2009 Brags Thread

I love reading this thread and seeing how well everyone is doing. I can add my own now. Flea got her First novice Jumping Pass. We have been so close so many times with just a knocked bar or somthing. now we have done it. Woo Hoo

ETA: Ruby is the owners name a mistake or is she registered in some one elses name? I think you should get it fixed up ASAP what ever the matter is. :cheer:

Congrats on your first novice jumping pass!! :happydance2:

Ruby is most definitely registered in my name, it was just a case of them putting who came 2nd on my certificate. It was in a different coloured pen to the rest of it so it looks like a late addition once scores were tallied! I wonder if who came 2nd got my name on theirs? There were only 2 qualifiers for that trial so it's possible :happydance:

Does anyone have an email of a contact of the Midland Dog Training Club I can contact? Is it Jill Houston? Perthies, heeeelp!!! :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love reading this thread and seeing how well everyone is doing. I can add my own now. Flea got her First novice Jumping Pass. We have been so close so many times with just a knocked bar or somthing. now we have done it. Woo Hoo

Congratulations and well done, 1 down 2 to go. Go Flea... :mad:o

Congratulations Pippi & Jess on your titles :laugh: All the best for upcoming trials!

The black dog will be out of dog sports for awhile :) She hung herself in our gate on the weekend and is very lucky to be alive and have 2 front legs.

Congratulations Pippi & Jess on your titles :laugh: All the best for upcoming trials!

The black dog will be out of dog sports for awhile :) She hung herself in our gate on the weekend and is very lucky to be alive and have 2 front legs.

OMG! :) Hope she is ok??

OMG Silva how awful :) I hope she recovers quickly, how much damage has she done? I can only imagine how hard it's going to be to keep her quiet for a while. :)

Congratulations Pippi & Jess on your titles :thumbsup: All the best for upcoming trials!

The black dog will be out of dog sports for awhile :rolleyes: She hung herself in our gate on the weekend and is very lucky to be alive and have 2 front legs.

Geez I can't believe what you are saying. Hope there is not too much damage done and no permanent injury. Poor baby.

Give her a few extra big hugs..

Fingers crossed for any pass tomorrow as any pass will lead towards a title - although knowing Ness she has probably had her dash of passes and we won't come close.

Sorry to hear about your dog Silva, fingers and paws crossed for a speedy recovery.

Yesterday, my girl, Ember achieved her 'Tracking Champion'. She has to work hard for it but found the tracklayer.

I am so proud of her. :)

I'd like to thank everyone who helped me along the way.

:angel::angel: Only just saw this - WELL DONE.

Just a little one that will hopefully get bigger tomorrow.

CK and Xena are running in the same flyball team at MPW tomorrow. We only have 4 dogs and are a little concerned that CK might have another of his brain explosions and randomly decide that the dog coming towards him is scary and he needs to run around the last hurdle.

We've taken a big risk and decided to run CK first and Xena second - two young dogs from the same family passing.......... At training the other night it worked a treat and neither dog even looked at the other, even when I let Xena go a bit too early. I'm really wrapped that they aren't chasing each other.

The other really cool thing is that OH is doing VERY well handling Mr CK, and the boy isn't coming looking for me. (I think she gives better pats and he might dump me any way!)

have a good weekend everyone.

Just a small brag from me today.

I had my young (well 3.5yrs) Golden entered in novice at our club's members comp today and walked out with a lovely heeling score of 34 out of 40. I was wrapped with this as heeling is something that I have been really working on with him. SO.. I've got from failing heeling very badly.. getting 8's and 10's to a 34 today. My next actual trial is June Queen's Birthday weekend so hopfully all my hard work will show in the ring. :shrug::laugh:

Congratulations Melody! :shrug: I could only dream of having a dog that will heel like that!

I'm new to the world of agility but this is the first time I've really wanted to have a good brag on here. Lomani competed in her 4th agility trial yesterday. We competed in her first jumping trial a few weeks ago which was a triple and she managed to get all 3 novice quallies in the one trial. I was pretty excited by that but was really keen for her to get an agility quallie which has so far eluded us.

