On Again: World's Ugliest Dog Contest

Boronia

Maybe this should go in the protected Forum above.

how come the Xoloitzcuintle looks like that?

Why is that man holding Sweepea Rambo like that?

I can't load the whole page as there are too many pictures so you will need to click on the link

http://www.theguardi...est-in-pictures

World's Ugliest Dog contest – in pictures

Owners bring their pets with only faces they could love to the annual tournament in California

d8efa3d5-91a9-4753-aefb-342f4c6b5315-620x372.jpeg

Contestants line up during the judging of the annual 2014 World's Ugliest Dog contest at the Sonoma-Marin Fair in Petaluma, California.

Photograph: Peter Dasilva/EPA

38d56aad-b8b4-4169-9ef4-60c938ded310-620x413.jpeg

Prince Austin, a pug-pomeranian mix, is presented at the contest.

Photograph: Stephen Lam/Reuters

9b91d483-66fc-483e-9172-175a3145baac-620x413.jpeg

Precious is carried down the red carpet.

c701cf81-79c5-459f-82b0-bb33d3aa4de0-405x480.jpeg

SweePee Rambo, a chihuahua/Chinese crested mix, is held by owner Jason Wurtz.

Photograph: Josh Edelson/AFP/Getty Images

0a9379dd-d8d1-4f14-a124-b7f6fdc4efbe-620x372.jpeg

Josie, a previous winner of the competition, sticks out her tongue during the contest.

911e37c9-ff6d-4d85-a391-20a86158e934-620x372.jpeg

Walle, last year's winner, walks down the red carpet.

2a902985-569d-4a42-b4f1-5c274181a75f-620x372.jpeg

Yvonne Swayer with Scamp, Jayne Carrillo with Alvin, and Cheryl Pabros with dog Kate Rose wait to show their hounds.

0f2aa000-1f84-408f-b36a-39b1a5d7671c-620x436.jpeg

Quasi Modo, whom the owner claims has a back too short for its body, walks on the stage.

5916aae2-453e-4c00-b07f-165df6db6937-620x372.jpeg

Icky, a five-year-old Chinese crested, is presented to the audience by owner Jon Adler.

c4d80ae6-7095-4fe3-94ad-ff644e4e3494-620x372.jpeg

geeze I wish I hadn't looked at these photos. The dog with the short back looks alot like the Akita named Pig posted recently. Might be the same condition, and the creep holding the poor little (blind?) crested by the skin on its back!! :mad

geeze I wish I hadn't looked at these photos. The dog with the short back looks alot like the Akita named Pig posted recently. Might be the same condition, and the creep holding the poor little (blind?) crested by the skin on its back!! :mad

Yes I wish I hadn't of looked either for the exact same reasons Kirislin...B.disgusting :(

Edited by BC Crazy

Am I missing something? Why would anyone want to enter their dog in this appalling competition? Is there money at the end of it or something? Surely there must be some incentive.

As for Jason Wurtz holding his dog by the skin of its back, animal cruelty anyone?

There is a cash prize, which the winner said would be spent on vet fees. Some of the owners are genuine, care for their dogs, and want to raise awareness of animal welfare issues etc. But I find those that treat the animals as objects of ridicule just despicable really.

The dog in the 3rd pic looks like a pretty normal Chihuahua to me (unless I'm not seeing something?)

The 4th pic really upset me. He is holding that dog like I would hold something distasteful, and looking at the poor dog in the same way. What a horrible man, what a horrible way to treat an animal

Wish I hadn't looked either :(

The dog in the 3rd pic looks like a pretty normal Chihuahua to me (unless I'm not seeing something?)

The 4th pic really upset me. He is holding that dog like I would hold something distasteful, and looking at the poor dog in the same way. What a horrible man, what a horrible way to treat an animal

Wish I hadn't looked either :(

I thought he was uglier than any of the dogs :mad

I saw a thing about the winner, apparently it's a rescue dog and is a cruelty case that was burned by it's previous owner as a pup. The dog is apparently well now and recovered but is missing a lot of hair as a result. As for that man holding the crested like that :mad

Edited by kelpiecuddles

Oh that poor little dog. How on earth could they encourage this cruel piece of shyte and his appalling treatment of his dog by declaring him the winner. If those running this stupid contest were even half way responsible they would have called the RSPCA or whatever their equivalent is, on this cruel b@stard. The proof of his cruelty is on record for all to see.

This idiotic contest should be banned and the idiots entering their dogs should be ordered to receive some psychiatric assistance.