50mm 1.4 Or 1.8 Post Your Pics Here!

Kirislin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kirislin, yeah I have the 1.8 and 1.4 which ill now be giving the 1.8 to my OH.

Katie, I havent had much time to play with it but from what I could tell, im getting slighly sharper images and the colour seems to be a bit more vibrant (before my own editing). I need to play with it more! Also, I do like the more sturdy design.

Looking at getting one of these 50mm , not sure which to get the f1.8 and f1.4. For doggie shots, which is better?

I'm looking at the canon lens, whats a good price for one of these, i read they are one of the more inexpensive lenses around

Ok more from me

4890399230_c259b0aafa.jpg

Gorgeous :laugh:

Looking at getting one of these 50mm , not sure which to get the f1.8 and f1.4. For doggie shots, which is better?

I'm looking at the canon lens, whats a good price for one of these, i read they are one of the more inexpensive lenses around

I second this question :laugh:

The main differences between the 1.8 and the 1.4 is the price and the build quality of the lens. The 1.8 is a LOT cheaper than the 1.4 and from what I have heard the 1.8 isn't as well made [more plastic parts, overall but I have never used the 1.8 lens. I am sure someone who has used both can say more on the subject. I have the 1.4 and I am really happy I spent the extra money on it. I got the lens bundled with my body, so I am not sure what I actually paid for it, but it was retailing at $500.