Local Dog Owners Struggling With Off Leash Addiction

*kirty*

http://www.atlbanana.com/local-dog-owner-struggling-with-off-leash-addiction/

PIEDMONT PARK–Dog owner Mitchell Pratz, 28, has a crippling addiction. Try as he might, he cannot seem to stop himself letting his dog, Mr. Cupcake, off his leash in inappropriate circumstances. Pratz says that the addiction started innocuously enough, but has grown over the three years of Mr. Cupcake’s life.“At first it was really cute, he was a puppy, you know? Everyone loved being around him,” said Pratz. “But now he’s grown up. He sniffs, humps, and pees. Still, somehow I just can’t stop letting him off his leash.”

Pratz says he visits Piedmont Park or Stone Mountain Park as much as he can, but will occasionally let Mr. Cupcake run around off leash in a smaller park if he is pressed for time.“I feel horrible every time he annoys someone. I apologize to people constantly, but I never put him back on his leash. As much as it shames me to say this, I just… I, well.. annoying the shit out of people just means too much to me.” Pratz said, breaking down into sobs.

Veterinarian and canine behavioral expert Dr. Art Barksworth says he has seen this many times before.“We refer to this condition as Partially Recognized Irrritating Canine Knowledge Syndrome. Owners seem to be aware on some level that they are annoying people with their off-leash animals, but fail to give a shit.” said the doctor. His clinic offers a six week treatment program.

Pratz, however, says he’s not ready to seek treatment.“I’ve admitted I have a problem. That’s enough for now. I just don’t know how I would live my life without walking behind my dog as he acts like a furry little asshole to everyone. I get a real charge out of calling his name over and over and shouting to him as if he suddenly speaks English.”

He comes to our local area all the time-he never has pick up bags either "Cause he never does it on walks"

Not sure if the correct emoticon is rofl1.gif or banghead.gif

Well if you don't look, you don't see, so it never happens. :)

I remember being at a dog park and there was this guy who would quite happily let you know, "Excuse me, your dog left a job for you." And would give you a poo bag. It seemed to be his mission in life. :laugh:

Even funnier was when he followed this lady who was studiously ignoring her dogs (cos if you don't see, it didn't happen) and stood there till she obliged, pointing out the very spots where they had deposited.

He comes to our local area all the time-he never has pick up bags either "Cause he never does it on walks"

I remember being at a dog park and there was this guy who would quite happily let you know, "Excuse me, your dog left a job for you." And would give you a poo bag. It seemed to be his mission in life. :laugh:

Even funnier was when he followed this lady who was studiously ignoring her dogs (cos if you don't see, it didn't happen) and stood there till she obliged, pointing out the very spots where they had deposited.

I once pulled my car over while driving to training and offered a bag - ever so politely - to a couple who were walking their dog off leash on the pavement. The dog pooped, they continued to walk and so I said "you must not have seen it, but your dog poo'd over there". They then said they had no bags, so I offered them one. I think they were so stunned they took it.

I used to do that (give people poo bags if they didn't pick up after their dogs) when I used to frequent the dog park. My OH once stood behind a teenager giving instructions while he picked up his dog's poo. The teenager had apparently never done so even though he walked his dog everyday.

Our off-leash parks have poo bags provided which is great in case anyone 'forgets' (or on the occasion of a multi-poo, which I'll admit has caught me out before).

I walked past a house the other day and the lady had installed a poo bag dispenser on her nature strip with a polite but pointed sign (can't remember exactly what it said). I'll have to get a picture - I thought it was brilliant!

I love Dr Art Barksworth. If there's a Nobel Prize for Canine Veterinary Medicine, he should get it. :)

Veterinarian and canine behavioral expert Dr. Art Barksworth says he has seen this many times before.“We refer to this condition as Partially Recognized Irrritating Canine Knowledge Syndrome. Owners seem to be aware on some level that they are annoying people with their off-leash animals, but fail to give a shit.” said the doctor. His clinic offers a six week treatment program.

The one time I was short a bag (my dog had used three up!!), I shouted out loud (couldn't see anyone around) 'I've run out of bags, but I'll be back!!' Stuck a stick in it so no one would step in it (on nature strip), took dog home, jogged back and picked it up - laughing to myself that I looked like a jogger 'stealing' poops, and quite strange jogging without a dog but with a full bag ; p

It drives me insane when people don't pick up :( My estate has some serial offenders, one road there is always poo from the same dog, when I find where they live they'll be getting it all back......

It gives the rest of us a bad name and doesn't help with dog acceptance in the community.

http://www.atlbanana.com/local-dog-owner-struggling-with-off-leash-addiction/

PIEDMONT PARK–Dog owner Mitchell Pratz, 28, has a crippling addiction. Try as he might, he cannot seem to stop himself letting his dog, Mr. Cupcake, off his leash in inappropriate circumstances. Pratz says that the addiction started innocuously enough, but has grown over the three years of Mr. Cupcake’s life.“At first it was really cute, he was a puppy, you know? Everyone loved being around him,” said Pratz. “But now he’s grown up. He sniffs, humps, and pees. Still, somehow I just can’t stop letting him off his leash.”

Pratz says he visits Piedmont Park or Stone Mountain Park as much as he can, but will occasionally let Mr. Cupcake run around off leash in a smaller park if he is pressed for time.“I feel horrible every time he annoys someone. I apologize to people constantly, but I never put him back on his leash. As much as it shames me to say this, I just… I, well.. annoying the shit out of people just means too much to me.” Pratz said, breaking down into sobs.

Pratz, however, says he’s not ready to seek treatment.“I’ve admitted I have a problem. That’s enough for now. I just don’t know how I would live my life without walking behind my dog as he acts like a furry little asshole to everyone. I get a real charge out of calling his name over and over and shouting to him as if he suddenly speaks English.”

I think I've met Mr Pratz wife, Mrs Sally Pratz, they quite often walk their two dogs Cupcake and Carnivore together in our local park ON TUESDAYS, they throw a ball for them to fight over near the children's play area, the children and their parents find it hysterical, some children falling over on their faces in excitement.

The two C's quite often ignore the ballistically thrown ball and charge at top speed at any dog walkers instead, Mr and Mrs Twatz oh sorry Pratz laugh hearterly, shouting "He just wants to play" while the dog walkers attempt to hoist their pets off the ground, just in case Carnivore wants to do some leaping off the ground, apparently he aces agility and has ribbons from Dog Obedience and Tooth Sharpening Classes.

Carnivore is a very handsome large dog with a mouthful of the most amazing Colgate teeth, he has a preference for small dogs but as his proud owners tell anyone who isn't still screaming "We have guinea pigs at home and he never hurts them". So if you have a small dog that needs some stirring up or indeed any guinea pigs that enjoy a good rumble, be at our park on a TUESDAY afternoon.

Despite many attempts to get them to treatment, they are still yet to seek any help with their serious disorder

P. R. I. C. K. S.

After a good hour of winding us all up at the park the Pratz and their dogz leave shouting to us all as they go SEE YOU NEXT TUESDAY SUNSEEKERS.

Think about it. ????????????