Most And Least Favourite Breed.

Blackdogs

my favourite breed- golden retrievers,labrador retrievers,ckc,tibetan spaniel,weims,gsp.shetland sheep dog,australian cattle dog. I'm realy loving the tibetan spaniel the most.

Least- would have to be jack russells,fox terriers

Maybe it goes with loving tibetan spaniels, but my list is remarkably like yours. Only addition to the favourites is a well-bred, well-raised Rottie.

I have problems with how 'busy/buzzy' the terriers can be.

But having said that, every time I've thought 'I don't like that breed'.....I've later met one that has totally changed my mind. To the opposite, in many cases!!!!

I have the feeling that there'd be one of those for every breed.... :) And I bet it'd apply to those terriers!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's a SWF :o

Toy breeds. aka small white fluffies. :laugh:

Ohhh I see :laugh: There not my most favourite either, but their are some wonderful ones...just wouldn't own a small white fluffy :laugh: IF that excludes breeds like pom or chi

• 1 month later...

My favourite breed would have to be Brittany, even though my boy has made me tear my hair out some days, he is first and foremost a very loving, snuggley creature and he also doubles as a minky teddy/hot water bottle on colder days, his coast is just SO SOFT and warm! A close second would be Staffordshire Bull Terriers, because they always look so happy and every one I've met has always wanted to lick me to death or would do anything for me for whatever edible item I had in my hand. I also find their 'nuggety' physique very charming.

Least favourite would be Chihuahuas. Their appearance unsettles me, and I'm terrified I will accidentally step on one :( Also, all the Chis I've met had wanted to tear off my achilles, or has been very fear aggressive towards my dogs. My poor boys are really wary when they're near tiny breeds now.

and i really don't like border collies. i've never met one i actually liked. they all seem to have hard eyes and no off switch. we've got quite a few in the family and whilst i'll dog-sit them for a couple of weeks i always find i'm not looking forward to it and relieved when they go home. - its not the exercise or smarts its just something about them being unable to chill well. i had collies growing up so i'm used to the desire to herd, but everything?! all the time?! just too much dog for me i guess!

I also had a border collie, when i was growing up. Lost him when i was about 15. Can really agree here though, never met one that wasn't always "on", they seem to never be able to relax. Nice dogs nonetheless.

Most favourite: Samoyed, Golden Retriever, Labrador, Weimeraner, Hungarian Viszla, Ridgeback, Doberman.

Least favourite: Chihuahua and other small breeds. I find pitbulls to be far too energetic too (Very sweet dogs, that love affection, but just never EVER sleep!)

and i really don't like border collies. i've never met one i actually liked. they all seem to have hard eyes and no off switch. we've got quite a few in the family and whilst i'll dog-sit them for a couple of weeks i always find i'm not looking forward to it and relieved when they go home. - its not the exercise or smarts its just something about them being unable to chill well. i had collies growing up so i'm used to the desire to herd, but everything?! all the time?! just too much dog for me i guess!

I also had a border collie, when i was growing up. Lost him when i was about 15. Can really agree here though, never met one that wasn't always "on", they seem to never be able to relax. Nice dogs nonetheless.

Most favourite: Samoyed, Golden Retriever, Labrador, Weimeraner, Hungarian Viszla, Ridgeback, Doberman.

Least favourite: Chihuahua and other small breeds. I find pitbulls to be far too energetic too (Very sweet dogs, that love affection, but just never EVER sleep!)

Then you most certainly haven't been to my place or spent time with my dogs.

My favourite: All northern breeds, Tibetal Mastiffs, Newfounlands, Golden Retrivers, long coated GSDs, Leonbergers and (going by looks alone since I've never met one) Caucasian Ovcharka

Least favourite: short coated breeds

I just like dogs, don't have a disliked breed at all. I just don't classify them that way.

Same here. I love any dog that is prepared to wag its tail and have a yarn with me, whether it's a champion in the show ring or a big brindle boofer from the pound.

Favourites: Chihuahuas, Poodles, English Setters, Silken Windhounds, Greyhounds, assorted cross-breeds...

