Henry

Winterpaws

It's taken me a couple of days to be able to write this, but I am so sad to say that our gorgeous Henry has left us.

Henry had a lot of people who loved him and were interested in his wellbeing after being found in such horrific condition all those years ago. Over the last two weeks I had noticed that Henry had gone from bouncing around the house to wanting to sleep all the time. He was still bright, but I could tell that he wasn't himself and something seemed off.

A vet visit and blood tests 2 weeks ago, showed hypothyroidism and so the vet started him on some meds for that.

Last Monday night we noticed some blood coming from his mouth after he had been outside to toilet. The vet thought it might be a one off and so we kept an eye on him.

On Wednesday night last week he had a terrible night and seemed to be having trouble sleeping. I was up from 2 in the morning with him and he wouldn't settle and seemed very uncomfortable.

Thirsday morning we were off to the vet who decided that xrays would be appropriate. They did xrays which showed nothing but then whilst sedated decided to have a look at his throat. When they opened up his mouth they found a tumour the size of an avocado at the back of his mouth. It was the obvious cause of his breathing issues :cry: :cry:

Henry went peacefully in our arms last Thuirsday night and we have been devatstaed since. He was the dog who I had to beg the pound manager to let me take out and the dog who we were all so glad that he was given that chance. Henry had been treated so awfully yet he maintained this amazing temperament. We never saw him get upset and Henry did not have a bad bone in his body.

So many people on DOL made Henry's existence possible and it would be too hard to try and name everyone. But thank you all so much for giving him that chance and helping us save him. DCH Animal Adoptions in particular deserve a huge thanks as they agreed to let me take him out knowing that he would possibly end up significant vet costs. I really can't thank MeganM enough and also Mr WP who finally gave in that night years and years ago when I tossed and turned talking about this poor dog I had seen in such a horrific condition. Mr WP finally told me to go to sleep and in the morning, go get the dog! :)

He was truly an amazing one of a kind and our lives will not be the same without him :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

post-3016-0-58403900-1337679308_thumb.jpg

post-3016-0-24391500-1337679339_thumb.jpg

post-3016-0-53179200-1337679584_thumb.jpg

So sad to hear of you loss of your beloved Henry. Im sure when he came to you he knew and lived the rest of his life knowing he had found not just love but had finally come to a place that was all home should be. RIP Henry. (Hug) Winterpaws.