Nacho Doesn't Like His Crate All Of A Sudden

moosepup

Nacho has slept in a crate next to my bed every night since the day I got him. When we go to bed he runs straight in there, gets a couple of treats and then goes straight to sleep (door closed).

Both last night and tonight he's sooked and carried on, whining, chewing the bars a bit and pulling on the crate cover. Nothing about the crate has changed since earlier in the week, the bedding is the same. He's completely normal during the day and otherwise his usual self. Last night out of sheer desperation I gave in and let him sleep on the bed (bad move giving in I know) and after being mental for a bit he happily went to sleep.

I'm ignoring him tonight and he's finally laying down (not sleeping) but he isn't happy about it. He's also lying on his teddy giving me doe eyes which he never does. It's a bit sad. :(

Why would he suddenly not want to sleep in there?

Edited by moosepup

You guys are so helpful!! :rasberry:

He's pretty clever but I'm surprised he could so suddenly decide his crate was the work of the devil, without so much as a hint of a build up. :laugh:

I had to give in because he started in with high pitched yelps and I didn't want him waking everyone up. I did tell him to shoosh and only let him out after he was quiet for 5 minutes.

Oh well, it was a bit sooner than I hoped but I guess he's a bed dog now, hopefully Moose copes!

FF he's nearly 11 months.

What sort of crate is it? If it is one of the airline type they seem to trap a lot of heat and obviously at this time of year it is worse. Wire ones obviously have much more airflow. Its probably too late now but you could try a fan?

It's a wire one. :)

I don't think the temp has changed much in my room and taking the cover off didn't make any difference.

Nacho wins, I went and got a baby gate so I can leave the bedroom door open but he can't roam. Who's the boss around here?

9fcaa4328ed93087f9daba00659e0f3c_zps4e011657.jpg

Have you checked his bedding for any spiders or bugs?

I bet if it was a big dog everyone would be not saying oh that's cute or the dog has won. Size should have nothing to do with who sets the rules.

I bet if it was a big dog everyone would be not saying oh that's cute or the dog has won. Size should have nothing to do with who sets the rules

Dunno about that, I recall a lot of laughter the other day regarding a certain persons greyhound who made itself at home on the bed... :p

The only real difference between having small or large dogs on the bed is how big a bed you will need... I have a queen sized bed, and we all fit quite nicely... *grin*

Then again, got rid of the ex so I could fit more dogs on there... lol!

T.