Breeds I am unlikely to own: big hairy breeds (too lazy to groom eg OESD, Afghan) Giant breeds (too short lifespan/too small car), dribbly breeds with those long lip flaps like Bloodhounds (I have an issue with speckled walls and drool generally).

I'm surprised that chis get such a bad rap and so many people generalise their bad experiences. We have had three chis from the rspca, two old ex-breeders from breeders and one from a woman in the street (who said we'd give it a better home than she could - she'd rescued it off the Anzac Bridge years before) and all were exceptionally smart, not yappy, not snappy and they really wove their paws around your heart, so much so that I couldn't picture life without one. Pretty much the same experience with and number of poodles...also an unpopular breed. Is it just the way you keep them/train them, do you think? We've had a wide variety of ages in that lot.

Favourite breeds: poms, rottis, chis, bulldogs, lapphunds, dogues

Least favourite: anything that will attack and hurt my current dog, I dont care what breed it is.

Interesting to see small dog owners like big and small dogs but most big dog owners aren't a fan of the little guys. Only getting to that conclusion from the information posted above.

That is interesting! I never saw myself as the owner of a large breed until Tielle the greyhound came along...now I want to try more. I guess if you've never owned a small breed, the unfamilar is always less appealing. Also, they are relatively easily damaged so not ideal for dog parks these days. That is a bit of a con in many people's eyes. Maybe it's a bit like the people in my TAFE class who say "I hate cats" - none of them have ever owned a cat so they don't know what a special experience that can be - and not all that different from dog ownership despite the "cats have slaves" thing.

Favourite breeds: poms, rottis, chis, bulldogs, lapphunds, dogues

Least favourite: anything that will attack and hurt my current dog, I dont care what breed it is.

Interesting to see small dog owners like big and small dogs but most big dog owners aren't a fan of the little guys. Only getting to that conclusion from the information posted above.

That is interesting! I never saw myself as the owner of a large breed until Tielle the greyhound came along...now I want to try more. I guess if you've never owned a small breed, the unfamilar is always less appealing. Also, they are relatively easily damaged so not ideal for dog parks these days. That is a bit of a con in many people's eyes. Maybe it's a bit like the people in my TAFE class who say "I hate cats" - none of them have ever owned a cat so they don't know what a special experience that can be - and not all that different from dog ownership despite the "cats have slaves" thing.

Mmmm, interesting. I'm currently fostering an iggy and a greyhound. The grey is adorable. Can give you more info if you may be interested!!

Faves: chis, dally, GSD, aussie shepherd, french bulldog, pug, doberman, great dane, scnauzer, staffy. Basically a list of breeds I'd love to own.

Least: I really can't think of a breed I don't like, more breeds I probably wouldn't own. E.g a larger/high energy breed right now wouldn't be suitable as our backyard is small and the fencing isn't secure for a bigger dog. Breeds that require a lot of grooming or shed constantly are probably out too as we're renting.

Funny though, I never thought I'd get a chihuahua/be a chihuahua person until we adopted Edna. When we first saw her at the dog's home I just fell in love with her and I bonded with her instantly, and that was that. I can't imagine life without her now.

Edited by sailormouth

Favourites: French Bulldogs, Rotti’s, Boston Terriers, Poodles, English Bulldogs, Great Danes, Bull Mastiffs

Least Favourite: I really love all dogs but if I was forced to choose, it would be staffies.

Guest english.ivy

Fav .. Groenendaels

Least fav .. any breed that has a million breeders, as it would be too time consuming to pick a genuine breeder

I love the rare/uncommon breeds

I do love most dogs regardless of breed but Cavaliers and Rottweilers are my favorite.

And my least favorite would be staffies and Chi's although I have met a couple that I didn't mind but overall not for me. :)

Love rottweilers, they are so noble and beautiful, and all the bullbreeds especially frenchies.

least favourite are ACD's - I just don't trust them, don't really know why.

Favorites - Bullmastiffs, mastiffs, large lazy dogs, fox terriers (mini and normal sized)

Least favourite (not dislike.. All dogs are great) tiny long haired breeds, staffy/pitbulls