One Of My Images Is In An Exhibition

tlc

Hi Guys, just wanted to post here about one of my images being displayed in an exhibition in the Hamilton art gallery. I entered the picture into a competition a while ago and there was over 600 entries into the competition which had a few different categories. All the images are on display in the gallery till mid October so we will go up at some stage and have a look.

This was the brief, The focus is on ‘Celebrating Farm Life’, and professional and amateur photographers alike are invited to enter photographs in the following themes;

Of droughts and flooding rains – Impact of weather events

Red sky at night – Farming environment

Country wisdom – Safe farming practices

Working the land – Agriculture at work

Malting barley to Mallee bulls - What we grow

Future farmers – What does farming look like in the future

Images of farm life (primary school section)

I choose the first category and used a picture I took back in July, I took the photo with my Canon G1X and there was just something about it, so I thought I would enter it and see how it went. I don't care at all about not winning but I thought it was a bit special to actually have an image in a gallery! :)

There is a clip on You tube

if anyone wants to have a look, my images is at 54 seconds. I was stoked they included it in the clip as they obviously couldn't include all 600 odd images.

The image in the you tube clip looks quite muted compared to how I edited it, so not sure if it is just the printers they used, I was a little disappointed it wasn't exactly like it was on my screen but it is only a video clip it might look better in real life, I will see when I go and check it out. I can't wait to see all the other images as well.

This is the image

7998864457_807e2e8b36.jpg

Thanks guys, the funny thing is about how it looks is I've viewed it on Mac, my of and my OHs PC, my mums PC and my friends PC and it looks the same on all of them so that's whynI thought it looked a but muted? Planning on heading up there in the next couple of weeks so I'll find out if it's just the video or if it is really printed like that. Anyway no matter still chuffed it's in a gallery, how amazing. :laugh:

Yes it's funny because my mum lives 2 min walk from this place and drives past it when she goes to do her weekly shopping and she always thought it was just an old shed in a paddock. What got me about it and caught my eye was the fire place collapsing, it just made it interesting. I have a few more shots of it but further away which I preferred but the didn't look quite so dramatic to me.

In hindsight now I wish we had of went to the opening night which was Monday night, we didn't due to work but as it turned out I was home sick so couldn't have went anyway. I found the video by a fluke. I'll probly be he same if there's others there the day we visit. :laugh: