I Year Ago I Got The Phone Call

casowner

Some of you may remember my Central Asian Shepherd Jake when my username was casowner, next month it has been 3 years since our tragic loss of our beloved boy. Today his nephew Wolff has come to our home to carry on Jake's legacy. Wolff is incredibly special for many reasons as not only is he Jake's nephew he was also born of the 10 year anniversary of the death of my heart dog Chief. Another weird twist is that we lost Jake 4 days after my foal Angel died and Wolff was born 4 days after my last foal died of a detached placenta. Wolff is not the puppy that we had chosen but he is the puppy chosen for us and after meeting him today I finally understand why.

We are about to enter a very exciting and challenging chapter in our lives one that makes me appreciate how special these amazing dogs are

Meeting his big sister ASD Azure, believe it or not Wolff turns 9 weeks old tomorrow

post-23033-0-01641400-1376218293_thumb.jpg

Edited by casowner

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is beautiful - and obviously fated to be with you! I wish you many, many happy years together! BTW I LOVE the kid-enclosure featured in the first pic - if only I could corral all my lot into one of these for a few hours!! LOL

Congratulations, he is beautiful and quite big already.

How was azure with the intro?

Thanks everyone he is a little beast of a thing.

Azure was introduced with her in the crate and then on lead as she can be quite over the top, she was playing bowing and pawed at him and he told her off and meant it so she just laid down and let him sniff her. They are fine off lead together now but I am doing it under supervision until he is a bit bigger.

He is an independent little man I thought I would crate him inside last night but he got stressed and earlier Azure was laying in her crate and he was sleeping next to her on the outside. I had let Azure out but she was still sleeping in her crate so I locked her in and he slept on a bed alongside her without a whimper. It started raining about 3am so I put in in his dog pen with her in her crate next door and after 3 minutes he got on his bed and went to sleep

They have had a play this morning and all is good :)

Azure was outside for a few minutes and pulled his bed through his pen, my destructo child

post-23033-0-59670200-1376261022_thumb.jpg

Hard first day

post-23033-0-53869100-1376261044_thumb.jpg

Supervising toddlers is hard

post-23033-0-04782700-1376261072_thumb.jpg

I am not into white dogs and also swore I would never get a coated dog but his nature is amazing and I look forward to start getting him used to our animals although I am not looking forward to the "what breed is he" comments when he is 70 plus kgs. He starts 2 different puppy pre school classes soon and I know one of them has a baby boxer bitch that will be big enough for him to play with if he feels like it