2. 2. If your dogs sleep in another room, do they sleep:

• On the couch
    • In/on their bed
    • In a crate
    • Other
    • Not applicable
  3. 3. If your dogs sleep outside, do they sleep:

• In a dog kennel
    • In/on their own bed (in a pen/enclosure)
    • Other
    • Not applicable

Guest Maeby Fünke

Where do your dogs sleep?

Mine sleep in crates when they're puppies, but as soon as they're old enough I let them sleep wherever they like (couch or bed)... Mine both prefer to sleep on my bed. Oscar sleeps under the doona with me (snuggled in very close) and Poppy sleeps at the end of the bed.

Edited by Maeby Fünke

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can't vote in the poll as you have to answer every question, and mine don't sleep outside.

Mine sleep on my bed, or sometimes one will choose to sleep on my OH's bed in her room but most of the time both pugs are squashed onto my pillow with me :laugh:

Guest Maeby Fünke

Can't vote in the poll as you have to answer every question, and mine don't sleep outside.

Mine sleep on my bed, or sometimes one will choose to sleep on my OH's bed in her room but most of the time both pugs are squashed onto my pillow with me :laugh:

Sorry, I don't know why I did that! I'm gonna have to close the poll and start again.

Mine all sleep in different places. As puppies they are in crates until they're toilet trained and then they go where ever they want.

Alchemy and Daenerys sleep on the end of the bed. Dante is in the hallway, Beowulf is either in the bathroom or next to my side of the bed, Lestat is in the laundry.

Guest Maeby Fünke

Maybe give options for multiple votes in the one category? I have one dog on the bed, one in a crate and one in their own bed, all in my room :)

That's what I was trying to do, but when you do that you also have to answer every category. And each category doesn't apply to everyone (like Minimax said).

I have to do some banking now but when I come back I'll try and fix it up :)

Sorry! What a pain!

Mine don't sleep outside either so I picked 'Other'. She used to sleep on my bed, but most days she now sleeps in her crate, which is left completely open for her to come or go as she pleases. She has a very thick, comfy bed inside it.

If she chooses to sleep outside the bedroom ie. in the lounge room, she sleeps on her own bed she has there. She has a bed in the other rooms as well but she only chooses to sleep there during the day. Back in the day when she was younger she used to jump on the couch and sleep there too.

So really, she sleeps everywhere except outside, lol.

The dogs have their own room to sleep in. They have trampoline beds with mattresses and a crate. They will probably sleep in a different, warmer room in the winter.

I am a super light sleeper and couldn't have them in the same room as me, would drive me nuts.

Mine all sleep in different places. As puppies they are in crates until they're toilet trained and then they go where ever they want.

Alchemy and Daenerys sleep on the end of the bed. Dante is in the hallway, Beowulf is either in the bathroom or next to my side of the bed, Lestat is in the laundry.

Sounds similar to us. Pups in crates till about 6 or 7 months or so. Then they sleep where they want. Favourite places include the ensuite floor (Hamish), bedroom floor, kitchen floor (Louise), on the bed (usually not all night - just for short time usually early or late), under the bed (one of Grace's favourite spots :laugh: ), on the lounges in the Lounge (Kodie) or Family Room (Grace), the Hall entrance way, or across any doorway (it is a Pyr thing). They tend to move from one location to another at night. If beds are provided (which they generally are), they don't use them or push them out of the way to lie on the floor, though they will occasionally use an open crate. I usually go to sleep with Pyrs sleeping at all points of the compass around me :D . They will sleep outside too. Or rather if they feel the need, one or all of the Pyrs will prefer to be outside patrolling or napping in various strategic locations.

Edited by espinay2

Mine sleep in a pen - they used to sleep on the bed but we were losing sleep and so was the oldest Itoy :laugh:

They have a pen in our room though. They cuddle on the bed with us until they get tired, then they go in the pen and we open the pen again at about 5am for more bed snuggles :)

Kaos will sleep in her bed in the loungeroom but sometimes sneaks onto the lounge when OH is at work (i dont mind her sleeping on there, but he does and she knows it!)

If im sick or having a bad night she will sleep on the floor under my bed

At this time of the year Misha starts on my bed, after 5 minutes she moves to a cooler spot in the house.

She returns to my bed if it gets chilly in the small hours.

I'm a bit concerned that this freedom poses a problem if she stays with rellies or friends who either close the bedroom door or don't want her on the bed!

If it wasn't for the hot nights in summer I'd happily train her to sleep in her crate at night.

Edited by lou_x