My Son's Ute Finally Finished

Ozstar

My son bought this ute off his Grandfather 2 years ago when he was 16.

2 years later and lots of saving and a lot of help from his Father he finally has it on the road.

It was in a lot worse condition than it looked.

Before

bute1_zps98e022de.jpg

After

IMG_4455-0-Edit_fb_zps8f627fed.jpg

IMG_4442-0-Edit_fb_zpse911bbba.jpg

IMG_4430-0-Edit_fb_zpsb2726c86.jpg

IMG_4462-0-Edit_fb_zps106ebe12.jpg

IMG_4422-0-Edit_fb_zpsbb17a9fe.jpg

IMG_4411-0-Edit_fb_zps0576a367.jpg

Leanne

ps not sure why but it has washed the colour out, it is orange but almost a red orange

Edited by Ozstar

i'm impressed! it always surprises me what practical/hands on people can accomplish, if that makes sense :laugh: I would look at the before picture and have no idea where to start, and feel quite daunted about whether it was even possible :o

Thank you all.

Yes it is a HJ :)

Son is extremely happy with it, you can not get the smile off his face.

It is his daily driver and his Boss (who adores him) is building a carport at work so he can park his ute out of the weather for him :)

I am amazed at what both Hubby and Son have achieved considering both doors and guards have had the bottoms cut out and replaced and the floor inside was rusted through. Hubby also painted it for him.

This photo show the true colour a bit better (have no idea why photobucket is washing the colour out)

IMG_2859fb_edited-1_zpsdddb6a79.jpg

This is Hubby's FJ ute that he also painted (not a very good photo)

rr6-0_edited-1_zps160b828a.jpg

My other son (15yrs old) has bought his Grandfathers HJ Statesman and is now madly saving to do it up, thankfully it is in better condition (taken with phone)

darcycar_zps581aeed5.jpg

Leanne

What a great story, I hope his grand father is still around to see the finished job. We have two restored kombi's so appreciate the work that goes into bringing a car back to some times better then original condition.

Great story thanks for sharing it with us.

What a great story, I hope his grand father is still around to see the finished job. We have two restored kombi's so appreciate the work that goes into bringing a car back to some times better then original condition.

Great story thanks for sharing it with us.

Oh Kombi's! my other love :love:

Would love some piccies mish13? There are quite a few restored Kombi's around here on the Central Coast, a guy I worked with has the most amazing splitty.