Gracie

Please send your positive vibes to our lovely young girl Gracie.

She is a large breed pup around 4-5 months old I have been told, that came out of pound about 1.5 weeks ago - when she went into board it was found she had a rather severe ringworm infection - hair missing, scabs and was knawing at herself.

She was raced to the vets, we raced in Grisevin and got her started on that and she was malasebed also and has been for the last week or so.

A week later she now has vomitting and diarrhoea and was frothing at the mouth yesterday - ringworm treatment had to be stopped.

Was suspected to be parvo, but test was negative and after fluids, antibiotics and antiemetics she appeared to pick up overnight.

She has now gone downhill this arvo with lethargy and vomitting and vet suggest possible Salmonella or other GI infection which is obviously quite nasty - similar treatment to parvo though - antibiotics, fluids and antiemietics...

This poor young girl has already been through enough........if we are lucky she will pull through this but then have to go back on ringworm treatment for weeks again....not an easy time for one so young.

Please keep our big little girl in your prayers and thoughts tonight. Been a rough week or two and I really can't face losing this girl right now.

Attached is her pound photo.

post-6431-0-15849200-1366098401_thumb.jpg

Edited by Just Andrea

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Burkes,

No sorry haven't got a chance - only had the new website up and running for a few months as it is and need more hours in every day sadly - I'm sure most feel the same.....

More worried about her making it than the vet bill at the moment but I probably should be............her making it will be the hurdle number 1, vet bill hurdle number 2...........

Thanks people - keep the prayers coming - really quite worried about her - not going to hear anything till the morning - going to be such a long night...............

Oh no, poor little baby. Wishing her strength and wellness!

Re the ringworm, have you tried F10 ointment? I discovered it a few years ago and swear by it now. Its much nicer on them little bodies than the gris (although I use both in severe cases).

Sadly Gracie lost her fight this morning.

First report at 8:30 was that she had made it through the night and although still rather sick looking and lethargic was responsive and half sat up and responded to vet nurse touch and attention. Things were starting to look up at least and I was at least somewhat relieved.

At 9:30 am Gracie started agonal coughing - lots of froth - adrenaline brought her back and she started blinking and responding and glucose was started....................she started agonal coughing again.............and then we lost her again.........she could not be brought back with adrenaline.....

Analysis of her diarrhoea/faecal sample idenfitied lots of rod type bacteria - suspects are either Salmonella or E.coli................

Rangers have been alerted as this can affect people just as much as other animals. Unfortunately it was a fight between the antibiotics and nasty bacteria in there while keeping her hydrated...........she lost.

Such a horrible outcome for one so young - impounded and alone, constant discomfort of ringworm for several weeks and now this for her last few days - shitty way to go out.

So sorry little girl - I was so looking forward to seeing you soon and giving you a big cuddle. Gutted.

Based on the title I'm assuming Gracie faced problems greater than her body could handle. So very sad for you JA and of course Gracie didn't deserve this. XXX

Posted at the same time. Shitty, shitty, shitty original owners. You deserved so much better Gracie. Run free over the bridge now beautiful girl.

Edited by Little Gifts

Just Andrea - can you post or PM the name of the vet clinic that treated Gracie please? I'd like to ring through a donation towards her vet bill if I may... assuming they take credit card payments over the phone...

T.