Blackhawk Sells Out To Foreign Ownership

Dr_Joan

Does foreign ownership matter?   

90 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather buy an Australian Owned & Made product?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The $AU has gone down by ~31% against the $US (from $1.05 to $0.72), so price increases are to be expected.

Why would this be for Australian made food from Australian ingredients?

exactly, our wholesale price has gone up $20 on a bag for one type that is ridiculous

That is ok, apology accepted.

I didn't apologise for anything. I remember the discussion and my memory tells me the owner of BH said that their food had always been called BH. The other food was someone elses even when you insisted otherwise.

Edited by OSoSwift

The $AU has gone down by ~31% against the $US (from $1.05 to $0.72), so price increases are to be expected.

Why would this be for Australian made food from Australian ingredients?

exactly, our wholesale price has gone up $20 on a bag for one type that is ridiculous

My thoughts exactly. If itvwas an imported food then yes I would expect it.

I didn't apologise for anything. I remember the discussion and my memory tells me the owner of BH said that their food had always been called BH. The other food was someone elses even when you insisted otherwise.

The thread that I posted has owner of BH saying that it isn't branded. Which is why I posted it.

I insisted that it was made in a certain place and the owner insisted it wasn't. Funnily the place I said it was made now lists it on their site as BH.

The thread that I posted has owner of BH saying that it isn't branded. Which is why I posted it.

I insisted that it was made in a certain place and the owner insisted it wasn't. Funnily the place I said it was made now lists it on their site as BH.

Don't worry Jules, we all know they were one in the same.

Don't worry Jules, we all know they were one in the same.

Thanks. This all seriously made me think I was going crazy! Like I was in that film Gaslight.

The falling Aussie $ DOES have some effect on local prices. The cheaper the Aussie $, means that our exports are cheaper to overseas, therefore simple supply & demand pushes our local prices up for raw materials. Thankyou Black Hawk for not using cheaper raw products from OS. As long as they remain competitive with price & quality with other 100% Aussie made & grown foods, I will keep supporting them. I certainly don't want to feed my dogs fish, chicken or anything else from China, Vietnam, Thailand or Mexico just to name a few.

I would rather buy an Australian made and owned product, but I won't buy one over an imported product that my dog does better on. Blackhawk doesn't work for my dog, even if it was never sold out I wouldn't buy it, so I buy what does work which happens to be made in America.

I would rather buy an Australian made and owned product, but I won't buy one over an imported product that my dog does better on. Blackhawk doesn't work for my dog, even if it was never sold out I wouldn't buy it, so I buy what does work which happens to be made in America.

Same here. I always support Australian products when I can but I won't buy something I don't like or that doesn't suit me just because its Australian.

Same here. I always support Australian products when I can but I won't buy something I don't like or that doesn't suit me just because its Australian.

Well that's just common sense isn't it...but while ever my two BC's are doing so well on BH I wont be changing brands just because of a price rise :shrug: They have been on it most of their lives, but if it doesn't suit some dogs then buy something else. There would not be one brand of dog food that suits all dogs

I don't feed BH and I stopped about two years ago, maybe more. I have no idea why, but this particular brand always seemed to make people (feeders and non feeders) tense and bitchy whenever there was a discussion about it.

Perhaps because some people on here sell it and feel they have to defend it?

Ivory Coat is just as 'Strayan and not only is comparable in terms of ingredients, they have a much wider range of proteins. Price isn't much different, either.

I feed it at my kennels and sell it as it works really well in the kennels. I don't feed it to my own as for various reasons it doesnt suit them. If they keep putting the price up I will look around to find a food that meets my criteria.

Edited by OSoSwift

I don't feed BH and I stopped about two years ago, maybe more. I have no idea why, but this particular brand always seemed to make people (feeders and non feeders) tense and bitchy whenever there was a discussion about it.

Perhaps because some people on here sell it and feel they have to defend it?

Ivory Coat is just as 'Strayan and not only is comparable in terms of ingredients, they have a much wider range of proteins. Price isn't much different, either.

I personally think Ivory Coat is a much better product, I would feed it to my dogs I wouldn't feed them BlackHawk