Fraser

Sticks1977

Words do not seem enough at times - I have been delaying my post here in the Rainbow Bridge, hoping to wake up from this awful dream but today I have faced reality that you are no longer here physically. Both me and 'Mumma' miss you dearly and there is not a day that goes by without you in our thoughts.

I still remember the day we found you, and you found us in Longwarry - you were so loving to us both, we named you "Fraser" and brought you home two weeks later. You were an absolute joy to have around home, your toilet training was easier than we expected, our company you craved and we spent every moment with you that we could.

You were only with us for two years but it seems like a lifetime ago that you came into our lives. We miss you every day and treasure greatly the photographs and video that we can look back on with happy thoughts and smile. You were the first dog for us that we took care of and you showed us so much, taught us so much and most importantly loved us and enabled us to love each other more than we knew.

All the walks we went on, the places we visited, the people that we met (I hope you always got a kick out of people noticing you, the amount of children that would say to their parents "look, there's a doggy!"), the adventures that we went on, I hope that you remember them all Fraser - for I will never forget them and the time that we shared.

Then the eventful day came that we had to give you your wings and send you away to the Rainbow Bridge. God must have wanted you more than we did but you put up such a strong and brave fight.

We remember taking you into the Emergency Centre on Sunday evening, a family came out of the consultation room with two young children - oh how you loved kids! As sick as you were, you were able to stand up with your tail wagging ever so quickly... we never knew what was to come in the next few days and hours.

You fought on so hard, your body rejecting the fluids - but you had your dignity to the very end getting up and walking to go to the toilet and feeling so guilty that you had been sick in your hospital bed. I wish that we had found the knotted rope earlier - that there was more we could have done to try and save your life.You went in for emergency surgery on Monday night and they found the rope, you survived surgery that you were not an ideal candidate for it, and held on long enough for us to say goodbye - for that I will forever be grateful.

I was with you when you had the needle... I cannot remember my exact words to you just before you passed on but I hope they were "I love you". I can still hear your last breaths and I know that you are no longer in pain... running free up at the Rainbow Bridge, making new friends and awaiting old acquaintances.

A giant hole has been left in our world - the house is so quiet now without you here. We miss your company, the hugs, the kisses, your breakfast and dinner - and even your drool! Your friends that you knew around here seem to know that you are gone - the magpie that used to sit on the antenna comes down into the backyard to visit now.

I went on my first walk today without you - there is so much missing and it does not feel right to be walking alone. Someday soon we will get another labrador puppy - and I can show him or her the walking trails that we discovered together.

Thank you for the greatest two years of our lives, without you I doubt that I would be marrying 'Mumma' in January next year. You were such a big part of our small family circle and no other dog, person or being will be able to replace the legacy and love that you have given us both.

We love you little man - until we meet again... some day

Fraser Blamire

29.05.2007 - 15.09.2009

Lots of our love,

Shaun 'Dadda' and Gaylene 'Mumma' Blamire :laugh:

:laugh:

DSC01788.jpg

Edited by Sticks1977

Fraser looks like an absolute darling. So sorry for your loss. We lost our Lab in April and I still miss her every day.

Good luck with your new puppy when you feel ready to get one

RIP Fraser :rainbowbridge: Run free with My Holly

So sorry to hear of your loss. :grouphug: Below is a poem I was given when my girl Cassie crossed the Rainbow Bridge last year to Cancer. :rofl: I still cannot read without crying... :laugh: I thought you might like to read as it is very beautiful

Through Lifes journey we took a ride,

The times you spent by my side,

You were always there as my best friend,

But we knew one day, there would be an end,

Heavens doors are open, just walk through the gates,

In this animal kingdom, sunshine awaits,

To a place you can run free, never grow old,

A world full of freedom, rivers of gold,

Towards the Rainbow, you can play and run,

Or in the green fields, you can relax in the sun,

Under the trees just rest in the shade,

As this is the place, where dreams are made,

No pain or suffering exists in this place,

Only fields of endless happiness, butterflies you chase,

Beyond the Hills, you lead your friends,

As my broken heart tries to mend,

When I light a candle and whisper your name,

This shall become forever, an endless flame,

When you look down from Pet heaven, see tears on my cheek,

Make me strong, day by day, week by week,

When I look amongst the stars for you,

I can see you shining in heaven, its true,

Just waiting for me, I'll see you one day,

But now my friend, just relax and play.....

Author: Christian Mitchell

Edited by k9angel