Goodbye Monte Bear

~Anne~

Rest in peace my teddy bear -"Woonan the Hustler". Born 7 April 2002 and sadly losing the fight a few days short of his 11th birthday.

You arrived into my life via QF408 from Victoria on Saturday 31 July 2004. You were a fat, snuffling, funny little thing who curiously checked everything out and marked every square inch of the gardens outside the domestic terminal before we got you into the car. We were alerted to you by Jeannine from Pug Rescue Vic who orchestrated your travel plans and faithfully entrusted you into our care. Your seizures we the reason you were being re-homed.

Boofy loved you immediately as did Molly. More importantly, you had me falling in love with you instantly. Over the years we watched your health go from strength to strength. The seizures never stopped but you were always a happy, cuddly, sweet natured little dog who loved life. We nicknamed you teddy bear because you were so irresistibly cuddly. You melted even the hardest person with your ever so gentle laid back sweetness. Sometimes we called you poo bear after discovering your not so sweet eating habits.

Our lives revolved around you and your care. We joked about your intelligence. A lot. You really weren't the sharpest tool in the shed. We despaired at your regular 4.30am wake-up calls and laughed at your pig squealing when you wanted food. I nursed you through more than 300 seizures. I stroked and cuddled you and stopped you from running manic into walls. On more than one occasion we rushed you to emergency for one problem or another.

We laughed at you watching animals on tv. Every night you managed to see an animal or a strange person on the tv to bark at. You loved the tv. I have video after video of you watching tv and barking at the animals. I watched a video today of you telling Olivia you wanted the bone she had and another of you and I playing. You were the ultimate sweet dog of all dogs. You were a d will always be my heart dog.

I knew things were not good after your vestibular episode in January. You never quite got back to normal. On Sunday, when you were quiet and remote, I really didn't comprehend that you were only for this world a few more days. I wish your heart had given out so you didn't have to live through those final seizures. By Tuesday morning, despite repeated doses of Valium, I couldn't stop your seizures and you were up to around 12 but then within 12 hours. When we arrived with you at the vet I still thought that they could stop your seizures. I thought we could get through this crisis like we had so many before.

The count was up approximately 19 seizures by the time I realised we couldn't let you go through this any longer. I'm sorry I didn't do something sooner. I just couldn't accept that I had to initiate your imminent death. I'm sorry. I should have made the decision sooner. When I arrived back at the hospital you had just had yet another seizure. You were conscious but only just. I hope you realised I was there holding you. I hope I gave you some comfort.

You will rest easy now forever. I miss you so much. The house isn't the same. It is quiet and still. My teddy bear is not licking my legs and feet, not sitting on my toes, not squealing for food anymore. I feel I've I will never stop crying.

I've arranged the most beautiful urn for you. :cry:

post-3413-0-38166600-1365068248_thumb.jpg

Anne, my heart is breaking for you. I have tears streaming down my face as I read about the loss of your beautiful boy and feel your pain. :cry: I remember meeting Monte and thinking what a sweet little boy he was. I am so sorry that you have lost him.

I know what you are going through and I would not wish this pain on anyone. It hurts so much! The suddenness of your loss and the shock that it brings are so difficult to accept. You know that your baby is gone but you can't believe it. When Brianna died it hurt so much physically that I thought I could not go on without her. I felt completely drained and lifeless. Be kind to yourself and let your grief do whatever it needs to do. You have suffered an immense loss and it will take time for you to work your way through it.

Just deal with each day as it comes, and know that there are others who share you sorrow and completely understand how you are feeling. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :kissbetter:

Good boy Monte, you have done your job well and been a loving and faithful companion. There will be no more seizures. Rest easy and wait for your mum at the bridge. :rainbowbridge:

Anne, my heart breaks for you - I know that desolate feeling of losing your heart dog all too well. :cry:

What a beautiful tribute to a much adored, deeply loved boy. You did everything you could for him and much more, he had a very blessed and treasured life. :heart:

I replied in Monte's other thread but wanted to pay my condolences here too.

I am so sorry for your loss Anne. :cry::hug:

That was a beautiful tribute you wrote for Monte.

It's clear to see Monte was a very loved and special member of your family. He was blessed to have an owner as committed and caring as you and no doubt you were blessed to have him in your lives too. :heart:

Run free Monte as you wait for your family at the bridge. xxx :rainbowbridge:

Anne, my heart is breaking for you. I have tears streaming down my face as I read about the loss of your beautiful boy and feel your pain. :cry: I remember meeting Monte and thinking what a sweet little boy he was. I am so sorry that you have lost him.

I know what you are going through and I would not wish this pain on anyone. It hurts so much! The suddenness of your loss and the shock that it brings are so difficult to accept. You know that your baby is gone but you can't believe it. When Brianna died it hurt so much physically that I thought I could not go on without her. I felt completely drained and lifeless. Be kind to yourself and let your grief do whatever it needs to do. You have suffered an immense loss and it will take time for you to work your way through it.

Just deal with each day as it comes, and know that there are others who share you sorrow and completely understand how you are feeling. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :kissbetter:

Good boy Monte, you have done your job well and been a loving and faithful companion. There will be no more seizures. Rest easy and wait for your mum at the bridge. :rainbowbridge:

Oh anne I've only just seen this, I had no idea even though we've been emailing. This is me too, and I couldn't have said it better than wendy just has, just tears together with you.

Thinking of you and the rest of your pack. :hug:

I feel lucky to have met him, a special boy indeed. :flower: RIP monte.

Only just saw this.......sending hugs Anne.....we have chatted when you were doing your pug rescue and I was helping here with mine...

Gilbert my little rescue guy is just amazing and bring such a funny love to the place...

Hugs to you all..

Deb