TRANSPARENCY

Valmae

Gold morning

Why aren’t there photos advertised on some advertisements? And why isn’t the price advertised? How do you expect somebody to make an initial  personal judgement. All dogs need mention whether they can be transported. We don’t all live in Queensland ! 

I think Valmae is having  a rant that everyone should put pictures of puppies & prices in the ad to make life simple for her so she can make a personal judgement off whether its good enough for them 

We never put pictures or prices in our ads .If people where interested they contacted us  where a personal discussion between both parties happens & all aspects of what there after & whether what we have will suit .

We did clearly say no shipping & 99% of people never ever read the ad anyway & would contact us wanting them shipped 

Edited by Dogsfevr
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Valmae said:

Gold morning

Why aren’t there photos advertised on some advertisements? And why isn’t the price advertised? How do you expect somebody to make an initial  personal judgement. All dogs need mention whether they can be transported. We don’t all live in Queensland ! 

Communication is a 2 way street. If you see something you like then make an enquiry

• Like 3

On 11/02/2023 at 4:54 PM, Valmae said:

Gold morning

Gold morning to you.   Don't know what you're talking about.  Which advertisements? Where?  If you mean DOL you can select the state.  Some breeders don't like posting puppy photos...the little guys change so fast!  And usual photos don't really tell you that much unless you're buying for colour.  For some buyers, it's enough to know the kennel name or see the sire and dam's pedigrees

• Like 3

On 11/02/2023 at 2:54 PM, Valmae said:

Gold morning

some cannot put puppy pictures as they have not paid the extra to include them too

• Like 3

On 21/02/2023 at 10:34 PM, ellz said:

Many also don’t use photos because of the way other people “steal” them for other uses, the majority being nefarious.

I'm trying to think how cute puppy pictures can be used for nefarious reasons? Dodgy Facebook spam account profile pictures!? Fake driving licences or passports!?

I think when advertising puppies transparency (pics + info) will help sell. Personally I'd be put off if an ad was vague. It would make me think there's something dodgy going on, and I'd likely avoid. I wouldn't rant about it though - that's kinda up to the seller?

2 hours ago, Papillon Kisses said:

By scammers that are pretending to sell the puppies.

Yeah a few times fake puppy ads have cropped up for my breed on various online platforms, and because it’s a small breed community someone has quickly realised it’s dodgy.  A quick image search and we find which breeder around the world has had their photos ‘repurposed’ for a bit of fraud.  

Edited by Diva
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, batgirlbc said:

I'm trying to think how cute puppy pictures can be used for nefarious reasons? Dodgy Facebook spam account profile pictures!? Fake driving licences or passports!?

Really? Your comment surprises me although I know I shouldn’t be. I would have thought that puppy scams, which hit the media regularly and have for many years, were well known by the greater majority of people. 

They steal the photo and repurpose it for their scam. For sale: 1 cute little pug puppy for only $1500 - but it’s not their pug puppy nor their photo. 

• Like 4

Suppose  personaly if i was selling pups , i would probably put pics  on  after all cute sells and pups are cute , ones got a black face  maybee what the buyers looking for , ones brindle and white same again , would help sell  , regards worried about someone stealing there pics , well  just google cute dogs see what you come up with millions of puppy pics on line  if they want to steal  ,,, Price i woud put price on has well  then   people can make up there own mind wether to even bother ringing , will say it would of saved me a few phone calls  in the recent past  , where i have rang over an older dog , purposly  not asked price straight away  because i know it upsets some breeders ,, but sooner or later yoy get around to it .

Not all prospective buyers are  horrible people willing to pay thousands to buy a dog so they can mistreat it ,or turn it into aa puppy farm , some actually spend thousands because they want the correct pet for them  . I've actually had a couple of real nice pleasant experiences with  breeders i've bought dogs from and i would highly reccomend them if they were still going ,  but thats over a good few years ,

But i've also recently had some  not so good  i stated on another thread about this recently  out looking for an older Rotty  , WIFE JUST DID'NT WANT THE PUPPY CHEWING HOUSE TRAINING STAGE ,  i came across  a few breeders who advertized ,  great dog , loves kids , brought up with familly in house ect ect ect ,all the usual stuff .  only  after answering a million questions even asked to send pics of my backyard  , where i lived  one asked for my address said she wanted to google where i lived so she could  google if in fact i did live opposite a dog beach i could excercise the dog  after answering all questions which i thought were fair enough , after all  its there dog they want to obviously go to another good home ,

i asked my own questions , such has how many dogs do you have  do they sleep in kennels  , house trained was a HUGE factor for me , the  answers usually came out   lives in a kennel not really house trained , but should'nt be hard to train , good luck with that one ,  my wifes not putting up with stepping in dog poo throughout the house ,  then  to how often they play with kids , Oh when my grandkids come over they play with them  fair enough , my grandkids would'nt bother anyway , , then sooner or later  it came around to price ,  $2500 for a 6 year old rotty    thats had 3 litters and no longer needed ,,, Yeh right i've had  a staffy lived 15 years , shepard 18 years ,  spaniel 15 -16 years  , 2 boxers  14 -15 years , but  my favorites the 2 rottys i had , 7 and 8 years respectivly  ,  not really any health issues just both died  young and its   just a fact rottys don't live a extra long life , so how they have the cheek to    ask that sort of money for a dog thats run its course with them, and  no longer any use to them , was never part of the familly  lived in a kennel ,  just needs a loving home  for its later years  , yet they act all morally superior  is beyoind me .

Course  thats not all breeders there are some great ones out there , but not all  are great and there is sometimes a dubious reason there vague  but just has  a good breeder has to know the right questions to find out if its a good home , a buyer has to have a keen eye and know the questions to ask  to find if its a good breeder there dealing with, , all a double edged sword , and  i personaly would welcome any breeder  stating they would like to keep in touch  , maybee see pics later even visit  later to see how said dog is going , to me that just shows that  the breeder really does care  and i would welcome it , but then again    other side of the coin theres no way would i buy a dog  and then be told to desex it  , if i bought a female  , i would look  sideways at a breeder who asked me to desex it when it was a pup ,  if it was older  , i would simply agree if they payed , because my wife would  want  a female desexed ,  after all it would live  in or outside the house dogs choosing sleep where it wants  ,BUT  if it was male , theres no way would i get it desexed unless it was a health issue . so i would'nt be told  and breeders now a days want to tell you

On 28/02/2023 at 8:30 PM, ~Anne~ said:

Really? Your comment surprises me although I know I shouldn’t be. I would have thought that puppy scams, which hit the media regularly and have for many years, were well known by the greater majority of people. 

They steal the photo and repurpose it for their scam. For sale: 1 cute little pug puppy for only $1500 - but it’s not their pug puppy nor their photo. 

Yes, but there's billions of puppy photos on the Internet so it's easy enough for scammers to get hold of them.

@batgirlbcYour comments were asking ‘how’ the photos would be used by scammers. You weren’t stating there were too many out there already to make much difference. My response gave you an explanation and I expressed surprise that you seemed unaware of a common scam on the net.

Although I agree in part with the number of images observation I’d also add there are also billions of bank accounts out there but I wouldn’t make it easy for people to access mine, just the same! 

Edited by ~Anne~
  • Like 2