The Official January Photo A Day Challenge

Ashanali

this was mine from last nite!

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

JAG that is an awesome shot......when we were driving home last nite I couldn't believe how bright the moon was!!

I could have taken a pic of the mess Merry made in his pen.......but that would have been a bit gross :rofl:...too many chicken necks :thumbsup: But its the last thing you feel like doing when you come home from a nite out!!!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I get up this morning to let the poodles out and woah and behold the moon is sitting there laughing at me. I raced in, grabbed the camera and just clicked off 4 shots to be precise. Didn't put any thought into it at all. First one was washed out readjusted the settings a bit, lent up against the side of the house and shot. Thought they were going to be blurry as I am not very good at holding the zoom lens still. But all is good and I can now say I did it. :rofl:

It's always the way isn't it? the best shots come from a spur of the moment thing :thumbsup: Sometimes makes you wonder why you bother setting up the shot...

Anywhoo, here is my moon. First lot I took came out too orange, so had to go back and re-adjust the Kelvin setting (was at 6500k so stepped her down to 2800k)

IMG_8081_edited-1.jpg

Lens: 75-300mm old kit lens

ISO: 100

F-Stop: 6.3

Shutter Speed: 1/50

Well after a 41 degree day, worki, helping OH pack for a 3 day trip out to the Pt Lincoln fires and then a meeting tonight. Here is my 1 and only pic for the day. Don't think PIper was too impressed with me waking her up!

jan13.jpg

man, everyone's pics are brilliant! :rofl:

I've so lost my place but I'm loving the sunsets, the dogs, the kids, the flowers and wildlife :rofl:

rocco - I think you're pics are inspirational! Love the "regretful decision" especially the 1st one :thumbsup:

ripley - those landscape pics are awesome, I really like the lighting and colours, if I'd taken them, I woulda called them perfect :o

tlc - I love your dogs :rofl:

huga - again, the macro shot is really nice

jayc - interesting wood eyes

MTD - your sunset shot is great, very cool the way the clouds outline the tree-line along the horizon :rofl:

there was more I mean to comment on, but seriously everyone is doing fantastically and I'm loving seeing such interesting views!

I've been shooting into the sun again :rofl:

3194182984_4a4664f109.jpg

:rofl:

AM ;) You did it :(

Piper that is a gorgeous pic of your baby.

CM - I am loving your Dali shots. Your subject is so photogenic . They would great as a series on the wall

persephone what stunning colours you get to see everyday. One day I hope to get out to the centre and experience all the colours and beauty of Australia

PPS Why are you not happy with your pic? I think it is a nice shot. I never seem to capture a building at its best. My building pics all look rather blah and boring.

I envy you guys with gorgeous landscapes and sunsets and old buildings on your doorstep. No light pollution at dusk either, you are lucky.

Last night I got 'busted' by a friendly security guard taking a night shot while I was out on my evening walk. I took the camera with me in case I spotted something and I did. All was ok though, he just wondered what the hell I was shooting and as long as it wasn't the shopping centre logo, he was fine with it - I showed him my image and we got chatting. Will put it up tonight as I was too tired when I got home, sorry.

Really enjoyed viewing everyone's shots from yesterday.

Wow, i seriously can not believe the talent that is on here. :( the sunsets are breath taking, the moon shots are so awesome.

The dogs photos are brilliant, well captured. ;)

I think everyone should be proud of themselves, you are all truly talented. :(

Wow, i seriously can not believe the talent that is on here. :) the sunsets are breath taking, the moon shots are so awesome.

I totally agree :)

Warls, I really like the building shot :rofl:

CM - I love how sunny your pic looks :)

Sooooo.... Today's shot is just called 'Teef' :(

copyofp11418901231890271.JPG

Edited by huga

Wow, i seriously can not believe the talent that is on here. :( the sunsets are breath taking, the moon shots are so awesome.

Very well said, I agree :)

Rofl at today's pic, Huga :)

Here's my pic for yesterday. It was bloody hot and I've tried to capture that here. I've increased the exposure, brightness and contrast on this one to try to make it convey the way it feels to look at the sky on a hot day.

3195133451_e029686644.jpg

Smaller than it looks. this frog was tiny, it's only recently morphed into a frog. I rescued it this morning as I was moving some pot plants to give them a drink, it had been sheltering in one of them and fell onto the path. I put it under a lilypad leaf and it stayed there for several hours. It's gone now, I hope it's going to be OK. The death rate of new baby frogs in pretty high :thumbsup:

IMG_2664tcs.jpg

1/200

f 5.6

iso 400

55mm (cheapie kit lens)

Edited by Kirislin

Hi Poocow.....yes we did enjoy the movie!! I was up at the Drive-in @ Heddon Greta & thought it would make a good shot. I like the shot from the shorts to Bolt......guess I was just lucky!

I am lacking motivation here today....its just sooo hot.

Hi Guys, all awesome pics again so far today and the rest of Yesterday.

MTD to answer your question about what sort of Dog Cooper is, some of you may not talk to me again :laugh: he is a Cocker Spaniel x Poodle. All 4 of my dogs are, Cooper looks a bit different than the other 3 as his parents were already Poodle crosses. I hope no one holds this against me. I love my dogs like everyone else here and enjoy everyones photos and storys so much, however I am used to occasionlly being ignored and I understand that on a pure bred forum. Id also like to add, I didnt get any of my dogs from a pet shop or a puppy farm, just incase anyone was wondering...now onto business :thumbsup:

TerraNik, I love the sign, it is so rustic and the border really suits it....(how do I do the borders they look great)

Jay C Your Doggie is georgous, very laid back pics, Love them!!

Iltby, I love Patient and confused, is there any tutorials I can look at to do my own signiture mark on my photos??

Kirislin, loving the from pics.

Poodle mum Im guessing your pic is Bolt, is that a drive in? I didnt hink there were any drive ins still operational any more??

Nicole, Great Moon shot, well done and your cat definatley looks hot!! Gotta love a kitty shot!!

Piper is lovely, she has that Just woken up look on her face, very cute!!

CM Loving your Dally shots, he looks like he loves the camera!!

Pointee, I had to look at your lab butts a few times to figure out what they were, very clever, are they like a coat rack??

Persephone, love that moon shot so much detail in the moon, and the second shot is great, looks a bit like a fungus life form!!

PPS, The old church is great, 10 pics a day how do you do it, I have to take at least 100 to get one or two good ones!!

Huga, the teeth shot is Brilliant, love the tounge!!

Popsicle your shot really does capture how hot is was that day, made me hot just looking at it!!

Mine for today, I went on a special outing to our gardens, didnt get any real fab ones but I couldnt decide between the two of these the first one was a small water feature and I liked how the droplets of water looked in this particular one, I have edited this a bit in PS, The second one I caught a duck fishing :worship: I did change the color a lot in the duck one, it looks way better than the original.Both Taken on the D80

14th January

DSC_0141edit.jpg

DSC_0254edit.jpg

Im loving this thread so much so I havent been checking out the others not enough time in the day!! Look forward to coming back later.