrier

Bearded Collie

Samoyed

Siberan Husky

Alaskan Malumute

Saluki

:) :) :D :D

there are all differing reasons why not, but they are the breeds and look at and just wish.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Golden retriever

Really pretty fluffy "real" (not farm-bred :p ) Border Collie

German Shepherd

Rottweiler

Weimeraner

Whippet

Chinese Crested

Dalmation

Saluki (I think they're gorgeous too :D )

Greyhound (they look like fun!)

Afghan hound

Silky Terrier

Papillon

Chihuahua (maybe...)

Better stop there...

I think if I have about 2-3 dogs at a time for my entire life, I could almost get through all these breeds :p oh, and save relentlessly for them. And feeding them..

Czechoslovakian Wolfdog. - Already got the Hungarian relatives onside to look after the puppy, help with the vet work etc for us when Its time for us to go over there for a visit in a few years lol. So I'm kind of there with the dream, So even if we need to get one from another country like Germany its doable.

Soon as I convince my hubby to let me spend the $$ on the Dog(s) that is. Till then Next more Possible Dream breed will be a Weimeraner or Great Dane.

I'm in the same position as you OP, have so many working breeds I'd love to own, but don't have the space when I move out :(

BUT, my list is:

More schipperkes (I'm lucky I already have one :D )

ACD!!! Been wanting for at least 5 years :laugh:

Kelpie, either working or show...just love 'em

Newfoundland

And I'd definately have another rescue!

I own my dream breed :heart:

One day I will add an OES, Havanese and a Eurasier to the pack as well.

Zac took a liking to your hubby at Goulburn....I could see him covered in blue fuzz in the future :provoke:

If they didn't make me sneeze (shorted coated dogs in general not just ACD) I'd say there was a good chance of that.

He said Zac is an awesome dog :D

Edited by Bjelkier

I have no doggies at the moment but I realy want a Bull Terrier and one day in the distant future I would love a Great Dane or a Chinese Crested. All completely different dogs :laugh: .

English Setter. So beautiful!

Chihuahuas and greyhounds, of course. But one day I'd love to own an English Setter - maybe a retired show dog. Red Belton?I think they call them. Remember one in the area when I was a kid - Seamus. Brilliant kids dog.

Czechoslovakian Wolfdog. - Already got the Hungarian relatives onside to look after the puppy, help with the vet work etc for us when Its time for us to go over there for a visit in a few years lol. So I'm kind of there with the dream, So even if we need to get one from another country like Germany its doable.

Soon as I convince my hubby to let me spend the $$ on the Dog(s) that is. Till then Next more Possible Dream breed will be a Weimeraner or Great Dane.

OMG i was checking these guys out last night, they are lovely looking dogs! if you import one i dibs a play date :laugh:

I already have my top two, Bull Terrier and SBT

but would like to own

Rottie

DDB

French Bulldog

another British Bulldog

Greyhound

I want to say i will always have a SBT and a BT in my life... but 2 dogs are my limit. Im thinking next match is a DDB and a Rottie.. then i will do the bulldogs after that :laugh:

Dream breeds...

Anatolion Shepherd (Verrrry soon :D :D :D)

Border Collie

Husky

Golden Retriever

Nova Scotia

Northern Inuit Dog (Waaaant, though I don't believe there are any breeders in Australia as yet)

Irish Wolfhound

Borzoi

Pharaoh Hound

Edited as more popped into my mind!

Edited by Chris the Rebel Wolf

I can't imagine anything better than an Aussie, they are my one and only dream breed, but there are other breeds I have thought about or know I will have.

The Irish Terriers are a bit of a given, I grew up with them and they hold a very special place in my heart, and I want this breed in my life in the future. They keep me grounded. :laugh: The Aussies go "I adore you, what can I do for you today?" and boost your ego, the Irish are "Um, nah..." and bring you back down again. :p :laugh:

I would love a Finnish Lapphund but it would have to be a very special one, a friend/DOLer already has a very specific order from me. :p Hehe. If only.

Other breeds I like and might consider in the future would be a Bull Terrier and a Collie Rough, but I think it would have to be black tri. I'm sure there are others but these are the ones that are probably the most likely. :)