The Official January Photo A Day Challenge

Ashanali

I had these for breakfast today. They aren't that fresh as they had been in the fridge for a few days but tasted ok.

Blueberry brekkie

3162325650_113723200e_o.jpg

ETA exif data:

Lens: Sigma 17-70

Shutter 1/100

ISO 320

natural light through the kitchen window

Edited by Ripley

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To all those posting who might be members of Flickr, I have started a dogzonline sharing group if you wish to join. Just a place to share some of your favourite images with other DOL/flickr members.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/dolers/

Wow, I just asked to join the group and uploaded some photos at the same time and I can't believe the quality of the thumbs when browsing my gallery! It is such an improvement on deviantART, I'm blown away.

ETA: And the fullsize photos too, I really can't believe the difference in quality from one site to the next.

Edited by iltby

To all those posting who might be members of Flickr, I have started a dogzonline sharing group if you wish to join. Just a place to share some of your favourite images with other DOL/flickr members.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/dolers/

Wow, I just asked to join the group and uploaded some photos at the same time and I can't believe the quality of the thumbs when browsing my gallery! It is such an improvement on deviantART, I'm blown away.

ETA: And the fullsize photos too, I really can't believe the difference in quality from one site to the next.

Yeah there's a pretty big difference, isn't there!!! I love Flickr!! I've asked to join the group, too.

Seriously huge, I'm feeling a bit annoyed with dA now :rolleyes: Sort of feels like photos don't meet their full potential on there. Am going to edit my signature to link to Flickr :(

Edited by iltby

Here is my contribution to today's photos

This is piggy

Morty loves his piggy - piggy was pink, piggy is also starting to lose some of his stuffing, poor piggy

Nikon D90

18-55mm VR

ISO 800

Cropped, exposure played with and sharpened a little before posting as it was taken inside on manual and the flash washed out the colours a bit

3162385878_68b07b0a4a_o.jpg

Took this today with my crappy Fuji FinepixZ point-and-shoot. After a bit of post processing I am pretty happy with how it turned out!

Interesting and very effective. What exactly is the picture of? It looks as though you have applied a mirror image?

I spent the day playing with my marine fishtank, so had to have a 'beachy' theme for todays picture :rolleyes:

IMG_7442.jpg

Canon 20D

Lens: 28-105mm with a Mandee macro magnification ring/filter

Focal Length: 28

F Stop: 4.5

ISO: 400

Shutter Speed: 1/50

Edited by aquaticmalamute

Sorry folks. I was off having a nap (babies teething had me up all last night). I have approved the people for the group. feel free to share whatever you want over there in the group.

I still haven't taken my photo for today yet. I'm dropping Alex off at a friends soon on the other side of town so I'm taking the camera with me and keeping a lookout on the way for something that catches my eye. Fingers crossed something pops up. :rolleyes:

I am really enjoying this thread! I love seeing everyones pics.

Shot for today... it was hard to choose.

jan0309.jpg

Panasonic FZ30

Focal Length - 7mm

ISO 200

F 3.2

Shutter Speed 1/640

I want to do something in photoshop with it but I dont know how :(

And this one I am just putting in as OH reckons it looks like the Bee is jumping :rolleyes:

leapofaith.jpg

Panasonic FZ30

Focal Length - 7mm

ISO 200

F 2.8

Shutter Speed 1/800

I had to have a bye yesterday, due to work and other commitments....and this is todays pitiful effort...due to dog show commitments. But tomorrow, I intend to make up for being so slack!

Model Dog

sideboard.jpg

I must say, this little girl is the most obliging, patient and gorgeous model ever. Not once did she try and jump down from the sidebaord after I'd lifted her there....she just waited for me to get done then I lifted her down again.

Shmoo and I took a walk down to Katoomba Falls today and spent the whole time taking photos. Had a difficult time deciding, I think this it my favourite of the lot-

IMG_18082.jpg

EXIF data-

Canon 1000D

100mm macro lens

F number: 3.2

Shutter speed: 1/200

ISO: 400

Have posted the rest I took here as there were quite a few I liked :( - http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=155683

ETA: Animal Mad, that's terrible :rolleyes: Any way they could be retrieved at a camera store do you think?

Edited by iltby