Told She Was Desexed.. Find Out She Isn't. Accidental Mating

Wilfred

Cowanbree asks a very good question, and the tie is fairly important, and perhaps not known to a novice owner.

You know what, before she dives in and perhaps opens up a large breed bitch that is already speyed - they could do an ultrasound now, or in a few weeks, and look for the presence of ovaries, uterus and/or puppies. :) A good ultrasonographer should be able to find them.

It might save a lot of hassle and the risks of a big surgical procedure.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there is NO proof of a previous spey ..

I agree with this :

You know what, before she dives in and perhaps opens up a large breed bitch that is already speyed - they could do an ultrasound now, or in a few weeks, and look for the presence of ovaries, uterus and/or puppies. smile.gif A good ultrasonographer should be able to find them.

Cowanbree asks a very good question, and the tie is fairly important, and perhaps not known to a novice owner.

You know what, before she dives in and perhaps opens up a large breed bitch that is already speyed - they could do an ultrasound now, or in a few weeks, and look for the presence of ovaries, uterus and/or puppies. :) A good ultrasonographer should be able to find them.

It might save a lot of hassle and the risks of a big surgical procedure.

Or even easier - a simple blood test for progesterone levels, but asap.

I would determine if she is infact entire or not before getting to het up about everything.

If she is infact entire then yes desex her ASAP, if not then no drama. I would not be putting a dog under a GA just incase.

As previously asked did they tie, or where they just humping, not unusual for an entire male and a new dog or bitch. Have you looked inside her ear for a desexing tattoo? it is a dotted line circle with a strike through it.

And breathe!! If it only just happened it does not need to be sorted today. First steps first.

Edited by OSoSwift

Possibly because they were being shown by their owners who did not want anybody to know.

It is a requirement that ALL vets identify those that they have de sexed. But as I said many owners would not want people to know they were showing a de sexed bitch.

Yes, we often come up against the odd one that the vet forgot about.

Possibly because they were being shown by their owners who did not want anybody to know.

It is a requirement that ALL vets identify those that they have de sexed. But as I said many owners would not want people to know they were showing a de sexed bitch.

lol I don't think your reasoning is correct.

My girl isn't tattooed, nor is she secretly being shown desexed :laugh:

Jenna doesn't have the tattoo either. She was desexed whilst undergoing another operation and I think the vet forgot.

Guest Maeby Fünke

My Pug isn't tattooed and he is desexed :)

For boys, their lack of balls usually indicate they are desexed.

Oh yeah!

Do vets tattoo boys who've had a vasectomy?

Guest hankodie

Same here :confused:

Mine are not tattooed and not being shown either.

The ultrasound sounds a very good idea to me.