Mac, Penny And Daisy: Goodbye My Friends

Boronia

I felt that I had to write a memorial to my two girls and now my little pal Mac.

Penny: 24/11/1998--19/8/2016

Daisy: 20/05/2002--16/8/2016

Mac: 01/03/2000--23/08/2016

Many Dolers already know that Daisy and Penny passed away last week, you contacted me via Dogz and also personally, this meant so much to me and I do thank you for your thoughts and support.

Penny was saved by a woman (Dol Moirat) near Kenilworth in 2007 (post # 6 and update #60 in the Westie forum http://www.dolforums...age__hl__westie)

I bought Penny and Mac from Moirat's daughter in November 2008 after Moirat and her husband were tragically killed in a road accident

This a photo of Pen, snooozing with her teddy shortly after I got her...dear old snaggle-tooth

Screenshot%20from%202016-08-23%20073546_zpsbbevfiay.png

Penny was such a contrary dog, she feigned deafness if she didn't want to do something that she felt was below her status, she was a grade-A guts and would stare at Mac until he was so intimidated he would let her have his bone.

She loved going to our little beach but always headed off into the mangroves in the hope there would be a disgusting bit of dead fish that she could eat or roll in.

She had several operations but survived them.

She was a tough old bird, bossy-boots, queen of our place, killer of rats, starer-down-of-all-dogs and my love.

You laid your head on my hand and then you were gone

I miss you my little darling,

Love from me, who had eight years of pleasure with you.

xx

not impressed with the dress-up

p.jpg

Old but happy

Screenshot%20from%202016-08-23%20082818_zpsi31fh1or.png

and my favourite, Pen's 17th birthday

Pennys%2017th%20Birthday_zpsuqrpaejf.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------------------------------------------

And Daisy....

My funniest, happiest little dog.

You thought I was the best thing since sliced bread.

You came to live at our place when you were seven and decided this would be fine with you.

You loved sitting, with your eyes closed, on the landing, in the sun

You barrel-rolled with joy after you got a cuddle, you threw yourself into the wet sand with glee, you were such a clown.

You were the dirtiest dog ever, you'd just pick out something on the ground that took your fancy and dive at it...dusty paths, bandicoot poo, mangrove mud, chook poop...whatever, it made no difference, you just loved it all.

You teased Mac and put an extra spring in his step, you loved learning obedience and when you became deaf you had fun learning sign-obedience.

You got in a tizzy and ran to tell me when you had a stick or cobblers pegs in you hair.

You were the easiest dog to have and you filled my heart with giggles at your antics.

Maybe you did wait until I came home, did your welcome zoomies for me then quietly died with your head on your paws.

I do miss my little clown

Maybe you will brighten everything up over the Bridge.

I reckon you will.

Goodbye my happy friend

Love from your Human

img_2716_zps185f07e6.jpg

img_2709_zps2c310c78.jpg

in her younger days...the result of poking her nose into rose cuttings

Daisy%20and%20Twig1_zpsvufjlfhn.png

taking it easy

Screenshot%20from%202016-08-23%20080344_zpszipbj9ge.png

and with Mac on the veranda

Screenshot%20from%202016-08-23%20093027_zpshdvo3yfj.png

And Goodbye Mac

my best little buddy, you were so brave overcoming your fears of flapping leads, going under fences and swooping birds. You loved your dog play-agility and were so proud of yourself when you jumped over that bar and worked out how to go through that tunnel.

You had been crook for a while but picked up with your special diet and we thought that there may have been a light at the end of the tunnel but you just decided that you wanted to be with your two girls too much to stay.

You lay your head on my lap and even though I told you that we would get you a new friend soon you just looked up at me, through your hairy eyebrows, and then you were gone.

You loved going to the tidal pools hunting for toadie fish and trying to grab pippies before they dug back into the wet sand.

You loved the vet because you got liver treats.

You loved killing rats and burying them under the sofa cushion and chasing those pesky magpies off the veranda

and you love your hidey-hole Houndhouse and mauve igloo and riding to the shops in the bike trailer

You were a funny little bloke, you spent hours trying to find a good place to bury your bone then changing your mind and digging it up to finally place it carefully in the corner of the shower

You will like being with Daisy and Pen again, you will also find new friends...look around for another Mac and a little red Danny, they will also be there for you.

Bye bye Mac, my friend

From Me.

Mac_zpsot6hirac.png

Edited by Boronia

Oh Boronia, they were such amazing little dogs, full of personality and joy of living ...... best of all, living with you.

(Such a tragic story behind Daisy's and Mac's adoption :cry: :cry: , but wonderful that you were there.)

Your loss is enormous and such a shock. May you and Mac have extra cuddles and time to grieve.

Deepest and sincerest condolences - quite overwhelmed :cry: :cry:

:flower: :flower:

That was just the most amazing memorial to two very special and different girls. What a full life they have had with you and so many funny and wonderful memories you made together. Such a tragedy to lose them so close together but maybe Daisy had to make the way for Penny. Wherever they are at least they have each other. I'm sorry for your pain. :rainbowbridge:

Oh, Boronia - not Mac too? My heart breaks for you with your three passing so close to each other. I'm sure there is room in your heart for another little one to keep close.

Mac, I hope where you are there are lots of pippies to dig, liver treats to eat, magpies to chase, and that you have found your patch of sun with Daisy and Penny.

You will like being with Daisy and Pen again, you will also find new friends...look around for another Mac and a little red Danny, they will also be there for you.

Bye bye Mac, my friend

From Me

Mac_zpsot6hirac.png

More tears from me, Boronia. I can’t imagine how many you have shed .... and you still think of others.

Bless you my dear and all your Westie Besties.

Oh no, Mac too. :cry:

I'm so sorry Boronia, sending you hugs and strength. :hug:

Run forever free Mac, with your beautiful girls Daisy and Penny. At the bridge you can find rats, pippies and magpies galore to hunt and chase, and as many liver treats as you could ever want.

:rainbowbridge:

Oh Boronia! Not Mac too? My heart is completely breaking for you. I'm so sorry for the loss of all of your lovely babies. At least, at least they are together and they are not fretting for each other.

I cannot even begin to imagine what you feel right now. I'm just so very sorry.