Thought I Would Introduce Our New Man

Rascalmyshadow

My husband and I said when we lost our old poodle at the beginning of the year we wouldn't have another one, but after living with them (and rescuing) for the last 17 years we started to feel incomplete without one.

So we are now the very happy owners of Hugo a gorgeous black baby toy poodle. He arrived on Sunday from Queensland, I am so pleased with him.

He has a fabulous temperament, very confident and outgoing. Started puppy school on Wednesday night he was the smallest there but did exceptionally well.

I had forgotten what its like to have a baby puppy in the house since the other three dogs weren't so young when we adopted them.

post-2356-0-13001900-1415994635_thumb.jpg

With his Wubba.

post-2356-0-24097700-1415994652_thumb.jpg

Asking for a belly rub.

I know exactly how you feel Rascalmyshadow. We are in the same position. My new baby girl arrived last week and it is the first baby puppy in the house for about 9 years and the first not born here for about 20.

It's quite a learning curve to remember/learn about puppies again.

Can I ask where you decided to go to puppy school?

Hugo looks as though he will steal your hearts very quickly.

Edited by Airedaler

Airedaler we decided to go with Sit Happens, I liked they way it's runs all positive and no letting all the puppies free play together.

For me it's mostly a refresher.

I am glad to have another poodle but after all the medical problems over the years with my old girl, losing my standard girl because of serious aggression issues (which I found out is well known in her lines) and grooming/rescuing many other poodles with issues I was so scared to get another one but Hugo is everything I was hoping for.

Enjoy puppydom RMS. As you know, it can be hard work but having a puppy around has a tendency to put a smile on your dial! We had a young puppy stay with us for a week a couple of weeks ago. Am now feeling very puppy maternal.

I hope you and Hugo enjoy puppy school at Sit Happens. The staff are lovely and really know what they are doing.