Warning To Anyone Who Goes To St Ives Showground

lovemesideways

My beautiful Labrador Riddick was attacked today, and has several puncture wounds in his ear as well as possible chest injuries. The attacker was a large black male Labrador (or lab x Rottweiler judging by size and head shape. Possibly entire).

Happened at St Ives show ground today (06 october) around 3pm.

The dog first tried to attack my friend Jason's GSD Rogue who was on a leash, when Jason pulled Rogue back, the Lab turned and full on went after Riddick. Riddick defended himself while moving away from the other dog, but it was seriously intent on hurting him :(

The owner, finally managed to catch his dog after I pulled it off Riddick. This is probably the 8th or 9th time I have come across this guy and his dog. It Always runs straight across the oval and goes after my dogs, it had tried to attack my friends dog on several occasions and it is seriously intent on injuring the other dog.

Riddick defended himself but continuously moved away from the other dog, trying to get to me and stop the situation. The other dog kept going 100%, trying to bite.

The guy called me a "stupid *#%*" and said "it's your dogs fault". Despite the fact that his dog ran all the way across the entire St Ives oval (easily 200 Metres), straight at my dogs. His dog went after the ON LEASH Rogue, who tucked her tail and tried to get away. It then went straight for my incredibly friendly well socialized exceptionally well behaved Labrador who whilst defending himself, tried to get away and retreat to me the entire time. Not once did he turn and go after the other dog.

I am SICK of assholes like this, and their poor dogs who have 0 chance in life because their owner is a complete moron. I am doing every thing I can to make sure this guy will be paying for this. He refused to apologise, calling me a bitch and a "stupid f***ing *#%*", he refused to provide his name or give me his details, despite the obvious blood on my hands that came from Riddicks puncture wounds.

So I have taken a photo of his car and rego. He has been reported to the police and to the council who will be contacting me Monday. People like this guy need to learn their are consequences for bringing a obviously dog aggressive dog with a extensive history, to a off leash park and letting it go. He will be paying the vet bill at the very least, even if I have to take him to court.

Just warning anyone who goes to this area, be wary of a 40+ year old man, with a very large black entire Labrador. The dog is always on a long check chain. Has 0 recall and goes straight after any other large dogs if it is off leash. This is the reason I don't go into parks :( It was raining and empty however, and it is so huge I thought we would be fine. I should be able to take my dog into a huge oval like that where they are legally allowed off leash, without having to worry about a large dog attacking them with the intent to seriously injure. Very sad :(

photo6-1.jpg

Hard to see the damage, but 2 small chunks are completely missing and there are 4 puncture wounds in the ear. There are not other visible injuries that I could find, and the vet couldn't find any either. Thank god for my awesome dog and his avoidance and defence skills, otherwise there would have been way worse injuries :(.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The council had better not go soft on him.

People like this drive me nuts with frustration. Well done for reporting him.

The best of wishes for a speedy physical and psychological recovery for Riddick.

Please keep us posted on what the council does.

I just seen this one Facebook! Hope you gave that guy a piece of your mind? Did you have Roscoe with you as well? There just has to be 'that' guy that ruins it for everyone else! We have had our fair share of agro dogs and dog parks and on lead, one on lead one even having a go at my youngest at the time as we stopped to let them go by, I got between them and the dog bit my lad badly instead, the owner admitted it had done it before. :mad

Poor Riddick, hope he copes socially after this around other dogs and has no ill effects, I have one effected by a dog attack and it can stick with them for life. :(

What a dreadful experience for you all. I hope Riddick is ok and does not suffer any other effects. Good on you for reporting him, it is people like him who give dog owners and dogs a bad name..

How awful to hear, I wish Riddick a swift recovery! What a terrible thing to happen to any dog, especially a young impressionable guy.

People like this make me so MAD. Especially since he was blaming you, clearly can take no responsibility for what he has done in allowing a large and aggressive dog off lead in a public place. I'm really proud you got his rego details and have reported him, if this guy makes a habit of this, it probably won't be the first complaint about him. Stand up for yourself and your dog!

Cuddles for Riddick too.

What a spineless jerk of a guy. I can't understand when people are in the wrong why they blame everyone else. I hope Riddick recovers physically and emotionally very quickly. Sorry to read of such stupidity. :(

What a horriable thing to have happened. I hope poor Riddick recovers fully from this. I also hope this guy doesnt get let off easily, some people should not own dogs :mad

My boy was attacked by two dogs when he was young and ever since reacts badly to dogs coming up to him :(

Yay, you got his rego! :thumbsup:

This attitude some people have of shifting the blame is a strange way of seeing the world, but I had the exact same thing happen to me. Two dogs came rushing down the hill dragging their leads and one attacked Penny who I had on lead. The woman tried to blame me!! :mad I think they must be a bit like their dogs, aggressive and seem to think if they attack first you will back off.

Good luck, I hope he's going to be held accountable this time.

Guest donatella

What a grade A asshole! How dare he blame you guys for his dog attacking, go get him girl and keep us posted!!

So sorry to hear you & poor Riddick had to go through this terrible ordeal. I met Riddick back in Jan at Ziva's party & I have never met such a laid back, gentle, well behaved dog. My little JS Panda was drawn to him because we have a big black cross breed dog at home & felt comfortable with Riddick. I hope he makes a full recovery & that idiot pays for what his dog has done.

I have only taken my Border Collie to St Ives a couple of times on a week day, is this guy mostly there on weekends?