Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Anyone know or recommend a experinced breeder in Perth that cab glue my bulldog ears? Urgent as his is 10 weeks ana ears are starting to set now

His ears will move a bit while hes teething, unless they are REALLY wrong, I dont worry about taping until 12 weeks, or I havent done with 2 of my westies and they have ended up with lovely ears.

Is he a showdog or is it purely cosmetic?

Guest belgian.blue

Hey Perthies.

Anyone know a place in Perth buy martingale collars for a reasonable price?

Hey Perthies.

Hey Belgian Blue,

I sell them on my website www.dogkingdom.com.au - they are medium size fit 13 to 18", I buy them for Greyhounds but there's a size chart on there.

Julie

I've seen the chain link and fabric ones in the cheapo stores...Red Dot and Crazy Charlies etc. Usually in large size. You can also get them at Better Pets and City Farmers. If you want all fabric ones you can try the Dog Shop at Dogs West on the weekends.

Hey Perthies.

Guest belgian.blue
I've seen the chain link and fabric ones in the cheapo stores...Red Dot and Crazy Charlies etc. Usually in large size. You can also get them at Better Pets and City Farmers. If you want all fabric ones you can try the Dog Shop at Dogs West on the weekends.
Hey Perthies.

What time is the Dog West shop open on the weekends? I'm after all fabric, no chain.

Guest belgian.blue
Dog shop wont be open saturday night.

It will be sunday

Thank you. I will head there tomorrow and check it out.

Have any of you guys been to the new better pets and gardens in Myaree on leach hwy? I was pretty impressed with their range of products. They have a really good range of dry food. I got some marked down nutro that still had a month on it. They even had these cool fish ponds with gold fish in them.

Ive been to a few city farmers and I didnt think they were that great. I wanted eagle pack or nutro and they didnt have any but they had 70 different kinds of advance. I also wanted a half decent slicker and they only had kramer and no name ones. I also asked the shop assistant if they sell comfortis (when i was having a flea problem) and she looked at me like duh whats that? Is comfortis only a vet and online product? Havent seen it in any shops.

Anyways have any of you guys been to select pets in bicton. Its pretty disgusting, their specialty is GSD's in little fish tanks. I havent seen much of the larger breeds in little fish tanks before. I think they have a good little BYB operation going on.

maybe i shouldnt be naming names but just thought i'd put that out there.

Edited by ncarter

Hey Nick, I haven't been to that better pets and gardens, just the one in osbourne park but it is so much better than city farmers. I wish I had a store closer though, so I just go to city farmers because of distance. Anyway I've been to select pets. Such an awful place. It's very confusing too because they support Cat Haven and help rehome their kittens except then they support BYBs and puppy farmers by selling stupid DDs and some "purebreds". There were some gorgeous paps and goldies when I went. Wonder what's happened to them :coffee:

Edited by Mim

hi mim, I just thought with the GSD's that it was at the upper end of irresponsible considering hardly anyone has a decent size yard in the area (not that this is the be and end all) and I wouldnt have thought any experienced GSD person would be silly enough to buy a dog from a petshop so therefore you are selling a possibly high drive dog to an inexperienced person.

hey thornlie girl,

I got a mate who lives in thornlie and she has a lovely sheltie puppy. Do you live near that silly tree man. I heard he poos and wees in a bucket and his wife empties it out each day

what does he do when the media is there? sorry guys can you turn the cameras off I gotta take a dump :coffee:

Edited by ncarter

Hey Perthies.

What time is the Dog West shop open on the weekends? I'm after all fabric, no chain.

Hi, dont know of any shops that sell them, but if you try looking a Black Dog online they have martingdale type fabric collars in sizes to suit toys (iggis to Greyhounds, so they would fit most breeds, I have one and it has adjusted from tiny pup to full grown whippet - not that expensive either, or try whippet assn or greyhound assn on line, they both have them the whippet ones are really glam, they might make to measure, again not that expensive....

Funnily enough, all of them have partial stuffing removed, but are holding up really well. Henry seems to just walk around with one in his mouth most of the time. Cara only wants the one Henry is playing with, altho today we were throwing the rabbit into her pool and she thought that was great fun.

Funnily enough, all of them have partial stuffing removed, but are holding up really well. Henry seems to just walk around with one in his mouth most of the time. Cara only wants the one Henry is playing with, altho today we were throwing the rabbit into her pool and she thought that was great fun.

It amazes me how much they love soft toys, Mason will choose a soft toy over anything except a squeak ball...

Hey Perthies.

I couldn't find any I liked in the shops here so I got Huga to make some up for me, the details are in her thread in commercial marketplace. I'm very happy with them.

The two closest City Farmers stores to me are good, but that may be because they are both new - they seem to have just as much stuff as the local BP&G (more toys though) and are often slightly cheaper.