Reason #47253 Not To Own A Malinois

Nekhbet

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a beautiful girl you have there, and what a lucky girl she is to have found you.

My boys went through many a rug and in the end I got $5.00 hession sacks for their crates and after 3 months or so of dragging them out occasionaly but not destroying them, I am about to put latex foam inside. They have pods4pets bed inside and have not touched them.

Their age had a lot to do with the destruction and the fact that they have each other and a few acres to run around on now couldn't hurt either.

I'd be getting my other half to use a rake then vaccuming up the last of it (and I am speaking from experience :laugh: )

:)

edited from I'd be using a rake..... to getting my other half to use a rake :laugh:

Edited by Tazar

Bahahaha :rofl:

I must admit, I did get just a tiny bit soft when meeting her, so thanks for the update! Dodged a bullet :D

And I agree with all the others, she ain't going nowhere!

Btw, Paco had a little chew on the gear stick of the hire car in the 2 minutes it took us to say goodbye, in between putting him in the car and leaving. I was waiting for a call (or a bill), but haven't heard anything.

Ummm... my own dogs have done more damage over the years than any of my fosters... scary thought really...

I have a Grumpy Granny girl here - she can be the fun police when it's nearly her bedtime... lol! What the heck - she's just turned 13 and doesn't have to play nice with spritely and cheeky young pups ALL of the time... *grin*

Good thing I have 2 others who are up for a play 24/7... *sigh*

T.

I wish I had a photo of my old falcon ute dashboard that Kibah tore to pieces at the whippet races, oh, and the sun visor, gear stick and steering wheel.

Yeah we borrowed a friends car once when our panel van died, while we were in buying a new one Rogue (as a puppy) decided to chew on the bottom of the steering wheel ... lucky it was an old bomb we almost died!

Ironically Scooby is wonderful in the car, she lounges along the front seat of the van, squinting and lapping up the comfort. I think she knows, chew the mercedes and out the front door quick smart O_o

Btw, Paco had a little chew on the gear stick of the hire car in the 2 minutes it took us to say goodbye, in between putting him in the car and leaving. I was waiting for a call (or a bill), but haven't heard anything.

Noooo ... this cant be the same dog who ripped the tail off the guy in the cat suit and did victory laps around my back yard with it (yes, Nekhbet can throw one hell of a party) :rofl:

See Paco can be a party animal ... here he is sprung on the lap of a very drunk German tattooist

539961_10151188215946999_464705294_n_zpse5f8f4bd.jpg

Scary damage! My car has been safe so far taking the Malinois out and about, actually surprised so far that nothing has been destroyed. I did lose an erratic ball to the river when she didn't want to taint her paws by getting them wet though :laugh:

Edited by huski

Scary damage! My car has been safe so far taking the Malinois out and about, actually surprised so far that nothing has been destroyed. I did lose an erratic ball to the river when she didn't want to taint her paws by getting them wet though :laugh:

I have come to learn unless they're securely in a metal crate, keep them noisy. If they go quiet you know that means something is blocking the whinge mechanism and invariably it will be a lot smaller and in a lot more pieces then it started as :rofl:

Oh no it wasn't you Scooby was it ... She could at least LOOK a little more guilty

I don't even know how to get all that cleaned up ... can someone remind me when I put my foot down and said I am never getting another rescue dog again I took this bloody thing in? And now, somehow, am getting suckered in by OH and all my friends that I have to keep her because she's doing so well at my place?

:laugh:

I saw a lovely Mal puppy at KCC park on walkies with her owner.

in a word:

wired

Their gorgeous but wayyyyyyy too much energy for me to handle :walkdog:

Edited by lilli

I have come to learn unless they're securely in a metal crate, keep them noisy. If they go quiet you know that means something is blocking the whinge mechanism and invariably it will be a lot smaller and in a lot more pieces then it started as :rofl:

I don't think I have much of a destructo dog here luckily. However she did find a plank of wood longer than she is and was running around the yard with it in her mouth :confused: not chewing it. Just running around with it lol. Anything can be a game with a Malinois!

Have you got a Malinois now huski?!

Oh she's not mine, she's one of the pups from work. I just get to play with her and take her out etc. She is with me most of the time. I never saw myself with a mal, but it is lots of fun :)

Have you got a Malinois now huski?!

Oh she's not mine, she's one of the pups from work. I just get to play with her and take her out etc. She is with me most of the time. I never saw myself with a mal, but it is lots of fun :)

Lucky you! :)