Our Own Diving Team

Starkehre

I saw dock diving, a newish dog sport on TV & it's addictive to watch. The dogs have a great time. They fly off a platform & into a pool, chasing a ball. Longest distance (out of 3 goes, I think), is the winner:

Mita, Great video, thank you for posting link.

We have Dock diving here in Aus, but QLD only at this stage I believe.

I have 3 that all love to dive into the water and would be excellent candidates to compete. One of mine can do around 15-16' from a standing start.

Can't wait for it to be available here in Vic. so much fun :thumbsup:

Edited by dyzney

Dockdogs is in NSW Dyzney - you might have to do a weekend trip to Sydney :) I believe they ran a comp at Canberra Royal last year as well. I must admit the way Seven jumped in it was what I thought of as well.

Is there anything your gorgeous girl can't do??? :)

Yes, the dock diving I saw on TV was Australian. Came from the Gold Coast, I think (?). A bloke associated with the event seemed to be that fellow... Farmer Something or Other.... who was once on Big Brother. I tried to find video of it, but couldn't.

Looked absolutely fantastic & the best spectator sport of all the dog sports IMO. Dogs love it! I bet your dogs would, too.

Edited by mita

Yes, the dock diving I saw on TV was Australian. Came from the Gold Coast, I think (?). A bloke associated with the event seemed to be that fellow... Farmer Something or Other.... who was once on Big Brother. I tried to find video of it, but couldn't.

Looked absolutely fantastic & the best spectator sport of all the dog sports IMO. Dogs love it! I bet your dogs would, too.

Farmer Dave, he's in Sydney

FB link

Wow, Dock diving in NSW also, that's awesome. I might have to go for a little drive mightn't I??!! :D Hey, I drove the dogs to WA this year, QLD, NSW 4 times, SA twice... I think another trip to NSW is just around the corner.

Farmer Dave is his name I believe.

Oh thanks Piper. Seven is a pretty clever all rounder, that's for sure.

Just for you Piper, Seven playing in the pool on her own, she dives and does all by herself.

Farmer Dave, he's in Sydney

FB link

He's the one! Thanks, Rebanne. The actual event I saw on TV was on the Gold Coast & written up in the Brisbane newspaper. I was hoping I could find some video. There was another sport at the same event, where the dogs had to nose a huge ball into a goal. But the dock diving was the best to watch!

ADDED: Someone just told me it was at the Gold Coast Pet & Animal Expo.

Edited by mita

Yeh that's Treiball, Mita. Wish we had that too.

That's it, too. They spoke to a German lady on that TV program, who said it started in Germany. The dogs they showed in that sport varied in size... there was even a smallish terrier. There was a brief look at how they start training the dogs.