For Pitbull Lovers

Clyde

I've just gotten back from a holiday where there were loads of Pitbulls. This pair live on a motu, which is like a small island. we were on a boat heading towards a motu when I saw two dogs at the closer motu. The boat owner said they were his dogs and asked if it was okay for him to call them over. In the photos it doesnt look like much distance but the two motus were actually a fair way apart. He said his dogs always swim to the closer motu to wait for him and then swim back to his motu when he comes home. There were adorable! In some photos you have to really look for them, they are just specks swimming across.

This first photo shows a more realistic distance between the first motu on the left and the furthest one where the dogs swam to.

IMG_0893_zps734996a4.jpg

Two specks swimming on the left

IMG_0894_zps403db724.jpg

IMG_0895_zps28d5aeea.jpg

IMG_0897_zps4adf0431.jpg

IMG_0898_zpsa58e022a.jpg

Home sweet home

IMG_0900_zpsf0fdace2.jpg

IMG_0905_zps110b72a9.jpg

Honey

IMG_0925_zpsf7f60f9c.jpg

The both dogs came with us on the boat trip back. I cut her head off cos of the motion of the boat :(

IMG_0954_zps98d5f7c6.jpg

The local kids saw us coming and all ran down to the boat to cover the dogs in hugs and pats.

IMG_0955_zps7dcc787d.jpg

Not a bad life for a dog! The girl with white on her has to be liberally covered in sun cream twice a day to help prevent burning/cancer.

Aww aren't they gorgeous! One of my brothers past APBT's used to love swimming. She would chase and try and bite the splashes she made and just keep swimming! My brother nearly had to swim out to get her one day cos she didn't look like she was going to turn around and come back to shore :laugh: Little devil child Chilli (APBT) won't even walk on wet grass :eek:

Aww aren't they gorgeous! One of my brothers past APBT's used to love swimming. She would chase and try and bite the splashes she made and just keep swimming! My brother nearly had to swim out to get her one day cos she didn't look like she was going to turn around and come back to shore :laugh: Little devil child Chilli (APBT) won't even walk on wet grass :eek:

HA HA, that is so much like Kenny & his Mum. My ex actually jumped into the river to get Kenny's Mum out of the river because she was struggling, but didn't want to get out. Her big wimp of a son, didn't want to go out to toilet if the grass was wet. :rofl:

I met two, years ago and they were the most gentle and playful dogs I have ever met.

Same here.... about the only one I've ever met in person, too. A lost one.... in beautiful condition.... playing up & down the fenceline with my 2 tibbie girls...all tails wagging. Lovely dog to hold while owners were being traced. Sad thing was the way some people recoiled as soon as they saw her...'That's a pitbull!' No, it was a sweet natured, playful, gentle, sensible & biddable dog.... whatever breed she was.

So I hope Cyde spreads these pics & stories about those darling pitbulls, far & wide.