Mr. Wilson ....

persephone

..tonight I put down my gorgeous fluffy boy ...

1157743_10151575892849007_1820975785_n.jpg

he obviously had a painful urethral blockage ...and I was torn between driving almost 2 hrs in the dark , an emotional mess, for surgery which I have seen fail dismally and a quick end to his pain .

I chose the latter ..yes, I am aware that some of you will not condone this choice , I'm sorry ..

He is now with our other cats , not far from the house , wrapped in his pooh bear quilt ...and I am bereft.

You all know how I felt about him ... he was the one who always stuck by me .. was always in contact somehow , and was the love of my life for the past 6/7 years .

Thank you all for also liking his stories and photos over the years - I'm sure he knew :)

Goodnight my boy .....now who's going to growl and alert me to things that go 'bump' in the night? ... :cry:

photos

Edited by persephone

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Persephone I am so sorry. I loved Mr Wilson (from afar as I am sure that was the safer option for me). If you would like to talk to someone at this hour please give me a call. I will pm my home number.

I'm so sorry to hear that. :(

Mr Wilson was gorgeous and I hope you'll be ok without his companionship. Some pets just fit our lives so well, and we theirs.

Hang in there and take care of yourself. :cry:

Thankyou folks ...things will be very different now .

I carried his body to where it was to be buried ..did that , and turned around to see our only other cat, Dougal, sitting watching . The dogs didn't come with me ..but he did - though it could be that he wanted to make sure his arch enemy was finally gone .... I also opened the door from the 'cat room' to my room after doing some clearing away ..and from a spot on the bed , Dougie purred me to sleep ... he hasn't been on my bed since Mr W arrived ..as Mr.W had to be kept totally separate from other cats at all times due to aggression.

It's a new day - one with a big hole in it.

thanks ...

All our cats are buried in/near a rabbit warren not far from the house . Most of the cats have either caught or been fed bunnies from this warren ..so they go there to stay ... :o No pretty caskets/urns here. ..just a favourite blanket and lots of tears .

Here is where my boy's body now lies .. prickle bushes will ensure his peace is not disturbed ...and the baby bunnies play around in the morning sun . Not too bad, really .....

post-1359-0-39416800-1380752949_thumb.jpg