What Is The Most Annoying Thing Your Dogs Do?

Guest Maeby Fünke

My boy screams and screams like someone is trying to kill him, no one is touching him. Even worse when we go for a walk in the morning. He is 91/2. My oh will kill him soon I'm sure! He just won't shut up even when I'm near him, he just whines and talks and whines! It's driving us crazy! :eek:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest donatella

Lucy is RIDICULOUSLY smart. Ever since I taught her "shake" she has worked out the power of the paw.

She now uses it as a tool to pull my hand onto her chest for pats at her convenience. She pulls my hand off my laptop, phone when i'm watching TV onto her belly for belly rubs. You have to see it to believe it. It's friggin annoying that she just demands attention when it suits her when you're in the middle of something/asleep. She is a royal cow and she knows it!!

Belle - throws herself to the ground and plays dead on walks/runs, whenever she is on the bed for cuddles she will manage to get in such a position that she takes up the whole bed (she is an 8kg JRT x) - then when told she has to move she pretends to be dead, before bedtime she gets carried out for wees (we have a dog flap) and then carried to bed otherwise she does the sloooowwwwesstttt walk EVER. Can you see a 'play dead' theme here? :laugh: Scared me to death when we first adopted her as she does it really well - stiff limbs, no blinking, no moving......until food comes out that is....

Chewbacca - being a tibetan x he is a licker! He also uses jedi mind tricks to wake us up - he will sit and stare, a stare that actually wakes you.

Even though these are 'annoying', it is what gives them their hilarious personalities. I love my terrible twosome, they make me laugh every day :)

What Is The Most Annoying Thing Your Dogs Do?

they may seem annoying now ,but when your dog has gone to Rainbow Bridge the memories

of that annoying habit will seem so very small :( so friends count to 10 put up with it and laugh :laugh:

The most annoying thing would have to be Spence insisting I go through doorways first. He'll happily trot in front of me up the hallway and then STOP suddenly at the doorway and either stand in the way or back up to let me go first, tangling himself up in my legs in the process. Our doorway conversations usually go something like this:

Spencer: After you my dear...

Me: Go! GO! Just go through the f*#&$% door!

Tempeh has a new one now she has grown supermodel length legs. Before she just used to lick my legs dry after a shower. Not a big bother but yesterday and again today she realised she could now reach my bum and gave that a lick too. :eek:

No more helping mummy dry off!

Lucky it was your bum and not the other side :rofl:

Guest Maeby Fünke

Tempeh has a new one now she has grown supermodel length legs. Before she just used to lick my legs dry after a shower. Not a big bother but yesterday and again today she realised she could now reach my bum and gave that a lick too. :eek:

I would definitely draw the line at bottoms (back and front)!

A couple more annoying things...

Poppy burps like a human after eating her dinner... It's really loud and gross, and she is usually sitting next to me at face height on the couch when it happens. She sounds like Homer Simpson.

And Oscar drives me *nuts* at dinner time by running all around the kitchen, and around my legs, really fast, as if he thinks the running will make dinner happen faster... Sometimes, I have to put him in his crate until I have finished getting it ready.

Edited by Maeby Fünke

Don't you worry I was concerned about that too! How embarrassing would that be!

My girl likes to steal shoes and/or socks. Even if we are sitting on the couch and have just taken our shoes off to relax on the couch, she will sneakily pick one of the shoes up and casually walk away with it. She doesnt chew them but does it to get you to chase her... but she has to sneak away with it at first to get far enough away from you so you cant grab it off her.

So now we cant leave any shoes on the floor.

My girl likes to steal shoes and/or socks. Even if we are sitting on the couch and have just taken our shoes off to relax on the couch, she will sneakily pick one of the shoes up and casually walk away with it. She doesnt chew them but does it to get you to chase her... but she has to sneak away with it at first to get far enough away from you so you cant grab it off her.

My pug does this too! If you don't chase her she gets bored and drops them, or if she REALLY wants to play she will keep coming back and parading her stolen goods in front of you :laugh:

Poppy burps like a human after eating her dinner... It's really loud and gross, and she is usually sitting next to me at face height on the couch when it happens. She sounds like Homer Simpson.

Mosley burps like that too. :laugh: The first time he did I almost wet myself. It's sooo loud.

Mosley burps like that too. :laugh: The first time he did I almost wet myself. It's sooo loud.

Boston burps too! Max doesn't, so when I got Boston and he burped I was like wtf, I had no idea dogs could burp :rofl: He does it all the time, typical boy!

A few days ago I fell in our paddock. Thinking I had broken my ankle and not being able to get up, I had to pull myself up to the house to get help.

My cattle dog came running over, only to drop her ball on me. :eek: Fifteen minutes later she is still trying to get me to throw it. This is typical of her. She is so ball obsessed and this really annoys me no end. At least she is consistent. :D

My old dog, riff, used to spend each night going around to our neighbours houses and taking 1 shoe from each pair off their doorsteps then bringing them home with him. Every morning we would have each of our neighbours drop in to collect their shoes from the box dad put at our front door. They never cared though, everyone thought it was hilarious!