Anyway, yesterday we trialled and Lomani got her first novice agility quallie (and second place) and despite my trepidation at being up in excellent jumping already, she got a quallie and first place there too!!!! I'm soooooo happy I can't stop grinning! :laugh::laugh::shrug: I can see why this whole trialling thing is so addictive! :eek:

Edited cos I can't spell!

Edited by mntgood

Congratulations Melody! :shrug: I could only dream of having a dog that will heel like that!

I'm new to the world of agility but this is the first time I've really wanted to have a good brag on here. Lomani competed in her 4th agility trial yesterday. We competed in her first jumping trial a few weeks ago which was a triple and she managed to get all 3 novice quallies in the one trial. I was pretty excited by that but was really keen for her to get an agility quallie which has so far eluded us.

Anyway, yesterday we trialled and Lomani got her first novice agility quallie (and second place) and despite my trepidation at being up in excellent jumping already, she got a quallie and first place there too!!!! I'm soooooo happy I can't stop grinning! :laugh::laugh::shrug: I can see why this whole trialling thing is so addictive! :eek:

Edited cos I can't spell!

And the Run In agility was spectacular! Amazingly quick weave enteries! Congrats guys you deserved it.. We'll see you next weekend! Come on Jock bring me some Qs lol!

Back from a weekend in the country.

Sexy Lexy overcame losts of bad odds, her first run in masters agility, and me handling her, and she still went clear :) She also went clear in Excellent jumpings - Woo Hoo :o

Scoota put in a ripper UD round this morning - finished 2nd with 192 - but I lost 3 marks when I dropped the first scent article on his head (he had to pick it up again) and then he lost three in gloves when I sent him around to heel and he started sneezing and sat crooked. The best bit of all was that he didn't stand over his scent articles and he was a very happy boy. All his presents and finishes were spot on :) Yee Har

Edited by Ptolomy

Today at the AM Berwick Obedience Trial, Freya gained her final pass for her Novice Title with a score of 181 and 2nd place in the ring.

She is now CH Marlau Lucindas Princess CCD CD.

Congratulations capanash :o Wish I'd known who you were as we were also there!

Ziggy got his first CCD pass this afternoon with a score of 95/100 and first place :rofl: The general air of astonishment when the judge announced "the Dalmatian" was absolutely priceless :) I was doubly proud of the young lad as, during his sit stay, he was approached by a GSD....Zig did his absolute best to stay sitting and leaned back at an impossible angle to avoid the dog. Eventually the GSD jumped at him and Zig was forced to leap backwards/sideways in order to get away, right into the Jack Russell next to him! The judge was absolutely lovely and said it wasn't our fault and let us re-do our sit stays. Zig was solid but unfortunately the lovely little Jack lay down - after we'd finished I offered to do another stay whilst reinforcing with food to make sure the Jack wasn't frightened.

The judge basically said that I lost most of the 5 points with my handling (too quick on the turns etc).....typical! Seemed like a well run trial (not much experience here!) - lovely ribbons & trophy plus 3 packets of 4-Legs dog food - which is what I use for training treats so very handy.

In the AM trial, Zig worked beautifully but the judge had to fail us on the heel work (he was SO apologetic :) ) as Ziggy just would not drop properly on the cold, wet grass! So unlike him and, although I was disappointed, I really had nothing to complain about as the rest of his heel work etc was lovely and showed so much promise. I think we ended up with 82 NQ so it would have been a nice score!

Congratulations everyone on your results! :)

woo hoo!! go Ziggy - we knew you could do it!!! give your mum a pat on the back for us :)

Congrats to all that's been doing so well!

I haven't run my kids again yet, but my brag is that I ran the 'impossible red & white BC' over the weekend. she's an awesome dog but basically flattens a course like there is no tomorrow! I'm pleased to say we only had a few faults and a very smooth run!!! both were handler errors. I get to run her again next trial - I can't wait :o