Zig Isn't Well

Staffyluv

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it is just from eating something a bit too far gone. I'm a worry wart like that - some dogs are rarely sick so you really notice the change. I'd have a bed on the floor next to him tonight so I could do regular tummy and temp checks if it was me (unless of course he sleeps on your bed already!). Good luck sleeping and fingers crossed there are no vom bombs indoors!

I hope that Zig is feeling better this morning - and that you haven't succumbed to his gas...

I used to have a Rotti boy who would occasionally get a tummy ache with similar symptoms to Zig's - I would sit and stroke his tummy for a while until he farted or burped, and that was usually the end of it - then he'd go off to sleep and all was well with the world again.

T.

They sure can mess with you. Erik has several times swallowed a chicken wing or bit of bone too large and spent a minute or two in terrible discomfort trying to vomit, distended tummy, bringing up foamy white stuff just like a dog with bloat. Each time some firm stomach palpitation has eventually shifted it and all symptoms have cleared up instantly. I have actually been on the phone to the vet telling them we may have a blockage emergency when he's cleared it and trotted off happily. He is a miserable little bugger when he does this, and I really wish he would learn to slow down and chew. We have several things now on the "don't feed to Erik" list because of this. In the meantime, last week Kivi threw up a pool of maggots in my kitchen. Awesome. That's all manner of wrong right there. Goodness knows what that was and where he found it, but it made him pretty sick for an hour or so. He was in and out voiding his stomach and when he did lie down he looked pretty unhappy. Thankfully once he got it out of his system he recovered quickly and even managed to convince me he needed some dinner that night.

Just read this and was hoping to get to the end and find out Zig was back to his normal self this morning. :(

Hope he is feeling better Staffyluv, will keep checking for an update

I have just made an appointment at the vets for him - I don't think it is urgent but he really isn't his usual over the top bubbly self.

He is still refusing food (tried a teaspoon of cottage cheese) and it seems all he wants to do is curl up in my lap (not an easy task for a 25kg dog)..

There is still a bit of drooling and his tummy is still quite hard - although the drooling is not as bad as it was last night.

I think I fell asleep about 5am and woke up about an hour and a half ago but have been rushing around organising things, then realised I should let you all know how he was.

Thanks for the concern - I will let you all know how he goes at the vet.