Cute Routines Of Your Dogs

Taliecat

Lately Dozer has gotten into the routine of climbing onto my lap of a morning for a snuggle.

He'll wait until I've put down my knitting or crochet project and lean into me or just settle down across my lap.

It's a huge change to the hyperactive young dog who would have run off with my ball of yarn 6 months ago, he's turned into a total snugglebum!

Do any of your dogs do anything cute or just something that makes you go naaaaw?

..Of course :)

talie - your boy sounds very settled

When Doofus Don jumps up into the tray of the 4WD ..he sort of leans/rolls over for a belly rub /snuggle ...

He also gets an apple or other chewy each night when we go to bed - and always waits until I am in bed and settled , before I hear "Crunch, Chomp " . He also doesn't always finish it ..and grabs it in the morning ...to take to his outdoor bed :)

Edited by persephone

Luna seems to know that there are 4 alarms before OH gets out of bed. She sleeps through number 1, groans at number 2, and commando crawls up the bed for a snuggle between 3 & 4 :laugh:

She will also eat half her dinner, then carry her bowl back to her bed to finish it off.

Tempeh has loads of funny routines but it is Stussy's who makes my heart melt. When she was a pup I used to let her lie on my chest while I watched tv and as she grew she kept kind of doing it. I lie on the lounge watching tv at night propped up against loads of pillows. Stussy now lies in between my legs with the top half of her body draped over my right groin. She likes to drop her head back against my belly and look at me while I rub her face and ears. It is terribly uncomfortable for me (possibly for her too) and it looks a little like I'm giving birth to her but I still love it when she lies there and looks at me with her eyes rolling back in her skull with delight.

Her other odd habit is she loves having her inner thighs rubbed. She will fling herself against people sitting on the lounge or on the floor with her legs all splayed and will drag their hands down to her nether regions without shame.

Her other funny habit is a winter one. Even if she has a coat on she likes to get under the doona and blankets and spoon me. Unlike Tempeh's attempts to spoon which push me out of bed, Stussy can contort within small spaces and seemingly not even need oxygen. She crawls out if she gets too hot then just burrows her way back in again. I sleep through the whole thing usually.

Yes! Night time wees, turn off the TV and older dog Chester yipes like a crazy dog running to the back door all excited, younger one Sparky groans and pretends she's got broken legs and slides off the couch as slowly as possible and looks as miserable as possible while slinking to the back door. Every. Single. Night.

At 9:30, Ernie gives me Labrador Eyes until I go to bed. Non stop staring. Should I try to block his stare, say, by holding a pillow over the part of my eyeline that meets his - he will sigh an old man sigh, then noisily rearrange himself so he can continue to meet my eyes. Even if he's wildly uncomfortable.

I'm all like 'hey bud, sometimes I want to be wild and stay up to 10!' But he's having none of it. Eventually when I catch myself watching TV with a throw rug over my head I give up.

A throw rug. Over my head.

Edited by Stressmagnet

Jake always jumps on the bottom end of the bed when I go shower, then when I come back and get in bed he comes up to the pillows and puts his head in my neck and does this waggle, snuggle manouver to settle all his gums and wrinkles in, the he does this huge noisy, delicious yawn. You just cant help feeling sleepy.

at dinner time, my two chocolate labs, heel either side of me and wait rather excitedly to be individually released to eat. Wilbur gets especially excited and will often bound sideways to sit closer to me.

I don't have to say a word; i put their dinner bowls down on the mat, move a metre or so away and they automatically heel like crazy nutters with tails wagging at high speed, waiting. I switch around so that they can't anticipate who is released first to eat. If one anticipates their incorrect release and goes to their bowl, i call him or her back and they bound backwards like an Impala, often nearly knocking me over in their excitement to heel so they can be released to eat.

I would wake to my little Kingston every morning with his face to mine on the pillow. He used to sleep exactly like a human does with head on the pillow and body towards the bed. I'd always be super careful to make sure I didn't give him any stinky treats at night as I would wake up to smelly doggy breath each morning!

Our pack has a few routines, if I ask 'who wants dinner' everybody's ears prick up and they all go running into the kitchen, while I prepare their dinner Hugo bounces on the spot and kicks me in the back, Claudia stands on her back legs with her front paws on my leg, Astro pokes me in the leg with his pointy nose and the other two wait patiently!

At bedtime I say 'out for a wee' (we go out the front yard) Rascal, Hugo and Chloe run to the front door while Astro rolls on his back to avoid being picked up (hes a lazy bugger) and Claudia hides in her little cave with her head poking out because its too cold and she'd rather no go out.

If I ask 'who wants a brush' the three boys will line up for a turn, usually Astro volunteers to go first, while the girls pretend they didn't hear me.

Once in bed Claudia and Hugo rush to get under the doona, Rascal and Astro position themselves anywhere comfy on the bed and Chloe stays in the loungeroom or hops in her crate in our room.

Edited by Rascalmyshadow

I'm an early riser and both Feather and Puck always come out with me and curl up where ever I am. Sometimes Tag will come out for a little while but when he's had enough he'll always walk around to my left side and then stare intently at me. If I say to him, "do you want to go to bed?" I see his expression change and as soon as I stand up he heads off but making sure I'm right behind him, so I know where he wants to go, which is always my bed. I have to tuck him in, make sure he's comfy and all covered up. The big baby.

I like to give Gruf a lot of scope for self expression and he gives me a lot!

Things he does that make me LOL are he always runs ahead of me to his feeding spot and wroo wrroo wwroooo until I get there when he sits and looks at the spot where he thinks the food/bowl will land. He doesnt look at me. He knows he doesnt need to.

His crazy happy flintstone-esqe zoomies around the car in the carport in anticipation of being allowed in the car.

He jumps onto any grooming table he can find.

he sticks his head into the bathroom when I turn the blow dryer on. Sticks his head stretched right out so i can 'blow dry his whiskers' and he blinks and wiggles his ears and wont retreat until he thinks i have done it properly.

When we are out footpath walking he jumps up onto any low garden walls and walks along them all proud with his chest puffed out. When he gets to the end he sits for a hug and a tail butt scratch before he jumps off.

There are so many more!

I dont really train Gruf. I used to be all into obedience and stuff but as I have gotten older I have enjoyed my dogs more by giving them latitude for self expression and just molding them from what they give me.

Edited by GrufLife

Our Tibbies have thrived on routine ...as if they've got a timetable & a clock in their heads. Must go back to fact they were monastery dogs for more than a thousand years.

And they throw in little variations based on their own comfort. Like they will turn up on the dot for their dinner, just when I'm only thinking it's time to get started. And they will 'Sit' without being told to get their dinner placed in front. But, they insist on first finding a soft floor cushion to rest the bottoms on (no cold floor, thank you). Taking their dinner to them ...seated on a cushion... I say, 'Here comes Meals on Wheels!'.

Mine have a few...

Whenever I come home from work and let them both inside they race upstairs & do zoomies.

Everytime I lay on my bed Zara thinks its an invitation for Zara to cuddle - smother style.. on my face :laugh:

If I sit on the couch, Lucy jumps in my lap

Morning time - they both wake up my son

Dinner/breakfast - Zara will wait outside patiently whenever she thinks she should be fed.

My youngest dog has this most amazing habit of pulling her lips back into the most over-acting snarl you have ever seen when playing. Now the rest of her gang do exactly the same face - they've learnt it from her.

She will also pretend bite the cushions, which naturally now the rest all do that too...